Sports or Cultural Event/Study
All citizens of Algeria are required to apply for a visa before entering Finland and/or other countries under the Schengen agreement. Before applying, please ensure you understand your particular ‘purpose of visit’. Schengen visas must be applied for at the respective Embassy/Consulate of the country of your main destination. Your main destination will be the Schengen country where your duration of stay exceeds all others. Due to this, when traveling to more than one Schengen country, you should submit your application to the Embassy/Consulate representing the country of your main destination. In case of equal stay, you have to submit your application to the mission of the Schengen country representing your first port of entry.
See more info about Schengen visas at the website of Embassy of Finland in Algeria.
The Visa Application Centre accepts applications for short stay Schengen visas only (not exceeding 90 days during 180 days period). Applicants need to visit the Visa Application Centre in person. All applicants applying for a Schengen visa must submit biometric data - ten fingerprints and a photo. The biometric data will be stored in the Visa Information System (VIS), which is an IT system that allows data exchange between the Schengen States.
Who can submit visa application in the Visa Application Centre?
The Visa Application Centre in Algeria accepts Schengen visa applications from legal residents of Algeria only (Algerian citizens, Algerian registration certificate /residential permit /long stay visa holders).
Visa application can be submitted three months before the trip, we recommend you to apply at least one month before the planned trip. Please note that all applications are processed individually. The Embassy may request further documentation, information or you may be called for an interview which can prolong the processing time.
The Visa Application Centre takes visa applications with an appointment. Information how to book the appointment can be found here.
|VISA FEES||EURO €||Algerian Dinar (DZD)|
|Schengen visa (age 12 years and above)||60||8000|
|Children, 6 to 12 years old||35||4700|
|Children, 0 to 6 years old||0||0|
|Schengen visa for nationals of countries with visa facilitation agreement||35||4700|
The visa fee is not charged if the visa applicant belongs to one of the following categories:
School pupils, students, post graduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purpose of study or educational traing
- To be evaluated case by case. VAC should contact the Mission.
researchers travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research
- To be evaluated case by case. VAC should contact the Mission. Applicant needs to provide required documentation about the purpose of the travel.
Family members of EU/EEA-citizen (free movement)
Applicant needs to provide a proof of family ties.
- Family members of Finnish citizens, who reside in Finland.
- Diplomatic and official passport holders
VFS Global Service Charge
|TYPE||EURO €||Algerian Dinar (DZD)|
|All applicants||29 €||3 450|
*Please note that the service fee is inclusive of all applicable taxes.
Click for the price list of Additional Services.
- The applicable visa fee in Algerian Dinar (DZD) is as per current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice.
- The applicants who submit their applications at the Visa Application Centre can pay the visa fee in cash or through credit / debit card.
- Applicants exempted from visa fee need to pay only Service Charge.
Please note that the visa category chosen by an applicant must be based on the purpose of travel to Finland and the decision must be made by the applicant him/herself - Visa Application Centre staff will not be able to assist you in making this decision. An application filled incorrectly and carelessly can cause refusal of a visa application. The applicant may need to submit additional details or applicant can be asked to come for an interview at the Embassy.
|Checklist for Sports or Cultural Event/Study|
The photographes must be:
- No more than 6-months old
- 35-40mm in width
- Close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70 -80% of the photograph
- In sharp focus and clear
- Of high quality with no ink marks or creases
The photographs must:
- Show you looking directly at the camera
- Show your skin tones naturally
- Have appropriate brightness and contrast
- Be printed on high quality paper, and at high resolution Photographs taken with a digital camera must be high quality colour and printed on photo-quality paper.
Style and lighting
The photographs must be:
- Be colour neutral
- Show your eyes open and clearly visible-no hair across your eyes
- Show you facing square on to the camera, not looking over one shoulder (portrait style) or tilted, and showing both edges of your face clearly
- Be taken with a plain light-coloured background
- Be taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows or flash reflections on your face and no red eye
Glasses and head covers
If you wear glasses:
- Be colour neutral
- The photograph must show your eyes clearly with no flash reflection off the glasses, and no tinted lenses (if possible, avoid heavy frames - wear lighter framed glasses if you have them)
- Make sure that the frames do not cover any part of your eyes.
Head coverings :
- Are not permitted except for religious reasons, but your facial features from bottom of chin to top of forehead and both edges of your face must be clearly shown.
Expression and frame
See more information about the passport photo guidelines by the Finnish Police.
The processing of the application takes two weeks, but can take longer time, if the application is not complete. The Embassy may request further documentation, information or you may be called for an interview which can prolong the processing time.