SCHENGEN VISA - TYPE C
A Schengen visa is valid for 26 Schengen member states and is for short stay for a maximum period of ninety days within a six months period. A Schengen visa allows the holder to travel freely across the Schengen member states.
The following 26 countries have implemented the Schengen Agreement: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
A Schengen visa can only be applied for up to three months prior to your entry into the country.
DO YOU NEED A SCHENGEN VISA?
|ALPHABETICAL ORDER||COUNTRIES WHOSE CITIZENS ARE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE SCHENGEN MEMBER STATES WITHOUT A VISA FOR A STAY UP TO NINETY DAYS|
|A||Albania (only citizens with biometric passports are exempt from the visa requirement), Andorra, Antigua Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria|
|B||Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina (only citizens with biometric passports are exempt from the visa requirement), Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria|
|C||Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic|
|E||El Salvador, Estonia|
|G||Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Georgia (only citizens with biometric passports are exempt from the visa requirement)|
|H||Honduras, Hong Kong (only Special Administrative Region), Hungary|
|I||Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy|
|L||Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg|
|M||Macao (only Special Administrative Region), Macedonia (only for holders of biometric passports), Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro (only for holders of biometric passports)|
|N||Netherlands, Northern Marianas, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway|
|P||Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal|
|S||Salvador, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Samoa, San Marino, Serbia (only for holders of biometric passports), Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland|
|T||Taiwan (Only citizens with a passport issued by Taiwan which contains an identity card number are exempt from the visa requirement. The same applies to citizens with old Taiwanese passports with ‘Republic of China’ on the front page, if the stated place of birth is Taiwan and the passport contains an identity card number), Timor – Leste, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago|
|U||Ukraine (only citizens with biometric passports are exempt from the visa requirement) United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay|
|V||Vatican (Holy See), Venezuela, Vanuatu|
Applications are processed in the order of receipt. Processing usually takes 15 business days from receipt by the Embassy of a complete application and may take longer during peak times and in exceptional circumstances. This estimate excludes the shipping of applications to the Embassy and the return of passports to applicants. The Embassy does NOT provide status updates on visa applications.
Visa Fee Effective from 01 October 2018
Fees are subject to change and may be varied by the authority at any time. If your application meets the initial completeness checks upon submission it will then be accepted for payment at the visa application centre. You can pay the visa and service fee by credit or debit card. Cheques are not accepted. The total fee amount payable will be displayed on your confirmation letter.
|FEE TYPE||FEE VALUE IN AUD|
|Schengen Visa –TYPE C||$ 98|
|Schengen Visa – TYPE C for children aged 6-12 years||$ 57|
|Schengen Visa – TYPE C for children under 6 years||$ 0|
|Schengen Visa – TYPE C for Nationals of
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Georgia(only citizens with biometric passports are exempt from the visa requirement)
|Airport Transit Visa – TYPE A||$ 98|
|Airport Transit Visa – TYPE A for children aged 6-12 years||$ 57|
|Airport Transit Visa – TYPE A for children under 6 years||$ 0|
|Austria National Visa – TYPE D||$ 243|
|Austria National Visa – TYPE D for children under 6 years||$ 0|
|Austrian Work and Holiday Visa for Australian Citizen – Type D||$ 243|
|Service Charges [ inclusive of GST]||$ 42.90|
Incomplete Applications and Refund Policy:
- VFS Global will attempt to contact an applicant via telephone or email for any information lacking as required to constitute a complete application as set out in Annexure A [the checklist]. The applicant will be required to provide the necessary information within 2 working days, failing which the application may be considered incomplete and returned.
- All other fees other than VFS Global Service Fees will be refunded for an application considered to be incomplete [ required information to prepare a complete application is not received within 2 working days from the date of contacting the applicant via email or telephone]
Important: You will need to complete the Registration Process first. You cannot submit only the application form and or checklist. Review the Steps to apply carefully to ensure you submit a completed application set. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
|Document Checklist and Schengen Visa Form|
- Photographs submitted should be as per Austrian embassy guidelines. To find out more kindly go through the link.
Where and how to submit your application
Visit your nearest visa application centre to submit your application.
All applicants are required to submit their applications in person including children. Minor under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a Guardian / Parent.
You must carry with you:
- Your appointment confirmation letter
- Your completed and signed application form
- Your completed and signed Document Checklist
- Your current passport with minimum validity of 6 months provided the passport is valid for at least 3 months from the date of departure from Schengen areas
- Your old passport, if any.
- All required supporting documentation as per Document Checklist
- An Express Post Platinum 500gm satchel with your return address or Express Post Signature on Delivery ( no other type of return envelope is considered acceptable)
- A recent photograph meeting specifications as mentioned on the website. The photograph should not be older than 6 months.
We have provided an informative guide to assist in knowing where you need to submit your application please click here to know more.