- All the contents of this website are only for general information or use. They do not constitute advice and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision. The information from or through this website is provided on "AS IS" basis, and all representations and warranties, expressed or implied, of any kind, in relation to this website and/or regarding any matter pertaining to any information including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement are disclaimed and excluded.
- VFS GCC LLC (hereinafter referred to as “VFS Global”) is an outsource partner of the Embassy of Netherland in Jordan (hereinafter the “Embassy”). In this capacity, VFS Global merely performs administrative and non-judgemental tasks like receiving from the applicants applying for a Netherland visa (hereinafter the “Visa”) to VFS Global (hereinafter the “Applicants”), the required documents as mandated by the Embassy and applicable fees for processing of their application (s) by the Embassy. After the visa applications are assessed by the Embassy, VFS Global also handles the return of documents (such as Passports and other documents) to the Applicant, by hand delivery or by courier to the address provided by the Applicants, except where the Embassy elects to return such documents directly to an Applicant.
- VFS Global hereby declares that it has no role whatsoever in the assessment of a visa application, as the same is processed by and whether to grant visa as applied for or not is the sole prerogative of the Embassy. Therefore, VFS Global will not in any manner be liable or responsible for rejection of any visa applications or any delay in the processing.
- VFS Global charges a service fee for application acceptance at the Visa application centre. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT THE VISA FEE. The Applicants are also required to pay Visa Fees in respect of the Visa Applications submitted by them at the Visa Application Centre. Note that VFS Global collects the same on behalf of the Embassy and remits entire Visa Fees amount to the Embassy as per the requirement.
- Applicants are allowed to reschedule their appointment three (3) times during the entire application process.
- Advertising material may accompany documents returned back to the Applicant (e.g. Passports). If the Applicant does not wish to receive such advertising material, the Applicant must intimate VFS Global in advance. Applicants are requested to note that these advertising materials are not endorsed by the Embassy of Netherland. Applicants shall exercise discretion while purchasing any products/ services promoted in the advertising materials and VFS Global and/or Embassy of Netherland will not be liable or responsible for any loss, harm, injury or claims arising therefrom.
- Whilst VFS Global takes every reasonable precaution while handling the documents of Applicants, VFS Global shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever to the Applicant for any loss, destruction or damage to the documents for any reason whatsoever or in any manner whatsoever. VFS Global shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever for any documents lost in transit by accident, theft, natural calamities (act of god) or any other reason outside the control of, or not arising out of a wilful default of VFS Global and also if documents are handed over directly to the Applicant by the Embassy. The Applicant agrees and accepts that the courier acceptance and delivery service through which the documents are returned to the Applicants by VFS Global is operated by independent third-party. VFS Global does not control or operate any courier company, neither does it control or operate any facility or service provided by the courier company. It is hereby clarified that the courier services are arranged only on the request of the Applicant/s and the Applicants agrees not to hold VFS Global responsible for any liabilities, claims, damages or other consequences including expenses arising out of any loss, temporary misplacement of the document/s, delay or damage to the document/s. VFS Global disclaims any and all liability for any loss or damage caused to the Applicant in the event that his/her documents are delayed/ misplaced/ lost/ damaged by the courier company, whether such delay/ misplacement/ loss/ damage result from negligence, accident or any other cause. In no event shall VFS Global and/or its representatives be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages whatsoever due to such delay/ misplacement/ loss/ damage of the documents, including the Applicant’s passport, Visa etc. Applicants remedy, if any will be only against the courier company and the Applicant/s consents to the same.
- VFS Global, its parent company, affiliates and associates shall not be liable, at any time for damages (including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages for loss of damages for loss of business projects, or loss of profits) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use this website, or any of its contents, or from any act or omission arising from using the website contents or for any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of information contained on this website. No representations, warranties or guarantees whatsoever are made as to the accuracy, adequacy, reliability, completeness, suitability or applicability of the information to a particular situation.
