- High Commission of India, London and its Consulates in Birmingham and Edinburgh provide the following Miscellaneous Consular Services through VFS operated “Indian Visa & Consular Application Centres” for applicants as per the prescribed procedure for each category. Please read the detailed information provided below pertaining to the service you intend to apply carefully before submitting the application for Consular Services.
- Under Indian law, Persons of Indian Origin (PIO), who have acquired foreign citizenship, are required to surrender their last held Indian passports and obtain Surrender Certificate for Indian Passport, immediately after acquisition of foreign citizenship. In view of this provision, PIO, intending to apply for Consular Services should submit a copy of the Surrender Certificate/Deemed Surrender Certificate/Renunciation Declaration to obtain the required service with prescribed documents. In cases where the PIO applicants for Consular Services have already acquired Indian Visa after acquisition of foreign citizenship or if they have obtained OCI/PIO Card after acquisition of foreign citizenship, they need to submit copy of their Indian Visa page or copy of their OCI/PIO Card (as the case may be) while applying for Consular Services. In short, PIO applying for Consular Services are required to submit EITHER copy of their Surrender Certificate/Deemed Surrender Certificate/Renunciation Declaration OR copy of their Indian Visa page OR copy of their OCI/PIO Card along with their application for Consular Services.
- The High Commission of India, London and its Consulates in Birmingham and Edinburgh reserve the right to reject attestation of documents, the contents of which are objectionable or contrary to the Rules.
- For below-mentioned Consular Services, applicants are required to submit their application in person directly at the Consular Section of the High Commission of India, London or at its respective Consulates viz CGI Birmingham & CGI Edinburgh
- Attestation of Power of Attorney (POA)/ Affidavit (s) relating to civil matters.
- Attestation of Power of Attorney (POA)/ Affidavit (s) relating to property/financial matters.
- Execution of will/gift deed.
- Life certificate for pension purpose or for any other purpose.
- Certificate for transporting dead bodies to India
- Sworn affidavit for issuance of passport to a minor child residing in India.
- Birth registration of children eligible for Indian nationality.
- Solemnization/Registration of marriage under the Foreign Marriage Act, 1969.
For details of submission process of application and other procedure and documentation requirements for the above-mentioned Consular Services, please visit the website of the High Commission of India (https://www.hcilondon.in) or of the Consulate General of India, Birmingham (http://www.cgibirmingham.org) or of the Consulate General of India, Edinburgh (http://www.cgiedinburgh.gov.in) depending upon where the application is to be submitted.
- For below-mentioned Consular Services, applicants are required to submit their application at the VFS application centres in person with prior appointment.
- Attestation of Documents (Birth/Death/Marriage/Educational Certificates etc.)
- Attestation of Commercial Documents/ Company Documents
- Attestation of Documents for Making Application for Allotment of Director Identification Number (DIN)
- Attestation of Documents for Making Application for Allotment of Permanent Account Number (PAN) in respect of UK Based Companies or Individuals
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC)
- NRI Certificate / NRI Parity Certificate
- Attestation of Copy of Indian Passport or any Other Miscellaneous Certificate (s) based on Indian Passport
- Attestation of Sponsorship Letter for Visit of a Person from India to the UK
- Certificate for Transporting Human Ashes/ Human Remains to India.
Please click here to find the offices, where you can submit your application for the above Consular Services.
- Collection Procedure for processed documents
Documents once approved & ready will be delivered by Post/Courier only. Applicants are required to provide one Self – addressed; Recorded & Tracked Special Delivery envelope (Silver Royal Mail Envelopes) to return the Passport and other documents, alternately applicants can use the courier service offered at the centre.