Application for a dutch passport and ID card
UK - Pilot applying for a Dutch passport in Edinburgh extended:
On 5 September 2016 the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs has started a pilot enabling Dutch nationals to renew a Dutch passport or identity card at the VFS Global office in Edinburgh. As the pilot has proven successful so far, the pilot will be extended. As of 17 July 2017, the VFS Global Office in Edinburgh accepts both applications for renewals, as well as first applications for a Dutch passport or identity card. As of this date, you can also apply for a new Dutch passport or identity card if your previously issued Dutch travel document is lost or stolen. The applications will be forwarded to the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs for assessment.
You can make an appointment online: Click here
It is also possible to make an appointment by telephone by calling 0871 376 0023 (costs are 6 pence per minute besides the standard telephone rates). Families wishing to book a group appointment for Dutch Passports & ID Card can only send an appointment request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Please state the full name of each applicant, date of birth and type of category for each applicant.
For more information:
Please note that the VFS Global Office in Edinburgh offers an additional optional service for Dutch nationals to apply for a Dutch Passport or Identity Card in Edinburgh. VFS charges an extra service fee for this service, to be paid by the applicant.
- For the official fees charged by the Dutch government for the processing of your application, click here.
- VFS charges an additional service fee of GBP 24,- (inclusive of VAT) per application.
- All fees can be paid by Credit/Debit card or Postal Orders in the name of “Netherlands Visa Application Centre”
- Cash, Cheque payments and direct bank transfers are not accepted.
- All fees are non-refundable.
ADDITIONAL FEES FOR OPTIONAL SERVICES
- An optional Special Delivery facility for the return of passports is available at an
additional service fee of GBP 14,95 (inclusive of VAT) per application.
Royal Mail envelopes are not accepted.
- An optional SMS facility for updates on your application is available at an additional fee of GBP 1,95 (inclusive of VAT) per application.
At your appointment, you are required to submit the following:
- A fully completed and signed passport application form.
Complete the form online (this site is in Dutch) and print it out.
Or print the form (PDF, 222 KB) (in Dutch) and complete it in pen.
An English translation of this form is available, use this document as a guide to fill in your
Dutch application form.
- A passport photo.
To ascertain the photo specifications for a Dutch travel document, please click here.
- The supporting documents mentioned in the checklist for your type of application.
To ascertain the documents required, please click here.
Please carefully select the applicable checklist of the document(s) you wish to apply for.
You are required to submit the original documents and a complete set of photocopies.
It takes an average of three weeks to process an application. You may be asked to provide additional documents once you have submitted your application. In that case, processing may take four to eight weeks.
Please click Here to track your application.
To download the passport application form (only available in Dutch) please click here.
Click here for the English guide of the passport application form.
To download the required photo specifications, click here.
For a complete overview of the required documents for the type of document you wish to apply for, click here