- Certain links on the website may lead to resources located on servers or networks maintained/ operated by third parties over whom VFS Global has no control or connection, business or otherwise as these websites are external to VFS Global. The user (including the Applicant) agree, acknowledge, understand and accept that by clicking such web links/hyperlinks to the third party /external websites, user (including the Applicant) is leaving the secured website of VFS Global and thereby its policies, terms and conditions and the disclaimers will cease once user (including the Applicant) leaves the VFS Global website. By providing the web links or hyperlink to such external/third party websites, VFS Global and/or its representatives shall not be deemed to be providing these services nor be deemed to endorse, recommend, approve, guarantee or introduce the third party or the services/products that they provide, nor offers any judgment or warranty. Such third party/ external websites are governed by their respective policies and VFS Global has no role to play in that. Users are requested to exercise their discretion while using/ interacting with these third party websites and VFS Global and/or its representative accepts no responsibility or liability for the authenticity/availability of any of the information or for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damage, loss, cost, charges or harm arising out of or in connection with the access to such third party links/hyperlink by user (including the Applicant) , or for any deficiencies of the services therein or any failure in the provision of service by such third party thereby or for any violation of local or international laws that may be incurred by user’s visit and/or transaction/s on these third party /external websites.
- By utilizing the services of VFS Global for processing of visa applications, the Applicants irrevocably authorize and permit VFS Global as it deems fit to disclose and furnish to the Netherlands relevant authorities both inside and outside Oman, information concerning the application which the Applicants have provided to VFS Global for purposes of processing the Visa application. The Applicants provide their consent to allow VFS Global to capture audio signals / video images at the visa application centre (s).
- The Applicants further authorize VFS Global to disclose to the Netherlands Authorities, information provided by them without the need for prior consent or approval or notification in any manner whatsoever.
- VFS Global may in its sole discretion, change, amend, cancel or withdraw any or all of the terms and conditions mentioned herein at any time without any prior notice. Except as stated elsewhere, all amended terms and conditions shall automatically be effective as at the time of accessing the website.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall benefit or be enforceable by any person other than the Applicant.
- These terms and conditions as contained on this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Oman. Any claims or disputes arising in relation to the services provided by VFS Global to the Applicant shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the competent courts in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman.
- The Applicant hereby accepts and confirms that the Applicant and/or his/her representative, prior to submitting the Visa application, has read, understood and agreed to be bound by, without limitation or qualification, all of the terms, conditions and details provided herein.
- Your rights in relation to the Schengen Information System – Schengen and your Personal Information.
Purpose of collection, use, disclosure etc. of Personal Information
Applicants may be required to provide certain information pertaining to them such as name, photograph, address, date of birth, telephone number, passport information, birth certificate, income, citizenship status, marital status, employment details, criminal and educational background information etc. This information is collected as per the requirement mandated by the concerned Diplomatic Missions / Governments and/ or relevant Visa Offices.
Such personal information may be collected, used or disclosed in order to facilitate the processing of visa application(s) and/or request(s) including but not limited to for the following purposes:
- Process applications received for requests for various categories of visa, permit and travel documents etc. and perform various tasks/ functions related thereto;
- Respond to various inquiries on the visa application submission process in general.
- Respond to various inquiries regarding status of application made with VFS GLOBAL;
- Provide/ offer any other services as per requirements of the respective Governments /Diplomatic Missions.
Provision of personal information is voluntary. Please note, however, that a refusal to provide personal information may limit or affect ability of VFS GLOBAL to provide the requested services.
As mandated by the Diplomatic Mission/s, VFS GLOBAL may (by itself of through third party service providers/ vendors) provide various facilities for inquiries related visa application process in general and/ or status of visa applications submitted through VFS GLOBAL such as call center, online tracking, e-mail etc.
- Inquiry about general visa application process:
Users making inquiries as regards visa application process in general, need not provide any personal information.
- Inquiry about status of submitted visa application/s:
Users making inquiries as regards status of visa application submitted through VFS GLOBAL can quote application reference number to receive an update on the status of their visa, permit or travel document applications.
- The users may be requested to provide personal information such as given name or family name or date of birth or phone number or street address or email address or application date etc. or combination of such information for verification/ authentication purposes.
- Users making inquiries as regards visa application process however should not ask or reveal the passport number or personal information while interacting via email with VFS GLOBAL and/or its third party service providers/ vendors. Instead use of application reference number is recommended. VFS GLOBAL shall not be obliged to respond to e-mails containing personal information. In case any personal information is disclosed, the same shall be at the sole risk of the Users/ applicants and VFS GLOBAL will not be in any manner responsible for any events of misuse etc.
