Certificate for Transporting Human Ashes/ Human Remains to India
If the next of kin/ relatives/ family members of the deceased wish to transport human ashes/ human remains to India for some religious/customary purpose, the High Commission of India in London or its Consulates in the UK issue a No Objection Certificate (NOC) in this regard.
All the applicants are requested to include the service fee of £7.44 per application while organising their payments.
|S No.||Service Rendered||Fee in GBP||Service Charge in GBP||Total In GBP|
|1||NOC for transporting human ashes/ human remains to India||£19.00||£7.44||£26.44|
Above fee is inclusive of £2.00 Consular Surcharge
Please Note: Fees once tendered are non–refundable.
Preferred mode of payment
- At the application centre by Credit/Debit Card (Except American Express & Diners Card)
- At the application centre in Cash
Other Payment modes
Fees can be paid by Money Order/Postal Order, in favour of ‘’VF Services UK Ltd’’
Other Payment modes
Fees can be paid by Banker’s Draft /Postal Order, in favour of ‘’VF Services UK Ltd’’
*A Surcharge of 1.98% - 2.05% will be applicable on all credit card payments, depends on the type of credit card used.
- Miscellaneous Application Form and Death Registration Form (if the deceased was Indian passport holder) dully filled in and signed by the applicant.
- In case the applicant is Indian passport holder: Valid passport in original and self-attested copies of first two and last two pages of the passport and the page (s) containing passport officer’s observation (s) (if any).
- In case the applicant is foreign passport holder: Valid passport in original and self-attested copies of the passport pages containing personal particulars of the applicant.
- Proof of Residence of the applicant: Any of the following self-attested documents viz. copy of utility bill (landline telephone bill/electricity bill/gas bill/water bill) or Driving License or lease deed (of residence) etc. where the applicant’s UK address is clearly mentioned, should be provided.
- Death Certificate (of the deceased) issued by the relevant local authority in original and its photocopy.
- Original passport of the deceased (for cancellation in case the deceased was Indian passport holder), Original OCI/PIO card (for cancellation if the deceased had obtained any of these cards).
- Cremation Certificate (of the deceased) in original and photocopy
- Certificate from the Funeral Director/ Undertaker confirming that the urn contains ashes/ mortal remains of the deceased person indicating name, age, date, time and cause of death of the deceased. Contents of package must be mentioned in the Certificate from the Funeral Director/ Undertaker.
Processing Time: Minimum, 3 to 5 working days (excluding the date of submission of application and date of dispatch of original and processed documents) subject to the application being complete in all respects.
- Original documents provided will have to be submitted along with the photocopies, the same shall be returned to the applicants once the process is over.
- The above are mandatory requirements. The applicant may be advised to submit some more documents, after scrutiny of the application and documents by the High Commission of India or its respective Consulates, on case to case basis.
Collection of processed documents
Documents once approved & ready will be delivered by Post/Courier only. Applicants are required to provide one Self – addressed; Recorded & Tracked Special Delivery envelope (Silver Royal Mail Envelopes) to return the Passport and other documents, alternately applicants can use the courier service offered at the centre.