Visiting Family and Friends Visa
Applicants traveling to Netherlands to visit friends/ family may apply for this visa.
Applicants applying at the Netherland Visa Application Centre shall be levied a service charge of OMR 11.300 (Euro 27) payable in cash and the Schengen Visa fee mentioned as below:
|Schengen Visa, normal visa (above 11 years)||60||28.10|
|Schengen Visa, low tariff (minors 6 - 11 years)||35||16.40|
|Schengen Visa (below 6 years)||Gratis||Gratis|
|Schengenvisa, low tariff: Visumfacilitation
Nationals from Bosnia-Herzegovina*, Georgia, Kosovo, FYROM (Macedonia)*, Moldova, Montenegro*, Russia, Serbia* and Ukraine.
Nationals from Armenia* and Azerbaijan above 12 years old.
|Caribbean Visa (max. 30 days)||35||16.40|
- children under six years of age
- Nationals from Armenia* and Azerbaijan under 12 years old
- pupils, students, graduates and accompanying teachers who are travelling for educational purposes
- scientific researchers if invited by scientific institutions
- The spouse, registered partner and children below 21 years of age as well as other dependent direct family members (children or parents from applicant or partner) of non-Dutch EU/EER Nationals travelling to or residing in another member state than that of which he/she is a national
- Representatives of non-profit organizations aged 25 or less, participating in seminars, conferences, sports, or cultural or educational events
- work-related visa for applicants employed by Dutch based International Organizations (OPCW/Intern. Tribunal, Unesco/ IHE/ ITC/ International Criminal Court (ICC)) and their family members who form permanently part of the household.
* The European Union has concluded visa facilitation agreements with these countries.
Adult nationals of Albania, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Montenegro are exempt from the visa requirement, provided that they hold a valid passport containing biometric data (fingerprints and facial image).
The Visa fees can be paid by Cash only. It is subject to change without notice. The fee is non-refundable.
The following categories do not have to pay the Schengen visa application fee:
Please note that satisfactory proof must be submitted to establish that one of the above exemptions applies.
The visa application fee is fixed in Euros but payable in local currency. The exchange rate between these currencies is decided by the Government of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and is updated periodically.
|ADDITIONAL SERVICE||AMOUNT IN OMR|
|Courier Delivery of the passport||OMR – 6.000 per application|
|SMS Service||OMR – 0.800 per application|
|Photocopy||OMR – 0.200 (per page)|
|Premium Lounge||OMR – 16.00 per application|
Premium Lounge Service
The Premium service is available for those customers who wish to experience a dedicated service with personal touch and enhanced customer service; this service will guarantee you one-to-one attention with a dedicated member of staff. This service provides the following amenities for fee of OMR 16 per application
- A separate premium service lounge
- Stylish surroundings with refreshments
- Complimentary photocopying of documents
- Quicker submission of your application
- Complimentary SMS alert on the progress of your application. Click here for the disclaimer
- Complimentary courier return of your passport once the application is processed
To opt for this service, you can walk-in without appointment ,Please note that the Premium Lounge is open for walk-in applicants from 8:30 to 12:00 , and operates on a first come, first served basis. If you decide to use the Premium Lounge services, and your application is not taken in, you can leave your full details at the reception desk and we will contact you.
Please note that this service does not affect or guarantee a faster turnaround time for the processing time of the visa application by the Consulate.
All optional services are non-refundable.
VISA Fee Exemption:
The following pay no fee:
- Children under six years of age.
- School pupils, students, research students and accompanying teachers on study or training trips.
- Third-country researchers travelling for the purpose of pursuing scientific research.
- Representatives of non-governmental organizations who are aged 25 or under, who take part in seminars, conferences, sports events, cultural events or educational events organized by NGOs.
- No more than 6-months old
- 35-40mm in width
- Close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70 -80% of the photograph
- In sharp focus and clear
- Of high quality with no ink marks or creases
The photographs must be:
The legal processing time for a Schengen visa is 15 calendar days. Please note that your passport will be kept during the visa application process.
Please Note: - Your Documents will be sent for Evaluation to the Consulaire Service Organisatie (CSO) in The Netherlands
The Visa processing time is approximately 15 days from the date of submission of the application. However in certain cases, it may take longer and we are unable to advice when the passport will be received as the processing of the visa application is at the sole discretion of the Consulaire Service Organisatie (CSO) in The Netherlands
Please be advised that due to the above mentioned minimum processing time, we are not able to guarantee the return of passports by specific dates for travel.
Please be sure to submit your visa application well in advance, to avoid any inconveniences.