A Schengen visa must always be applied at the Embassy of the country of your main destination. If you clearly do not have a main destination and if you are visiting several countries within the journey, you should apply at the Embassy of the country of your first destination. When applying at the Finland Visa Application Centre or at the Finland Embassy, we always have to confirm that Finland is your travel destination.
Please note that if you are not a resident in the United Kingdom you should apply at the country of residence. In countries, where there is not a Finnish Embassy, Finland is represented by another Schengen state.
Visa Code (810/2009/EC) is applied in all Schengen member countries when processing Schengen visas. The Visa Code is a Regulation of the European Parliament and European Council.
Check Visa Types and list of required documentation before completing the Visa Application form.
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in Euros||Visa Fee in GBP|
A service charge of £25.80 (inclusive of VAT) is applicable for every application in addition to the visa fee.
- For children between 6 – 11 years old and Nationals of countries with a visa facilitation agreement with the European Union, Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia – Herzegovina, Cape Verde, Georgia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russian Federation, Serbia and Ukraine, the Schengen visa fee amounts to £ 30.00.
- The applicable visa fee in Pound Sterling (£) is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice. The fee is non-refundable.
The following categories of applicants are exempted of Visa fees only:
- children under 6 years of age
- Family members of EU, EEA and Swiss nationals, who are travelling together, or following, their family member.
- The Special Delivery facility for the return of processed applications is available at a fee of £14.95 (Inclusive of VAT) per application. This is an optional service.
- The SMS facility for updates on your application is available at a fee of £1.95 (Inclusive of VAT) per application. This is an optional service.
- The Visa fees can be paid by cash, credit/debit card or postal orders. Cheque payments and direct bank transfers are not accepted.
All fees are non-refundable if the visa application is withdrawn or the visa is refused
- Color photograph.
The size should be 47 x 36 mm:
- the distance between the top of the head without hair and the bottom of the chin must be 32-36 mm in the photo. (25 – 36 mm children under 11 years).
- The photograph must not be older than 6 months.
- Photograph of a child must correspond to the real age of the child.
- The photograph must correspond to the present appearance of the applicant.
- The photograph must be sharp, clear, of good quality and printed on a photo print paper.
- The head must be straight and the face must be forward facing.
- Headgear, black eyewear etc. are not allowed.
- Eyeglasses can be removed prior to taking the photograph.
- It is not allowed to retouch (photoshop) the photograph.
- The color of the background must be white or light.
- Shadows are not allowed in the photograph.
The visa process at the Finnish Embassy takes 10 working days. We recommend you to apply at least 15 days before the planned trip. Some applications may require further processing. Please note that all applications are processed individually. The Embassy of Finland may request further documentation, information or you may be called for an interview which can prolong the processing time.
The application can be submitted a maximum of three (3) months before the planned travel date.
Please also note that applications submitted in Edinburgh and Manchester need more extra days due courier to London and back
Please click Here to complete the online application form.
Please ensure that you complete the form in full, - please also print, sign and bring with you when attending for your Visa appointment. Handwritten forms will not be accepted.