Security Notice for Applicants visiting India Passport & Visa Services Centre (IPVSC)
Due to security reasons the following items will not be permitted inside the IPVSC or stored in the premises:
- All electronic gadgets such as cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3's, floppies, laptops, or portable music players.
- All bags such as travel bags, back packs, briefcases, suitcases, leather, jute or cloth bags and zip folders. Only a plastic bag containing your application related papers would be permitted.
- Sealed envelopes or packages. Any inflammable item such as matchboxes/ lighters/ fuel etc.
- Any sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail filers.
- Weapon or weapon like objects or explosive material of any kind.
The list provided above is not finite. Other items may be prohibited based on security staff discretion.
Due to security concerns, we do not permit interested parties such as friends, relatives or business contacts to accompany visa applicants. However, interpreters are allowed to accompany hearing-impaired / physically challenged applicants.
There is no facility at the IPVSC to store prohibited items and applicants may be denied access to the IPVSC if they are found to be carrying any of the aforementioned prohibited items.