Short Stay Visa
Short-stay visa allows the holder to move freely throughout the 26 countries of the Schengen Area for stays totalling a maximum of 90 days in each period of six months. These visas may be issued for one entry or for multiple entries and can be valid for up to 5 years – decision made by the Consulate General upon study of your application.
There are three types of fees that can be paid by a visa applicant:
- VFS Global basic service charge must be paid online in order to schedule an appointment. It is not refundable in case you missed your appointment.
- VFS Global additional or optional service charges
- VISA fees paid in cash or credit card at the time of the visa application submission.
Note that Visa and VFS Global fees are not refundable in case the visa is denied.
All applications processed from Al Khobar Visa Application Centre will have be charged of additional 80 SAR due to transportation fees of the applications to and from Riyadh.
|Download Visa Fees List|
|Download VFS Additional Service Fees List|
- Schengen Visa application Form
- List of Travel Insurance for Schengen Countries
- Schengen supporting documents list in Saudi Arabia
For short stay visa, it is mandatory To book an appointment for visa application submission
Average waiting time for an appointment at VFS:
During low season: 1 to 3 days.
During high season (before and during Ramadan): up to 30 days.
Average examination time of applications by the embassy.
For Saudi nationals : 2 to 6 days
According to your nationality, the waiting time for application examination may be longer. For more information, you can contact us at: email@example.com
It is advisable to apply for your visa as far as possible in advance. You may apply within 3 months prior to your intended date of departure or 3 months before the date of expiry of your previous visa of one year or more.
If you had you been previously issued a circulation visa of one year or more, you can apply any time for the renewal of the expired visa, preferably during the low season.