Standard private visas are issued to citizens of Turkey, other states and stateless persons entering the Russian Federation as guests on the basis of:
- Invitation from the Federal Russian Migration Service (FMS of Russia) at the request of a citizen of the Russian Federation or a foreign national who has obtained residency in the Russian Federation, or a legal entity;
- Written letter of request from a Russian citizen, addressed to the head of the Consular section about the issue of a visa, for entry into Russia together with his or her family members, who are foreign nationals (This type of application takes at least 7 working days)
- Notarized written request from a citizen of the European Union, legally residing on the Territory of the Russian Federation and inviting close relatives.
Ordinary private visas may also be issued to foreign nationals if they need to enter the Russian Federation for emergency treatment or following the serious illness or death of a close relative, provided that the citizen has confirmation in writing of the need for emergency treatment, or of the serious illness or death of a close relative.
Private visas are issued for a period of up to 90 days and may be either single-entry or double-entry.
For citizens of Turkey and the European Union
|Duration||Consular fees||Service fees
|up to 10 business days||70 USD||35 USD|
|up to 3 business days||140 USD||35 USD|
|up to 10 business days||112 USD||35 USD|
|up to 3 business days||224 USD||35 USD|
|Up to 10 business days||210 USD||35 USD|
|Up to 3 business days||420 USD||35 USD|
According to the Agreement between the Russian Federation and the European Community on the facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the Russian Federation and the European Union, in some cases, depending on the category of applicant and the purpose of travel, you can be exempted from paying the consular fee for the processing of humanitarian visa.
Note - if you are a stateless person or not a citizen of Turkey, please, find out about your visa fees by contacting our Call-Centre operators at the Russian Visa Application Centre.
Visa fees and processing time for citizens of other countries and stateless persons are calculated according to the “Tariff for consular fees, charged by Consular institutions of the Russian Federation”.
Note - before submitting documents for transfer or restoration of visa, please, contact our Call-Centre operators at the Russian Visa Application Centre in order to find out about the procedure, list of necessary documents and the processing time.
In order to apply for standard single-entry or double-entry Private visas, you must provide:
- An invitation to enter the Russian Federation issued by the Federal Migration Service of the Russian Federation; or
- A written application from a citizen of the Russian Federation made out to the director of the consulate regarding their joint entry into the Russian Federation with members of their family, spouse or children who are minors or foreign nationals;
A notarized, legal written request from a Turkish residing in the Russian Federation inviting their close relatives - spouse, children, parents or grandparents, grandchildren. The legality of the stay of the person issuing the invitation must be confirmed by the documents attached showing the person's status, such as a residency permit;
Proof of degree of kinship can be in the form of relevant certificates, issued by the Civil Registry Office, or similar documents, having the same purpose issued in foreign countries. In case of requests from Grandparents or grandchildren copies of 2 relevant certificates, issued by the Civil Registry Office or similar documents having the same purpose, issued in foreign countries, which confirm degree of kinship between the mentioned persons.
- Original passport containing at least 2 blank pages for visas, valid for a period of 6 months after the visa expires;
- Online application form completed on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed in person by the applicant; (When selecting the location where you are going to submit your documents, you must state the Visa Centre where you intend to submit your documents)
- Colour Photograph - please see Photo Specifications page above.
İnsurance for Turkish citizens is not mandatory but recommended.
Original and copy of a valid Turkey residence permit (not required if you are nationals of the USA and Lichtenstein);
For applicants with a written invitation from a citizen of the Russian Federation indicating that other members of his/her family are going to accompany him/her to the Russian Federation, it is necessary to provide the following additional documents: national passport of a citizen of the Russian Federation and copies of the first pages with personal data and that one with the residence registration; his/her valid international passport; a copy of a document proving the kinship which must be translated by a professional translator; the valid Turkey residence permit of a citizen of the Russian Federation.
Important - Written invitation from a citizen of the Russian Federation has to be submitted to the Russian Visa Application Centre in person by a citizen of the Russian Federation.
Please note - The consulate may require additional documents before issuing a visa, or invite you to an interview or extend the time required for consideration of your visa application.
Payment of the consular and service charges may be made at the Visa Centre.
Please note - If you are not a national of Turkey, you need to provide the following documents:
Turkey permanent residence permit which is valid for more than 90 days and is required from the nationals of the following countries: Albania, Bahrain, Venezuela, Haiti, Egypt, Ireland, Lesotho, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Mexico, New Zealand, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Republic of Korea, Saudi Arabia, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Sierra Leone, Equatorial Guinea, South Africa, Japan.
According to the national legislation the documentary evidence for the permanent stay in Turkey for more than 90 days can be a student visa or work visa, a work permit, a short-term residence permit, a limited residence permit etc.
- Turkey unlimited residence permit or other equivalent document are required from the nationals of the following countries: Algeria, Angola, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Georgia, India, Iraq, Iran, China, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Ruanda, Syria, Somali, Chad, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia.
Note: The photographs submitted must meet with these specifications.
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. The photographs should be:
- 3,5 x 4,5 cm taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling (without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background).
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete.
The Embassy of the Russian Federation in Turkey processes visa applications and decide whether or not to issue a visa within the processing times service standards (usually between 4 and 10 working days). This is subject to a complete set of documents being provided and consular fees paid.
The processing times may vary according to the decision of the Consular establishment.
In emergency cases an urgent visa application may be submitted. In such cases the processing time can be shortened to just 3 working days or less, if an order to that effect has been given by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia, the Federal Migration Service of Russia or the Ambassador or Consul General of the Russian Federation.
In addition, some applications may take 30 days if deemed necessary by the Consulate.
To complete the online visa application form, please go Here.