For the quality control purposes the interaction/s with user/s may be recorded. In such cases the user/s will be informed of this practice and purpose at the start of any such interaction. Unless a different requirement is mandated by the respective Diplomatic Mission/s, such recordings will be purged after a period of 30 days from the date of such interaction/s.
Certain Diplomatic Missions may require the Applicant’s to attend for personal interview. Applicants will be required to provide their application reference number and/or certain personal information such as family name, given name, date of birth, phone number, street address, email address, application date, and passport number for purpose of scheduling interviews.
All such information, posted, furnished and submitted by the Applicants while scheduling an interview appointment is converted into such formats as may be required and communicated to the respective Diplomatic Mission having jurisdiction to receive such application/s.
Certain data and information related to visa applications received by VFS GLOBAL is presently stored/ hosted at data centre/s in UK (London). The data captured by VFS Global in its systems for processing of visa applications of applicants from European Union is stored within the European Union (EU) boundary. The data of applicants other than that from EU may be stored in VFS Global systems either within the EU boundary at data center in UK (London).
This information may be used, disclosed by VFS GLOBAL for performing its various obligations towards respective Diplomatic Missions and will be purged within 30 (thirty) days from the date of receipt by VFS GLOBAL. However no information/ data containing Personal Information of the Applicant/s is stored at the data centre/s mentioned above.
Disclosures of Personal Information:
VFS GLOBAL will not trade, rent or sell personal information of the Applicants. VFS GLOBAL does disclose or otherwise transfer Personal Information of the Applicants, except as otherwise set out herein. Personal Information will be used only for the purposes of providing services and performing its various obligations.
However VFS GLOBAL may need to disclose and share Personal Information when it is necessary to comply with a court order, any on-going judicial proceeding, or other legal, statutory or regulatory process served on VFS GLOBAL or to exercise the legal rights or defend against legal claims, criminal investigations, judicial matters or in prevention, investigation, detection, prosecution of criminal activities or matters related to national security.
Service Provider Arrangements:
VFS GLOBAL may disclose (or otherwise make available) personal information to third party service providers providing services like courier delivery, SMS, call center services. These third party service providers are provided with such information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own purposes. For example, where the visa applicant has opted for courier service, VFS GLOBAL will disclose certain Personal data such as name, address, phone number to the third party courier service providers. However personal information will not be shared with service provider/s for SMS service/s. Such third party service providers are also required to adhere to security & privacy requirements as outlined by VFS GLOBAL.
- The cookies help website users and maintain their signed-in status.
- Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from website user’s hard drive at the end of a session when the applicant/user exits the website. However “Persistent cookies” remain in place across multiple visits to our websites.
- Applicant/ website user may encounter cookies from any links of third parties on certain pages of the website that VFS GLOBAL does not control.
- VFS GLOBAL does not tolerate spam.
- VFS GLOBAL website/s or communication tools shall not be used to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate the terms and conditions of VFS GLOBAL user agreement.
- VFS GLOBAL filters and automatically scans messages for viruses and other illegal or prohibited content before they are sent.
- To report any issues related to spam or spoof emails to VFS GLOBAL, please address e-mails to email@example.com.
- VFS GLOBAL does not permanently store email messages sent to or by it through various formats. VFS GLOBAL does not rent or sell any email addresses to third parties.
- A user/users is/are not licensed, permitted, expected to add, modify, deface, hack, misuse or abuse VFS GLOBAL’ website or the contents therein.
VFS GLOBAL has implemented measures designed to help protect personal information in its custody and control. VFS GLOBAL maintains reasonable administrative, technical, physical and organizational safeguards in an effort to protect personal information in its custody and control. However VFS GLOBAL shall not be liable for unlawful access, use, modification, destruction, destruction or interceptions by unauthorized persons.
Retention & Destruction of Personal Information:
Application packages collected from Applicants will not be copied or retained by VFS GLOBAL. Unless otherwise mandated by the concerned Diplomatic Mission, any other paper, hard copies, forms or other records containing personal information will be destroyed by a secure shredding process within thirty (30) days of a passport’s return to an applicant.
