This visa is for the temporary entry of people for tourism purposes.
This visa allows people to visit Australia for a holiday or recreation, or to visit family and/or friends for a stay up to three or six or twelve months. This visa may also be used for other short-term non-work purposes.
Who should apply?
This visa is available to all passport holders who are outside Australia and want to apply for a visa to visit Australia.
For detailed information on Tourist visa kindly click here.
Visitors of certain nationalities are eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) or an eVisitor.See:
Fast-track Service - Priority Consideration
From 5 December 2016, clients in India applying for a Subclass 600 Visitor visas (in both the Tourist and Business Streams) at one of our AVACs in India, who meet the criteria below will be able to access an optional fast track priority service, subject to paying an additional fee of AUD1000 (INR 50,500 ).
The majority of Priority Service applications will be finalised within 48 hours of being received by the Australian High Commission. However, all applicants must meet the legal requirements set out in migration legislation for the grant of a visitor visa, including the requirement that applicants undertake and meet relevant health, character and security checks. If further information is required in relation to an application, then it may not be finalised within 48 hours.
Note that the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) does not recommend this service for applicants who have known health or character issues which will require further assessment, or an adverse immigration history.
Applicants should note that there is no guarantee that the visa application will be finalised within 48 hours, and that the Priority Service fee is not refundable in the event of a delay – whatever the reason – or if the visa application is refused.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to carefully consider their personal circumstances before engaging the Priority Service.
Applicants requesting urgent processing for compelling and compassionate grounds will be subject to normal priority consideration, and will not be required to pay the priority service fee.
- Application can be submitted at any of the AVAC’s in India during business hours, except for Cochin AVAC, application lodged until 10 am will be consider for priority processing.
- Requests to use the Priority Service must be made at the same time as lodging the visa application form. The Department cannot accept requests to use the Priority Service after your application has been submitted.
- It is unlikely that a visa application will be finalised within 48 hours if the applicant is affected by any of the following factors:
- Applicants with any form of adverse immigration and/or criminal history;
- Applicants who will require a health examination as part of the visa application process;
- Applicants who are under 18 years of age without parental consent provided;
- Applicants who have not provided information required on the visa application checklist.
- DIBP strongly advises that applicants do not make irreversible travel or other plans that are contingent upon grant of an Australian visa within 48 hours. DIBP and VFS will not be responsible for any loss incurred because a visa application has not been finalised in time to meet an applicant’s travel plans.
Note: Only Indian nationals residing in India are eligible to apply for priority processing.
For more information please see: http://india.embassy.gov.au/ndli/09012013.html
|Visa Category||Base Visa
Charge – Over 18 (AUD)
– Over 18 (INR)
– Under 18 (AUD)
– Under 18 (INR)
(Subclass 600) Tourist
*For Fast Track Service - Priority Consideration an additional fee of AUD 1000 (INR 50,500) is applicable.
*Fees updated effective from 1 July 2017.
Please refer Visa Pricing Currency Table for more information.
The Visa Fees and VFS Global Service Charge are applicable per application.
- The preferred mode of payment of Visa Fees is by Debit & Credit Card.
- VFS will accept all Visa, Master and Maestro cards.
- Applicants sending in their applications by post can pay the visa fee in the form of Demand draft favoring “Australian High Commission” payable at New Delhi.
VFS Global Service Charge
In addition to the Visa Fees, applicant is required to pay the VFS Global Service Charge (inclusive of all taxes), as listed below.
|Primary Client/Applicant Fee|
|Application lodgement Primary applicant||INR 1206.00|
|Secondary Client/Applicant Fee|
|Additional document submission – if not accompanied by a letter from the Visa Office||INR 844.00|
* Additional Document Submission charge is applicable for passport / documents submitted after the lodgement of visa applications with VFS Global.
- The preferred mode of payment of VFS Global Service Charge is by Debit & Credit Card.
- VFS will accept all Visa, Master and Maestro cards.
- VFS Global service charge can also be paid by cash at the Visa Application Centre or in the form of Demand draft favoring “VFS Global Services Pvt Ltd” payable at the city where the application is submitted.
- For Postal Applications, the VFS Global Service Charge Demand Draft should be in favour of “VFS Global Services Pvt Ltd” payable at the city where the application is couriered.
See: Postal Application
|Visitor Visa Checklist|
For detailed information on Visitor visa kindly click here.
Notice to all Visa Applicants – Acceptable Passport Copies
The Australian High Commission accepts two formats of passport copies:
- Notarized copies of ALL pages, blank or otherwise; or
- Copies certified by VFS.
The High Commission strongly recommends clients to carry their original passports with them when they lodge at VFS to avoid any issues: http://www.india.embassy.gov.au/ndli/Visas_and_Migration.html. Unacceptable copies – missing pages or un-certified/un-notarized pages – can lead to adverse visa decisions. There is no obligation on the High Commission to request acceptable copies after lodgment and your application will be delayed.
Two passport-sized photograph (please attach to the form). NB - ID photos that have been digitally enhanced or altered to improve or change appearance or remove distinguishing features are not acceptable. As the photos are required for identity purposes, if they do not represent your true appearance, your visa application may be delayed if you need to be asked to provide new photos. The photos should also meet normal passport size and pose (front on head and shoulders, no facial coverings or sunglasses).
For the current average processing time of visa application at Australian High Commission New Delhi kindly click here.
Note: The processing time does not include the transit time taken in forwarding the visa application from Australia Visa Application Centre to Australian High Commission, New Delhi.