Every applicant, including children/infants, has to submit his/her Schengen visa application in person and by appointment, which needs to be booked online (see Schedule an Appointment) by the applicant,
when applying for Tourism only.
Applicants submitting a Schengen visa application under Business or EEA/EU national family member category can use walk-in service, i.e. no prior appointment is required, from Monday till Friday between 08.30 and 12.00.
For Non EU citizens who are not sure whether a Schengen visa is required to travel to the Schengen Area, please click Do I need a visa? to find out.
Applicant must at least meet the following criteria in order to be eligible to submit a Schengen visa application:
- holding a valid passport/travel document
- holding a valid UK residence permit. In case applicant holds a short stay visa for the UK, a C type visa (see example here), then applicant needs to apply for a Schengen visa from his/her residence country; however applicants may apply at any Danish mission outside their residence country if they have a valid reason for not having applied in their residence country, e.g. no Danish mission or a new urgent situation has arisen during their stay in the UK (e.g. new business trip, death or serious illness of a relative in Denmark/Iceland - please note that written confirmation from the doctor or hospital in Denmark/Iceland is required).
- applying for a short stay visa: Tourist/Visitor Family & Friends/Conference (including Minors), Business or EEA/EU family member
Applicants travelling purely for tourist purposes, i.e. visiting for leisure, recreation or sightseeing, and provide for their own accommodation (hotel, hostel, B&B, camping, …).
Visitor Family & Friends:
Applicants visiting and staying with family/friends, who are legally residing in Denmark/Iceland.
Applicants-employees/students attending a conference/seminar/workshop, purely out of interest and on their own initiative or by invitation.
- Applicants intending to travel for business purposes, i.e. visiting a business/company to have meetings, to make business deals, to recruit, to train or other work related activities
- Applicants-employees going to attend a conference/seminar/workshop organised by their company or another company directly related to their company
- Applicants-employees/students going to be actively involved in a conference/seminar/workshop
Applicants who haven’t reached the age of 18 years when submitting a Schengen visa application (Tourist/Visitor Family & Friends/Conference or EEA/EU family member).
Due to European legislation regarding protection of children/minors, it has to be emphasised that Minors, who are not providing all the required documents, may not be granted a Schengen visa.
Applicable visa fee for minors varies in 3 age groups:
- Minors under 6 years old: Gratis
- Minors between 6 years and 12 years old: Reduced visa fee
- Minors 12 years old and more: Full visa fee
|Visa Category||Visa fee (in Euro)||Visa fee (in GBP)||VFS Service fee (in GBP)|
|Tourism/Visitor Family & Friends/Conference||60||53||26.38|
|Children less than 6 years old||0||0||26.38|
|Children between 6 and 12 years old||35||31||26.38|
|Nationals of countries with a visa facilitation agreement with the European Union: Albania, Armenia, Bosnia – Herzegovina, Georgia, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russian Federation, Serbia and Ukraine||35||31||26.38|
|EXEMPTION VISA FEES|
|Organised groups of school pupils/students accompanied by teachers on study/educational trip; only applicable if applicants have a formal invitation from an educational institution in Denmark/Iceland.||0||0||26.38|
|(scientific) researchers from third countries||0||0||26.38|
|Representatives of non-profit organisations (up to 25 years old) actively participating in conferences/events (sports, cultural or educational) organised by non-profit organisations.||0||0||26.38|
Applicable visa fee, in Pound Sterling (£), is as per the current exchange rate and may be subject to change without notice.
VFS service fee (inclusive of VAT) is charged per visa application, in addition to the applicable visa fee.
All fees can be paid by cash (except in Manchester and Edinburgh), Credit/Debit card or Postal Orders in the name of “Denmark Visa Application Centre”.
Cheque payments and direct bank transfers are not accepted.
All fees are non-refundable.
Please provide one recent colour photograph (not more than 3 months old) of yourself, meeting the following requirements:
- Taken against a light (white or off-white) background so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear quality and with the face in focus
- Full face: non-smiling, no sunglasses, no hat/cap or any head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of his/her religious belief or ethnic background
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print)
- Photograph attached (glued) to the Visa Application Form
If the photographs presented do not meet these requirements (see examples here), then the visa application will be considered incomplete and applicant will be asked to take new photographs in the photo booth in the visa application centre.
Every applicant can submit his/her Schengen visa application up to 3 months before the intended travel date to the Schengen Area.
The details regarding the processing time of a visa application can be found here.
For Denmark/Iceland every applicant needs to provide a signed printout from an online Schengen visa application form (VAF).
Therefore each applicant first needs to download and print the Schengen visa application form as follows:
- Click Schengen Visa Application form ( as PDF format)
- Select File in Menu bar
- Select Print & confirm Printing
- Right click Schengen Visa Application form
- Select Print target & confirm Printing
Once the Schengen visa application form has been printed, then applicant needs to finish the remaining steps:
- Duly complete the printed visa application form (as per the passport’s details)
- Sign the completed visa application form in the designated places (no.37 and right under the disclaimer at the end of the VAF)
- Bring the signed visa application form with the supporting documents on his/her appointment day (see Schedule an Appointment).