Temporary Activity Work Visa
Under the temporary visa framework there are four temporary activity visa subclasses:
- Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) (subclass 400) visa;
- Temporary Work (International Relations) (subclass 403) visa;
- Training (subclass 407) visa; and
- Temporary Activity (subclass 408) visa.
From 19 November 2016
- The subclass 400, 407 and 408 visas can only be lodged online. Paper applications lodged from this date for these visa subclasses will be considered invalid and returned to the applicant together with payment of the visa application charge;
- Paper applications for the subclass 401 and subclass 402 visas will also be considered invalid;
- Only the subclass 403 visa can be lodged both online and by paper.
For more information on the temporary activity work visa programme and documents you need to provide with your temporary work (short stay) visa application, please click here.
VFS Global can assist applicants by offering “Online Visa Assist” service and complete the data entry of an application and upload the supporting documents Online on their behalf under VFS’s Online IMMI Account by charging the approved rates. This service includes upload of the documents at the time of application and any subsequent documents as and when requested by the application processing authority only.
The service will be available with prior appointment through the VFS Call Centre. Applicants are required to bring in their Credit Card to use for payment of their Visa application. The payment can only be made Online in AUD (Australian Dollar). Applicants are encouraged to bring along all the information and supporting documents at the time of their appointment to avoid any delays.
|Visa Category||Base Visa Application Charge (AUD)||Base Visa Application Charge (THB)||Additional Applicant Charge over 18 (AUD)||Additional Applicant Charge over 18 (THB)||Additional Applicant Charge under 18 (AUD)||Additional Applicant Charge under 18 (THB)|
Payable in Thai Baht at the VFS Australian Visa Application Centre either by cash or cashier’s cheque or Bank draft issued in favour of Australian Embassy Bangkok.
For more information on visa fees please refer to the Fees & Charges menu on the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection Website.
The service charge is applicable per passport which can be paid either by cash or cashier’s cheque or Bank draft issued in favour of VFS (Thailand) Ltd.
|Primary Client/Applicant Fee|
|Application lodgement and biometric collection – Primary applicant||THB 883|
|Biometrics Collection Only||THB 839|
|Secondary Client/Applicant Fee|
|Application lodgement and biometric collection – Secondary applicant||THB 618|
|Citizenship by Descent||THB 618|
Before visiting AVAC, applicants are requested for their kind cooperation in making sure that the recommended documents are provided and sorted out as per the checklist.
Please click here to obtain the checklist of recommended supporting documents.
Please submit one photograph along with your visa application.
The photograph must be:
- No more than 6 months old
- 4.5cm X 3.5cm
- Colored, with plain background
- Taken looking straight forward and face seen clearly
For current processing times please visit: Global visa and citizenship processing times
|Visa Application Form|