Family Reunification with Non- EU Citizen
The visa for family reunification with non-BE citizen (ART 10) is given in request for a long term visa D in order to join husband/wife or father/mother who obtained a residence permit as a non-European Union citizen. As a prior requirement, documents submitted must be legalized first.
From the 2 March 2015, Home Office in Brussels will ask applicants to pay an extra fee when applying for a visa D.
The additional fee will not be reimbursed if the visa has been refused and this fee is valid for the file only. Hence applicants, who have been refused, will have to pay the fee Again.
Following applicants do not pay the additional fee:
- Applicants under 18 years old
- Family members of a citizen of the European Union requesting family reunification (article 40bis or 47/1)
- If the person being joined is a recognized refugee in Belgium
- Bursars of the Belgian government with an attestation DGD
For more detailed information on additional fee exemptions please check www.dofi.fgov.be
These fees have to be paid directly on the bank account of Home Office and payment can be done by the Belgian spouse/parent/employer.
The fees have to be paid, in euro, on the bank account of the Home Office in Brussels
IBAN BE57 6792 0060 9235
Bank : BPOST SA, Centrum Monnaie, 1000 Bruxelles
Beneficiary : SPF Intérieur, Office des étrangers, Chaussée d’Anvers 59B, 1000 Bruxelles
The person paying has to indicate a reference for the payment:
- name and first name of applicant,
- nationality of applicant,
- the date of birth of applicant, and
- travel purpose (for.ex. ART 10, ART 40, ART 9 etc)
The reference of the payment needs to have this structure:
Name_First Name_Nationality_DD.MM.YYYY_Article(mention article of the Law of 15.12.1980)
|Long stay visas ( more than 90 days)
Work permit visa , professional card visa , study visa, family reunification to join parents , family reunification to join spouse , working holiday maker, Au pair visa, person of independent means. re- entry visa,
|Fees to the Nationals of "visa facilitation treat countries"
Following country national's need to pay the mentioned fee. Albania, Bosnia, Former Yugoslav Republic Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Ukraine, Russia and Serbia.
|Children 6-12 (until the age of 12 years minus one day (1)||180||81000|
|Children below 6 years joining Non-Belgian or Non-EU citizen||180||81000|
Applicant's exempted from visa fee:
- Child less than 6 years of age applying for short term visa.
- The spouse, children who have not yet reached their 21st birthday and dependent parents of a Belgian or other EU citizen are not required to pay the visa fee.
Please Note :
- The applicable visa fee in Naira is as per current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice.
- Naira denomination of 500 & above only be accepted
- Visa fee and service fee needs to be paid at the bank teller counter in the application centre only.
- The visa fee is non refundable and non transferable.
- The visa application fee submitted and cancelled on same application day would be refundable but non transferable.
|Type||Service fee ( NRN)|
|Submission of application||13500|
*Please note that the service charge is inclusive of VAT
- Visa fee and service fee needs to be paid at the bank teller counter in the application centre, Lagos and Abuja
- Kindly carry the applicant's 1st page Passport photocopy while paying the service fee and the visa fee at the Implant bank Counter.
- The above fees are non-refundable and non transferable.
- The receipt is valid for 30 days from the date of payment and it is non - transferable and non - refundable.
|Click here to download the documents required list for Family Reunification with a Non EU Citizen in English|
|Click here to download the approved Medical Practitioners List|
|Click here to download the documents required list for Family Reunification with a Non EU Citizen in FRENCH|
Applicants are requested to submit their Application form with the new photo format, as explained below.
- The photograph for each visa applicant must be an unmounted, full face photo, as displayed above
- The photograph must have been taken within the last six months.
- The photograph must be submitted glued to the application form
The photo for each visa applicant submitted must measure:
- 3.5 cms x 4.5 cms with the head centered in the frame.
- The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure about 3 cms
- The photograph must be a full-face front view in which the visa applicant is facing the camera directly.
- Face should cover about 60-70 percent of the photo area.
- The photograph MUST be in color and have only a white background. Photos with dark, busy, or patterned backgrounds will not be accepted.
- General, the applicant's head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin on top and bottom and from hairline side-to-side. It is preferable that ears be exposed
- Photograph depicting a person wearing a traditional facemask or veil that does not permit adequate identification is not acceptable
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. Kindly download the Photo Specification file for more information.
The processing time may differ from case to case. Since the visa application in all cases has to be submitted to the Federal Department of Interior in Brussels, t Thethe verification of the submitted documents can delay or impede the issuance of the requested visa.
Please click here to fill online application form