Security Notice for Applicants Visiting Australia Visa Application Centre
Due to security reasons the following items will not be permitted inside the Australia Visa Application Centre or stored in the premises:
- All battery operated or electronic gadgets such as cameras, audio / video cassettes, compact discs, MP3's, floppies, laptops, or portable music players.
- Bags and personal belongings of applicants will not be allowed inside except for small hand bags. Items like storage devices, fire arms, weapons of assault, inflammable and incendiary materials etc. are prohibited from being carried inside. A list of restricted items will be displayed at the entrance to the VAC.
- Sealed envelopes or packages. Any inflammable item such as matchboxes / lighters / fuel etc.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail filers.
- Weapon or weapon like objects or explosive material of any kind.
- Food and Drink items are not allowed in the application Centre due to security reasons.
The list provided above is not finite. Other items may be prohibited based on security staff discretion.
Due to security concerns, we do not permit interested parties such as friends, relatives or business contacts to accompany visa applicants. However, interpreters are allowed to accompany hearing-impaired / physically challenged applicants or applicants who are unable to communicate in any language spoken at the Visa Application Centre.
Please Note: There is no facility to store prohibited items at the Australia Visa Application Centre. Applicants are requested to make alternate arrangements to keep the same before entry into the centre.