Minors (Short Stay up to 90 days)
The Embassy of the Republic of Hungary in the United Kingdom is pleased to announce the opening of its Visa Application Centre operated by VF Services (UK) Limited in London and Edinburgh
For Prospective Applicants
If you wish to apply for a visa for Hungary, we strongly recommend that you read all information on this site. The provided guidelines will help you prepare your application as accurately as possible and prevent any processing delays.
Important – ALL applicants travelling must book an appointment and be present at the date and time of the visa application, including children/infants
To find out if you need a visa to visit Hungary, please go to Do I need a visa?
There is a service charge of £24 (inclusive of VAT) per application in addition to the visa fees payable by all applicants
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in Euros||Visa Fee in GBP|
- For countries with a visa facilitation agreement with the European Union (Nationals of national of Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cape Verde, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Russia, Serbia, Ukraine.) and children between the ages of 6-12 years, the Schengen visa fee amounts to £30.00.
- The applicable visa fee in Pound Sterling (£) is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice. The fee is non-refundable.
- The following categories of applicants are exempted of Visa fees only:
- The Special Delivery facility for the return of processed applications is available at a fee of £14.95 (Inclusive of VAT) per application. This is an optional service.
- The SMS facility for updates on your application is available at a fee of £1.95 (Inclusive of VAT) per application. This is an optional service.
- The Visa fees can be paid by cash, credit/debit card or postal orders in the name of “Hungary Visa Application Centre".
- Cheque payments and direct bank transfers are not accepted.
- All fees are non-refundable.
Children under 6
- Fully completed and signed application form.
- Original and copy of Passport, with at least 2 blank visa pages, valid for at least 90 days beyond the return date of the trip to the Schengen Area, and not issued more than 10 years ago as of the date of return from your scheduled trip. The same applies to passports issued more than 10 years ago that have since been extended.
- Original and copy of UK Residence permit valid for at least 90 days beyond the return date of the trip to the Schengen Area
- One recent photo (not older than 6 months) ,passport size, colour photo with white background. Please see Photo Specification section above for more information.
- Child birth certificate. Full birth certificates issued outside the EU must be duly translated into English and legalized by The Embassy of Hungary / Embassy of the origin country in the UK. These documents must be original only.
- Letter of consent for travel date, date of return, etc. from other parent if only one parent is attending to apply for visa along with the child at the Hungary visa application centre.
- Passport copies of both parents must be provided.
- Or sole custody agreement in case of single parents.
- Fully booked and paid return flight tickets;
- Fully booked and paid hotel reservation OR a letter of invitation in original by your host in Hungary, signed by him/her and with a photocopy of his/her valid I.D. and his/her residence permit in Hungary if non-EU-citizen;,
- An original reference letter by school addressed to ‘The Embassy of Hungary in London’.
- Travel insurance covering the intended period of stay with a minimum coverage of EURO 30,000 for emergency hospital and repatriation expenses
- Evidence that your parents have sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay, you must provide either parent’s last 3 months, original bank statements showing activity/transactions not older than 1 month and showing positive balance, or traveller’s cheques, or credit cards with credit limit statement. Proof of your parent’s current occupation in the UK, a letter from their employer which must be original, not older than 1 month and hand signed - electronic/digital signatures will not be accepted. Please make sure that the letter is on headed paper, dated and contains a contact name and number.
- A photocopy of all original documentation
All supporting documents must not be older than 1 month
Each individual person making a visa application must provide ALL of the required documents – i.e. if applying as a family; ALL family members must provide their own individual documents.
Note - If the marriage is not registered/issued in Hungary, the couple must provide proof of their common address in the UK in addition to the marriage certificate. An acceptable proof of address is the most recent bank statement or utility bill, for both applicant and spouse.
No documentation will be returned with your passport, so unless specifically requested please do not give original documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificate’s etc. Only copies of such documents should be submitted with your application.
Note: We regret we cannot accept photographs that do not meet these requirements
Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. The photograph should be in colour and:
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background].
- Please stick the Photograph on the Visa Application Form. Upon your arrival to the Visa Application Centre further requirements may be requested.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. Photo booth meeting these requirements is available at the centre.
The visa processing time is a minimum of 15 working days provided that a complete file is submitted. But, it may take longer in certain cases.
Applications accepted at the Hungary Visa Application Centre in London will be submitted the next working day to the Embassy of the Republic of Hungary for processing.
When applying in Edinburgh, applicants should allow an extra 2 – 3 days minimum for their applications to be processed.
Please check the following LINK to ascertain any dates that the consulate will be closed, as this will also affect the processing time of your application.
All visa decisions are solely at the discretion of the Embassy of the Republic of Hungary, London
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.
|Visa Application Form|
To Download a Form: