EEA/EU and Swiss national family member
Every applicant, including children/infants, submitting a Schengen visa application under EEA/EU national family member category, can use walk-in service, i.e. no prior appointment is required, from Monday till Friday between 08.30 and 12.00.
For Non EU citizens who are not sure whether a Schengen visa is required to travel to the Schengen Area, please click Do I need a visa? to find out.
Applicant must at least meet the following criteria in order to be eligible to submit a Schengen visa application:
- holding a valid passport/travel document
- holding a valid UK residence permit. In case applicant holds a short stay visa for the UK, a C type visa (see example here), then applicant needs to apply for a Schengen visa from his/her residence country; however applicants may apply at any Danish mission outside their residence country if they have a valid reason for not having applied in their residence country, e.g. no Danish mission or a new urgent situation has arisen during their stay in the UK (e.g. new business trip, death or serious illness of a relative in Denmark/Iceland - please note that written confirmation from the doctor or hospital in Denmark/Iceland is required).
- applying for a short stay visa: Tourist/Visitor Family & Friends/Conference (including Minors), Business or EEA/EU family member
EEA/EU national family member (including Minors):
Applicants intending to travel to Denmark/Iceland as a family member of an EEA/EU national need to check the visa requirements here.
Applicants who haven’t reached the age of 18 years when submitting a Schengen visa application (EEA/EU family member).
Due to European legislation regarding protection of children/minors, it has to be emphasised that Minors, who are not providing all the required documents, may not be granted a Schengen visa.
|Visa Category||Visa fee (in Euro)||Visa fee (in GBP)||VFS Service fee (in GBP)|
|EU/EEA and Swiss national family member||0||0||26.38|
Applicable visa fee, in Pound Sterling (£), is as per the current exchange rate and may be subject to change without notice.
VFS service fee (inclusive of VAT) is charged per visa application, in addition to the applicable visa fee.
All fees can be paid by cash (except in Manchester and Edinburgh), Credit/Debit card or Postal Orders in the name of “Denmark Visa Application Centre”.
Cheque payments and direct bank transfers are not accepted.
All fees are non-refundable.
Please provide one recent colour photograph (not more than 3 months old) of yourself, meeting the following requirements:
- Taken against a light (white or off-white) background so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear quality and with the face in focus
- Full face: non-smiling, no sunglasses, no hat/cap or any head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of his/her religious belief or ethnic background
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print)
- Photograph attached (glued) to the Visa Application Form
If the photographs presented do not meet these requirements (see examples here), then the visa application will be considered incomplete and applicant will be asked to take new photographs in the photo booth in the visa application centre.
Every applicant can submit his/her Schengen visa application up to 3 months before the intended travel date to the Schengen Area.
The details regarding the processing time of a visa application can be found here.
For Denmark every applicant needs to provide a signed printout from an online Schengen visa application form (VAF).
Therefore each applicant first needs to download and print the Schengen visa application form as follows:
- Click Schengen Visa Application form ( as PDF format)
- Select File in Menu bar
- Select Print & confirm Printing
- Right click Schengen Visa Application form
- Select Print target & confirm Printing
Once the Schengen visa application form has been printed, then applicant needs to finish the remaining steps:
- Duly complete the printed visa application form (as per the passport’s details)
- Sign the completed visa application form in the designated places (no.37 and right under the disclaimer at the end of the VAF)
- Bring the signed visa application form with the supporting documents on his/her appointment day (see Schedule an Appointment).