If you wish to visit Malta for a short period of time, you must obtain a visa prior to entry if you come from a country with a visa requirement for entering Malta. Please apply in this category if your purpose is to Marry in Malta.
The Schengen calculator can be used for calculating the travel days remaining under a Schengen short-stay visa according to the 90-days/180-days rule.
The user's guide contains information on the applicable rules, the use of the calculator and practical examples.
Visa Fees applicable are listed in the table below.
|Purpose of Travel||Visa Fee For Citizens of Russia, Ukraine, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia in Rubles (and EUR)||Visa Fee For Other Nationality in Rubles(and EUR)||Visa Fee For Citizens of Belarus in Rubles(and EUR)|
|Marry||2600 RUB (35 €)||4400 RUB (60 €)||2200 RUB (30 €)|
The applicable visa fee in Russian Rubles is as per the current exchange rate.
There is a service charge of 1850/- Rubles (inclusive of VAT) levied per application over and above the visa fees.
The fees are non-refundable.
Visa Fees is waived for the following categories of persons:
- For close relatives - spouses, children (including adopted) parents (including custodians), grandparents and grandchildren-of citizens of the European Union;
- For members of official delegations who, following an official invitation addressed to the Member States, the European Union or the Russian Federation, shall participate in meetings, consultations, negotiations or exchange programmes, as well as in events held in the territory of the Russian Federation or one of the Member States by intergovernmental organisations;
- Members of national and regional Governments and Parliaments, Constitutional Courts and Supreme Courts, if they are not exempted from the visa requirement by the present Agreement;
- Pupils, full-time course students, post-graduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purpose of study or educational training;
Disabled persons and the person accompanying them, if necessary;
Children under 12 years old;
- Persons who have presented documents proving the necessity of their travel on humanitarian grounds, including to receive urgent medical treatment and the person accompanying such person, or to attend a funeral of a close relative, or to visit a close relative seriously ill;
- Participants in youth international sports events and persons accompanying them;
- Persons participating in scientific, cultural and artistic activities including university and other exchange programmes;
- Participants in official exchange programmes organised by twin cities.
- Dear applicants, please pay attention to the fact that presence of children from 6 up to 12 years old at submission counters is mandatory!
One (1) completed and signed visa application form duly filled in English.
If you can’t prepare the Visa Application form by yourself, our officers can fill the Visa application form for you.
Valid passport with validity of at least three (3) months after expiry of the visa and should contain at least 2 blank pages.
One (1) photocopy of passport. Optional. (Empty pages don’t need to be photocopied) .
You can use photocopying or printing service in our visa application center.
Two recent color passport-size photographs, size 3.5 x 4.5 cm, bearing a true likeness of the applicant on white background.
Due to the stringent requirements around the Photo required for your application, we recommend you utilize the photo services available inside the Visa Application Center. This will provide you assurance that your application is submitted with the photograph that meets the specifications and will be acceptable to the Embassy. You will have ready photographs in 45 seconds.
The cost of the service is 300 RUB for 6 photographs.
How to book:
This service can be booked at the visa application centre upon your arrival.
- Hotel Confirmation/s for the whole journey within the Schengen Countries. If staying with host family, a written confirmation from the host family declaring the commitment to accommodate throughout the duration of the journey. The applicants who are going to stay in Malta in rented apartment(s) need to submit leasing certificate and leasing payment receipt.”
- Confirmed travel reservation (flight, ferry, etc).
- Proof of a valid travel insurance policy, either individual or group, with a minimum cover of 30,000 Euro for the Schengen area: original + copy. The applicants are offered multiple options of insurance companies at the visa application center.
- Statement from Fiancé/eé indicating intentions to marry. Copy of ID card or Passport if Fiancé/eé is Maltese or EU (EEA, Swiss) National.
- Copy of his/her Registration Certification if Fiancé/eé is an EU (EEA, Swiss) National. If a Third Country national, a copy of his/her residence permit
- Proof of accommodation, if Fiancé/eé is a Third Country national
- Statement from Fiancé/eé declaring commitment to take full financial responsibility until such that that marriage is registered in Malta
- Copy of the internal passport: pages concerning the applicant's biodata and registration in Russia.
- Power of attorney if not attending in person.
|Agreement on processing personal data (if applying at the Visa Center)|
|Additional documents (if required).|
- The photograph for each visa applicant must be an un-mounted, full face photo, colour photo as described below
- The photograph must have been taken within the last six months.
- Two photographs must be submitted.
The photo for each visa applicant submitted must measure:
- 35 mm x 45 mm with the head centered in the frame.
- The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure about 30 mm
- The photograph must be a full-face front view in which the visa applicant is facing the camera directly.
- The face should cover about 70-80 percent of the photo area.
- The photograph MUST be in colour and have only a white or light background. Photos with dark, busy, or patterned backgrounds will not be accepted
- In general, the applicant's head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin on top and bottom and from hairline side-to-side. It is preferable that ears be exposed
- Sunglasses or other wear, which detracts from the face, are not acceptable unless required for medical reasons (an eye patch, for example).
- A photograph depicting a person wearing a traditional facemask or veil that does not permit adequate identification is not acceptable.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete.
Processing time 15 days excluding the time of delivery of passport s from regional visa cetnres to Consulate in Moscow. In case an application needs to be referred to The Maltese Immigration Service, processing time will be a minimum of six weeks. Processing time for applications accepted at regional visa centres increases for the time required for delivery of passports to Moscow and back from Moscow to the regional visa centre.
Processed passports can be collected from The Malta Visa Service Centre between 11:00 -16:00.
This page hosts the form required for your Visa Application. Please click on the relevant form to download your visa application form.
|Visa Application Form|
|Visa Application Form Sample|
Attention! For a child inserted into a parent’s passport a separate Visa Application Form is filled.
- Number of pages: 4
- The form must be printed back-to-back
- You can also obtain this form from the visa section of The Embassy of Malta, Moscow or from The Malta Visa Application Centre.
To Download a Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.