For the purposes of assisting the Applicants should they contact VFS GLOBAL with follow-up queries, Applicant personal information may be retained in electronic form, after passport and/or documents have been returned to the Applicants, for a maximum of thirty (30) days or for such period as specified by the respective Governments/ Diplomatic Missions.
VFS GLOBAL performs secure disposal or destruction of personal information on the equipment or devices used for storing personal information. When disposing of equipment or devices used for storing personal information (such as filing cabinets, computers, diskettes, and audio tapes), VFS GLOBAL takes appropriate measures such as to removal or deletion of any stored information to prevent access by unauthorized parties.
VFS GLOBAL and its third party service providers/ vendors may provide personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry pursuant to contravention of law / order or to an investigative body or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law VFS GLOBAL may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or a defense of legal claims, or as otherwise permitted by law.
Third Party Links
VFS GLOBAL website may contain links to other/ third party sites promoting various products and/or services that VFS GLOBAL does not own or operate. These links to websites are in nature of paid advertising are not verified by VFS GLOBAL. These links are provided for convenience access to these links is voluntary and does not indicate that VFS GLOBAL endorses or is associated with any of these other third party websites. Users are requested to use their own discretion which dealing with these websites and neither VFS GLOBAL nor its officers, employees, agents shall have any responsibility or liability of any nature whatsoever for these other third party websites or any information contained in them.
To Personal Information
Applicant/s have right to their personal information provided by them. Users may request access to their personal information by writing an email to the Info email ID mentioned on the “Contact Us” page with subject line as “Subject Access Request”. This request will be forwarded to the respective Governments/ Diplomatic Missions since they are the data controllers and further action will be taken by VFS GLOBAL based on the directions received by the respective Governments/ Diplomatic Missions.
VFS GLOBAL shall not be responsible to ascertain authenticity or accuracy of the information provided by the Applicant. It shall be the duty of the Applicant to ensure that the information provided to VFS GLOBAL is accurate, complete and upto date.
Beware of fraudulent job offers
Fraudulent Recruitment / Employment Offers
It has come to VFS Global’s attention that, individuals misrepresenting themselves as VFS Global’ agents or representatives have approached people to offer fraudulent/fictitious employment opportunities, with the intent to steal personal information or solicit money from people. We encourage you to exercise caution and common sense when receiving any such employment offer, which requires payment of any fees/money, or promises a work visa in exchange for money. The said offers are completely fake and not valid. VFS Global is not a Recruitment agency and does not offer recruitment services. Scammers operate primarily via the internet, email, phone etc. We warn people to beware of such scams.
Please be advised that, VFS Global is a visa processing company and we work only with government and diplomatic missions to fulfil their administrative requirements of visa application processing. Neither VFS Global nor its representatives will ask for money from individuals under any circumstances to lure them with employment opportunities either in VFS Global or outside. If you receive any offer that purports to be from VFS Global, which ask for money, these types of offers are fraudulent.
Warning signs of recruitment fraud
The following are some examples of recruitment fraud which are in violation of VFS Global’s processes and ethical practices:
- The email is not sent from an official VFS Global e-mail address but from a free e-mail service such as: Hotmail, Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, etc. It is also possible that, the email is sent from a fake email address.
- You are asked to disclose private or confidential information.
- You are asked to be interviewed over the phone or via an instant-messenger type program.
- You are requested to pay fees/money.
- You are requested to complete bogus recruitment documentations such as an application or employment visa forms, (the VFS Global name and logo could be forged/fabricated and featured on the documentation without authority).
- Insistence on urgency.
- Money will be requested for processing Work Permits, Visa applications or the like.
Such actions are presumably intended to defraud or obtain personal information from the victims.
The activities of these individuals involve criminal and civil liabilities. While VFS Global takes such matter seriously and reserves its right to contact competent law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute such illegal activities, it is often difficult to locate and prosecute these individuals.
Therefore, if you receive a request, either in writing or verbally, for an interview or a job offer that you believe is or might be fraudulent or suspicious, please disregard them. You may also verify the same with VFS Global at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you come to know that a fraud is being perpetrated, we encourage to forthwith contact your local police and/or any competent authorities and also to keep us informed by reporting the fraud at email@example.com
Under no circumstances will VFS Global be liable or responsible for any loss, damages, expenses or inconvenience resulting from these unauthorized persons and/or activities.