EEA / EU Nationals (Short Stay up to 90 days)
The Embassy of the Republic of Hungary in the United Kingdom is pleased to announce the opening of its Visa Application Centre operated by VF Services (UK) Limited in London and Edinburgh
For Prospective Applicants
If you wish to apply for a visa for Hungary, we strongly recommend that you read all information on this site. The provided guidelines will help you prepare your application as accurately as possible and prevent any processing delays.
Important – ALL applicants travelling must book an appointment and be present at the date and time of the visa application, including children/infants
To find out if you need a visa to visit Hungary, please go to Do I need a visa?
Holder of a 'Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National'
If accompanied by the EEA national or joining the EEA national who is travelling to or residing in Hungary: no visa required. Please note that the residence permit must be endorsed in a valid passport or travel document, and that you may be requested by the immigration authorities to provide documentary proof of the relationship (e.g. original birth, marriage or civil partnership certificate), and of the use of the right of free movement of the EEA national (e.g. a registration certificate).
Furthermore, this only applies when travelling directly to Hungary. When travelling to Hungary through another country, please check with the appropriate Embassy.
2, Family members of EEA citizens not holding the above mentioned residence card of a family member of an EEA national, need a visa to travel to Hungary, thus they should apply for a visa. If they are travelling together with their EEA national family member or travel in order to join the EEA national family member in Hungary, they are not required to pay the visa fee. However, they must provide proof of this by presenting joint flight tickets, a letter from the EEA national family member and a single return flight ticket
There is a service charge of £24 (inclusive of VAT) per application payable by all applicants
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in Euros||Visa Fee in GBP|
- For countries with a visa facilitation agreement with the European Union (Nationals of national of Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cape Verde, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine.) and children between the ages of 6-12 years, the Schengen visa fee amounts to £0.00.
- The Special Delivery facility for the return of processed applications is available at a fee of £14.95 (Inclusive of VAT) per application. This is an optional service.
- The SMS facility for updates on your application is available at a fee of £1.95 (Inclusive of VAT) per application. This is an optional service.
- The fees can be paid by cash, credit/debit card or Postal Orders in the name of “Hungary Visa Application Centre".
- Cheque payments and direct bank transfers are not accepted.
- All fees are non-refundable.
Fully completed Application Form
Original and copy of Passport, with at least 2 blank visa pages, valid for at least 90 days beyond the return date of the trip to the Schengen Area, and not issued more than 10 years ago as of the date of return of the scheduled trip. The same applies to passports more than 10 years old that have since been extended.
- Original and copy of UK Residence permit valid for at least 90 days beyond the return date of the trip to the Schengen Area (If card type please copy both sides)
- One recent photo (not older than 6 months) colour passport size, photos with white background. See Photo Specifications tab at top of page.
- Spouse’s original valid Passport + 1 photocopy.
- Original + 1 copy of Marriage Certificate translated to English if necessary by certified translator.
- Original + 1 copy of Birth Certificate translated to English if necessary by certified translator.
A photocopy of the documentation.
- Proof of travel with the EU National: fully booked and paid joint return flight/travel tickets.
Note: Marriage and full birth certificates issued outside the EU must be translated into English by a certified translator.
Each individual person making a visa application must provide ALL of the required documents – i.e. if applying as a family; ALL family members must provide their own individual documents.
Note - If the marriage is not registered/issued in Hungary, the couple must provide proof of their common address in the UK in addition to the marriage certificate. An acceptable proof of address is the most recent bank statement or utility bill, for both applicant and spouse.
No documentation will be returned with your passport, so unless specifically requested please do not give original documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificate’s etc. Only copies of such documents should be submitted with your application.
Note: We regret we cannot accept photographs that do not meet these requirements
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. The photograph should be in colour and:
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background].
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form. Upon your arrival to the Visa Application Centre further requirements may be requested.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. Photo booth meeting these requirements is available at the centre.
The visa processing time is a minimum of 15 working days provided that a complete file is submitted. But, it may take longer in certain cases.
Applications accepted at the Hungary Visa Application Centre in London will be submitted the next working day to the Embassy of the Republic of Hungary for processing.
When applying in Edinburgh, applicants should allow an extra 2 – 3 days minimum for their applications to be processed.
Please check the following LINK to ascertain any dates that the consulate will be closed, as this will also affect the processing time of your application.
All visa decisions are solely at the discretion of the Embassy of the Republic of Hungary, London
|Visa Application Form|
To Download a Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.