There are two different categories of visas:
- Short stay visa for a stay less than 90 days (Schengen Visa) : file submission mandatorily with appointment at VFS Center
- Long stay Visa for a stay over 90 days (National Visa for Establishment in France) : submission without appointment directly to VFS Centers
Choose the kind of visa application you wish to submit for, and gather all the required documents prior to visiting the Visa Application Center, in order to avoid any delay in the application process.
It is advisable to fill out your visa Application Form (Short Stay, Long Stay) before the submission.
Incomplete, unclear or unsigned applications will not be accepted and the VFS Service charge already paid online will not be refunded.
Applicants can always be requested by the Embassy to come in person to the Embassy for an interview after submission of their applications at the VFS Application Center. The Embassy has the right to ask for any additional supporting documents.
Required documents for any kind of visa:
Some documents are required for whichever visa you apply for:
- A valid passport with at least two adjacent blank pages issued within the previous ten years. (Each applicant is required to have a separate passport. Passports with child endorsements will not be accepted.)
- An application form completely and properly filled out and duly signed.by the applicant himself or by his/her legal guardian (for minors)
- A sufficient number of photographs that fit the requirements (no face cover that prevent to see facial features and no wide smile)
Payment of visa fees
See the specific required documents for each category of visa: short stay visa and long stay visa