The Embassy does not issue bachelorship certificates. However, if the applicant already holds a bachelorship or eligibility of marriage certificate issued by a court of law in India, and apostilled by the Ministry of External Affairs, (Consular Division), Patiala House, New Delhi. Such apostilled documents do not require attestation from this Embassy. The Embassy will attest the seal of the Ministry if it is more than six months old.
Alternatively, for personal affidavits/declarations, the Embassy will merely stamp the paper while not assuming responsibility for its contents. This service can be given only to Indian passport holders.
Your payment allows you to deposit an application. The latter can be accepted, refused or modified by the Embassy of India in its full right. Once fees have been paid, they cannot be refunded, even in a case of an application refusal or cancellation.
Modes of payment
Please refer to the page of the mode of submission that you are planning to use to find the list of accepted modes of payment.
The price of your application is made up of fixed service charges and variable consular charges. Please consult the fees chart below in order to calculate the total amount to pay.
Kindly print the check list which corresponds with the service you wish to apply for and attach it with your application. It must be filled in and signed. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Photographs should be in colour and strictly as per the specifications below.
- Un-mounted - 2 inch x 2 inch in size.
- Face should cover about 70 to 80% of the photo area.
- Frame Subject with Full Face, Front view, Eyes open
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance.
- The photographs must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white background.
- Appropriate brightness and contrast showing your skin tones naturally
- Even lighting (no shadows across or behind the face)
- Face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling and with your mouth closed.
- If you must wear a head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are not obscured.
- Non-tinted prescription glasses are allowed as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that the frame does not cover any part of your eyes. Sunglasses are not acceptable.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- Photograph for Child/babies - The photograph should show the baby or child awake, looking straight at the camera with mouth closed and nothing covering the mouth. It should also show both edges of the face clearly (no toys, blankets, chair backs or other people visible) and no hair across the eyes.
A photo service is available in all of our offices
Kindly note that obtaining consular service documents is not automatic; your application may be accepted, modified or refused by the Embassy of India in its full right.
Applications processed individually
Each application is processed individually by the Embassy of India: as a result processing times may vary between applications that appear to be similar.
Minimum processing times
The company VFS Global Spain SL has no influence over the processing times of a consular services application: these depend essentially on the Embassy of India and to a lesser extent on the postal services (in case you have opted for a return courier service). We are therefore not in a position to guarantee maximum processing times. We are only able to communicate minimum processing times, provided for information purposes only.
|Minimum processing times for a Consular Services application|
|Mode of Submission||Minimum Processing Time|
|In Madrid||Minimum 1 working day but may take longer|
|In Barcelona||Minimum 7 working days but may take longer|
|In Las Palmas||Minimum 7 working days but may take longer|
|By Post||Minimum 7 working days but may take longer|
|The Embassy of India reserves the right to withhold any application submitted for an in-depth examination|
As a private outsourcing partner of the Embassy of India, Madrid, VFS Global Spain SL has no influence over the content of the application forms and are not in a position to modify their content or structure.
Instructions to fill in the application form
- Applicants must fill the form in block capitals
- The form should be signed and dated accordingly
Please note that if the supporting documents provided are not satisfactory, the applicant will be asked to provide more documentary evidence.