Schengen Visa (C type / Short Stay)
If you are planning to stay in Poland territory or in the territory of all Schengen countries for up to 90 days (for one or more entries) for a period of 180 days, counted from the date of the first entry, or travel throughout the Schengen area to transit (train, car, airplane), you should apply for a Schengen visa С.
A Single Schengen visa (valid in the territory of the Schengen countries) gives the right to stay in the territory of all Schengen countries.
A Schengen visa with limited territorial validity (valid only in Poland or in the territory of the Schengen zone, but with the exception of one or more Schengen countries).
To the States of the Schengen agreement are: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
The applicant can submit the documents not earlier than three months prior to the intended travel.
The main legislative acts for the adoption of the decisions, connected with the consideration of visa applications, is the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EC) № 810/2009 of 13 July 2009 establishing the EU Visa Agreement and the Agreement between the European Community and Ukraine and Agreement between the European Union and Ukraine amending the Agreement between the European Community and Ukraine on the facilitation of the issuance of visas.
Please be informed that in accordance to the article 5 of the EU Visa Agreement:
- By the state-member, the competent to consider the petition for granting of a visa and take the solution is:
- the member state whose territory is the only destination of travel (trips);
- if the journey involves multiple destinations, - the member state, territory which is the main destination of the trip (trip) from the point of view of the length or purpose of stay, or
- if the main destination cannot be determined, the member state, through the external border of which the applicant intends to carry out the entrance to the territory the state-member.
- A state-member which is competent to consider the petition for granting of a uniform visa for transit purposes and to make a decision, is:
- in case of transit through the territory of only one member state - the corresponding state-member, or
- in case of transit through the territory of several member States - a state-member, through the external border of which the applicant intends to start transit.
- A state-member which is competent to consider the petition for granting of a visa for transit through the airport and take the solution is:
- in case of transit through only one airport to the state-member in whose territory the transit airport is situated, or
- in case of transit through two or more airports - state-member on whose territory is located the first transit airport.
Please be informed that bilateral agreements on the facilitation of the visa regime applied in respect of the following States: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro,the Russian Federation and Serbia.
Applicants are expected to visit the Application Centre themselves to submit their application. If application for some reason cannot be submitted by the applicant him/herself, it may be submitted by parents for children below 12 (in case birth certificate is provided).
TRAVEL INSURANCE :
All the applicants applying for a visa to Poland need to provide Travel Insurance that meets following requirements:
- insurance coverage should be minimum € 30,000 and valid in all EU countries (insurance covers all expenses that may arise during stay in this territory due to the need to travel back for medical reasons, the need for urgent medical care, emergency hospital treatment or death.
- franchise not more than 150 € (0 or 50 €).
- Insurance should contain: personal data of the applicant purchased insurance or number of insurance policy, address, international passport number and date of birth.
- Insurance policy should be provided with a bank payment receipt containing information about personal data of the applicant or insurance number.
- The insurance coverage is expected to include: Urgent medical treatment, Emergency admission to hospital, Repatriation.
- Medical Insurance have to contain information: “Medical Insurance is provided in according to the Decision of EU Council 2004/17/EG Common Manual as regards inclusion of the requirement to be in possession of travel medical insurance as one of the supporting documents for the grant of a uniform entry visa”.
- In case applying for single entry visa – insurance should cover all days of intended stay. In case of applying for multi entry visa – insurance can cover first entry period.
- In case applying for a visa for work in Poland on base of invitation “Oświadczenie” it is required to provide insurance covering all 180 days of stay in Poland.
- Medical insurance must be printed it cannot be filled by hand.
- Purchasing of an insurance certificate issued by an insurance company, which is not belong to the financial capital group of one of the insurers established in EU Member States, may result in the necessity to provide additional documents confirming the credibility of the insurer.
Click here for a list of Insurance companies registered and approved by EU
INFORMATION FOR THE CLOSE RELATIVES OF EU CITIZENS
This procedure applies to persons traveling to EU member state different than the Member State whose nationality has a family member or resident in that Member State.
The visa application is free. Family members of an EU / Switzerland can apply directly to the Consulate of Poland in Ukraine and the Consular Section of the Polish Embassy in Kiev without the registration (from 9.00-12.00).
- EU citizen is a national of a Member State, a national of a Member State of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) - Parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein), a citizen of Switzerland.
- A family member of the EU are:
- husband / wife
- partner with whom the EU citizen has contracted Partnership, under the law of the Member State if the law of the host Member State recognizes the equivalence between registered partnerships and marriage
- a child under 21 who is dependent on the EU citizen or husband / wife or partner
- fathers who are dependent on the EU citizen or husband / wife or partner
- For visa application should submit the following documents:
- printed and signed application form filled in on an electronic page: http://www.e-konsulat.gov.pl) and paper photo
- valid passport
- documents proving kinship described in para. 2
- document confirming support or join the EU citizen (eg, a written statement from an EU citizen).
- The refusal of a visa:
In issuing prophetic may be refused in the following cases:
- inviting person listed in the list of foreigners whose stay in Poland is undesirable or stay of the person in Poland may pose a threat to national defense or national security or of public order and public security or public health.
- The decision to refuse the visa is taken administratively. Appeal against a decision to refuse directed to the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Condition of 14 July 2006 on the territory of Poland entry, stay and departure from the territory of the individuals who have the citizenship of Member States and their families, which is used in accordance with Directive 2004/38 of the European Parliament i of the Council of 29 April 2006 p, in the case of rights of citizens of the Union and their families to free movement in the territory of the Member states.