Visit to Family or Friends
A Schengen visa is only intended to allow a foreign national to visit Denmark, Iceland and/or the other Schengen countries for a limited period of time. A Schengen visa is strictly a visitor's visa and does not give the holder the right to reside or work in Denmark, Iceland or any other Schengen country.
The issuance of a Schengen visa is discretionary and depends on examination of each individual application, including purpose of visit and intention to return to country of residence.
Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
|FEE TYPE||FEE VALUE IN NZD|
|Schengen Visa –TYPE C||$95|
|Schengen Visa – TYPE C for children aged 6-11 years||$55|
|Schengen Visa – TYPE C for children under 6 years||$0|
|Schengen Visa – TYPE C for Nationals of Albania Bosnia-Herzegovina Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia Georgia Moldova Montenegro Russian Federation, Serbia Ukraine Kosovo||$55|
|Service Charges [ inclusive of GST]||$47.50|
|Courier Charges [inclusive of GST]||$83.00|
|SMS Service [ inclusive of GST]||$3|
- Proof of residence permit or visa for New Zealand valid for at least three months longer than the intended stay in the Schengen region
- Proof of adequate means for the stay in Denmark/Iceland in the applicant’s full name (original bank statement or letter from bank with balance not older than 1 month) ONLY if expenses are NOT covered by the employer or host
- Invitation from the host in Denmark stating:
- the relationship to the applicant
- the purpose and duration of the visit
- whether the host is covering any of the expenses for the trip
- whether the host is providing accommodation for the applicant
(Invitation form can be downloaded here)
- A copy of the host’s passport and if the host is not a Danish/Icelandic citizen, then also a copy of the host’s residence permit for Denmark/Iceland
- Proof of employment (pay slips or letter from employer) OR confirmation of enrolment with a university or other educational establishment. Overseas students must provide the ‘Overseas Student Confirmation-of-enrolment (CoE) or similar confirmation of enrolment from New Zealand
- A return flight booking in and out of the Schengen region
- Hotel booking or other proof of accommodation - unless provided by the host
- Proof of applicant's residential address (e.g. copy of driver license, a utility bill, a bank statement or the likes)
For a detailed checklist and Visa Application Form for this Visa, Click here
The photographs must be:
The photographs must:
Style and lighting
The photographs must be:
Glasses and head covers
If you wear glasses:
Head coverings :
Expression and frame
Your photographs must:
According to the Visa Code the maximum processing time of a bona fide visa application is 15 calendar days. The 15 days are counted from the day when the Danish Consulate General in Sydney receives the application from VFS Global and deems it admissible. The shipment of the application between VFS Global and the Danish Consulate General comes on top of the 15 days. Therefore it is recommended to submit the application with VFS Global a minimum of 3 weeks before the intended date of departure.
If the supporting documentation is incomplete, the applicant will be contacted and given a deadline for providing this documentation. If the deadline is ignored, the application may be refused on the basis of missing documentation.
The processing period may be extended up to a maximum of 30 calendar days in individual cases, notably if further scrutiny of the application is needed or in cases of representation where the authorities of the represented Schengen State are consulted.
Exceptionally, when additional documentation is needed in specific cases, the period may be extended up to a maximum of 60 calendar days.