Applicants can apply for Waiver by completing the online application form. Waivers are subject to DHA approval.
PERMANENT RESIDENCE PERMIT
- Duly completed online form. Handwritten forms will not be accepted by Department of Home Affairs.
- Applicants are requested to get original documents for verification while submitting photocopies for any visa / permit category
- Original passport
- Copies of passport and previous visas
- Original Bank payment / Electronic Fund Transfer receipt for each applicant
- Original and Copy of Bank Receipt per applicant in case of Repatriation / Bank Guarantee paid in Department of Home Affairs Account
- Appointment Letter A letter signed by the employer, citing the requirements to be waived and a comprehensive motivation for each requirement.
- A copy of the applicant’s curriculum vitae.
- A copy of the applicant’s passport and all temporary residence permits affixed therein.
- A copy of the employment contract signed by both the employer and the employee. if applicable.
- Background on the company/institution for record purposes.
- Business Plan, Bank or financial statements, if applicable
Recommendation from the Department of Trade and Industry, if applicable.
2. A general work visa may be issued by the Director-General to a foreigner not falling within a critical skills category contemplated in subsection (4) and who complies with the prescribed requirements.
1. An applicant for a general work visa, critical skills work visa or intra-company transfer work visa shall submit―
a. a written undertaking by the employer accepting responsibility for the costs related to the deportation of the applicant and his or her dependent family members, should it become necessary; and
b. Original Police clearance certificate issued by the police or security authority in each country where the relevant applicant resided for 12 months or longer after attaining the age of 18 years except for South Africa, in respect of criminal records or the character of that applicant, which certificate shall not be older than six months at the time of its submission: (Provided that the certificate shall not be required from a foreign country in the case of renewal or extension of a visa)
- South African police clearance will be validated upon biometric enrolment at the VFS center effective as of 01 October 2016 at a fee of R175 (Inclusive of Vat) Per Applicant
- Biometric enrolment fee applicable: Yes
2. The employer shall ensure that the passport of his or her employee is valid at all times for the duration of his or her employment.
3. An application for a general work visa shall be accompanied by―
a. a certificate from the Department of Labour confirming that―
i. despite a diligent search, the prospective employer has been unable to find a suitable citizen or permanent resident with qualifications or skills and experience equivalent to those of the applicant;
ii. the applicant has qualifications or proven skills and experience in line with the job offer;
iii. the salary and benefits of the applicant are not inferior to the average salary and benefits of citizens or permanent residents occupying similar positions in the Republic; and
iv. the contract of employment stipulating the conditions of employment and signed by both the employer and the applicant is in line with the labour standards in the Republic and is made conditional upon the general work visa being approved;
b. proof of qualifications evaluated by the SAQA and translated by a sworn translator into one of the official languages of the Republic;
c. full particulars of the employer, including, where applicable, proof of registration of the business with the Commission on Intellectual Property and Companies (CIPC);
d. an undertaking by the employer to inform the Director-General should the applicant not comply with the Act or conditions of the visa; and
e. an undertaking by the employer to inform the Director-General upon the employee no longer being in the employ of such employer or when he or she is employed in a different capacity or role.
All temporary visa applications accepted at the Visa Facilitation Centre will have a minimum average processing time of 8 - 10 months for the decision to be returned from Department of Home Affairs. You can track your application online on VFS Global website to determine status of your application.
DHA Application Fee
VFS Service Fee
Premium Lounge (Optional Service)
All fees are inclusive of VAT and to be paid in South African Rand. Above listed fees are non-refundable once the application is received by VFS Global and Department of Home Affairs.
Once all supporting documentation is available as per the documentary checklist kindly proceed to complete the online application form. You will be required to pre-pay a minimum amount of R1350 in order to secure and schedule your appointment online.
Payment to secure your online appointment can be made in three methods:
- Online payment via Debit/Credit card through the secure online portal
- Pre-payment at Standard Bank by downloading and completing the online generated bank receipt and depositing the cash into the nearest Standard Bank
- EFT payment through the secure online portal
Note- When selecting the pre-payment option, after payment has been done you are required to visit your online application form after 3 working days to proceed to schedule your appointment.