OCI Miscellaneous Service
Who Can Apply?
OCI Card holders travelling to India are required to carry their Passport containing the U Visa sticker as well as the OCI Card, in order to avoid problems at Immigration check points in India.
In case a registered OCI has obtained a new passport, it is important to carry the old passport containing the U Visa sticker, the new passport and the OCI document, during all visits to India.
This service can be availed for re-issuance/issuance of duplicate OCI documents in the following categories:
In case of issuance of new passport
OCI registration certificate and visa carries the passport number of the registered OCI. Accordingly, each time a new passport is issued to an OCI holder, it has to be captured on the registration certificate and visa. This would require re-issuance of OCI registration certificate and visa each time a new passport is issued. However, as the major benefit of OCI Scheme is life long visa to visit India, problems arise each time a new passport is issued. In some countries old passports are not returned. Further, in many countries, the validity of passport is for 5 years. To obviate these difficulties, the following scheme has been incorporated:
- OCI registration certificate and visa have got to be re-issued by availing this service, each time a new passport is issued up to the completion of 20 years of age and once after completing 50 years of age.
- Re-issuance of OCI registration certificate and visa is not mandatory, each time a new passport is issued between 21-50 years of age. However, if the applicant wishes to avail this service, he/she can apply for the same. If the OCI card is issued after the age of 50 years, there is no need for re-issuance of OCI.
In case of change of personal particulars viz. nationality etc.,
Filing of wrong personal particulars while submitting online application
In case of change of personal particulars/wrong filing of personal particulars while submitting online application, OCI holders may seek re-issuance of OCI documents by availing the services. They have to enclose the documentary evidence for the change of the personal particulars. However, in case of change of photograph without the change of the passport, personal interview shall be taken by the Competent Authority before the grant of the service
In case of Loss/damage of OCI registration certificate/visa.
In case of loss of OCI documents, a copy of the complaint filed with the Police authorities shall be enclosed. Personal interview of the applicant shall be taken by the Competent Authority before the grant of the service.
In case of filling of wrong personal particulars while submitting online application viz. name, father's name, date of birth etc.,
In case of filling of wrong personal particulars while submitting the online application, OCI holders may seek re-issuance of OCI documents by availing the services. They have to enclose the documentary evidence for the correct personal particulars.
In case of mistakes committed by the Indian Mission/Post/Office while entering the personal particulars.
Since the mistake is committed by the Indian Mission/Post/Office, no fee shall be charged for re-issuance of OCI documents.
In case of change of address/occupation
In case of change of address/occupation, new set of OCI documents will not be issued. The applicant may take a print out of the new address/occupation after online submission and keep for record purposes. No fee shall be charged from the applicant
Checklist and Application Forms
Steps To Follow
The checklist for the application category that you apply for will provide details on which specific forms you may need to download. In some instances, there may be more than one form.
Complete a separate checklist and application form/s for each person applying. Ensure the documents are completed accurately and signed where needed.
Please refer to the table below and select the correct Indian Mission when filling out your online Application Form.
Please Note: Incorrect selection will require you to fill a new form.
Once application is complete refer to the VFS locations where you can submit your applications in person/send through courier.
Your Residential State Indian Mission Jurisdiction VFS Office Location (If you are sending your application through Post/courier VFS office Location(if you are applying in person) New South Wales Australia- Sydney VFS - Sydney VFS - Sydney South Australia Australia- Sydney Australia- Sydney VFS - Adelaide Victoria Australia - Melbourne VFS - Melbourne VFS - Melbourne Tasmania Australia - Melbourne VFS - Melbourne VFS - Melbourne Australian Capital Territory Australia- Canberra VFS - Canberra VFS - Canberra Queensland Australia- Canberra Australia- Canberra VFS - Brisbane Western Australia Australia- Perth VFS - Perth VFS - Perth Northern Territory Australia- Perth VFS - Perth VFS - Perth
Please note: you can only submit your applications as per the jurisdiction to the VFS office location as mentioned in above table.
Example: if you residing in SA and wishing to apply in person, you must visit VFS - Adelaide office.
Before you click on the complete online application form button below, remember you must print out the application form once completed online, checklist (one per person) and additional forms as indicated above if any. Return to this page to complete Step 3.
When completing the online application, you will need to upload the following-
- Photo Image of Applicant
- Scanned Image of applicants signature
- Scanned images/files for the documents to be submitted in PDF.
Kindly follow below specifications strictly.
- Applicant's image and Applicant's signature image (Max size 200kb).
- The height and width of the Applicant Photo must be equal.
- The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 200 pixels (height).
- The maximum dimensions are 900 pixels (width) x 900 pixels (height).
- The height and width of the Signature Photo must have aspect ratio 1:3
- The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 67 pixels (height).
- The maximum dimensions are 900 pixels (width) x 300 pixels (height).
- Supporting documents in PDF format (Max size 1000kb).
Now that you have completed Step 2, you’re ready to submit your application. Make sure you have signed the application form/s and checklist where required and have all supporting documents in place.
Incomplete applications or applications with incorrect photographs specifications cannot be accepted and will be returned. Refer to Application and Service Terms
By Post/ Courier- If you decide to send in your application by Post/ Courier click here for details on how to submit your application.
In Person- If you decide to submit your application in person by appointment at an Application Centre, click below to book your appointment.Book An Appointment
Fees and Charges
Click on the Fee Calculator Icon to calculate fees applicable.
Fees for OCI/PIO services are subject to revision every month depending upon the prevailing Rate of Exchange.
Credit/Debit card surcharge of 1.95% applicable for card payments. Only Master card or Visa cards issued in Australia are acceptable
IPVSC centres provide a courier service to return your processed applications back to your address at an additional service charge of AUD 19.95 (inclusive of GST) and return by courier for Visa and few Consular Miscellaneous services Application is purely optional service selected for convenience to the applicants
Optional SMS service provide you with three SMS updating you in real time on the status tracking of your lodged application at an additional service charge of AUD 1.99 (inclusive of GST)
IPVSC Centres in Australia provide photography services as per the guidelines of International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO). This service is chargeable and available for standard photographs of Adult and children. (Assistance may not be available for Infant and applicants’ with Special Needs).
IPVSC centres provide the service of Photocopy and Form printing of the Documents at an additional charge of AUD 0.50 per page.
Preferred mode of payment
At the application centre by Credit Card/EFTPOS
At the application centre in Cash
Other Payment modes
Fees can be paid by Money Order/Postal Order, in favour of, “VFS Services Australia Pty Ltd”
For all type of applications, same day pick up requests will incur an additional VFS Global Emergency Processing Fee of Au$88.00 (inclusive of GST) including interim/complete withdrawal cases.
Strictly do not finalize travel plans before receiving the service applied for. Processing times below are average processing times. Please plan your travel accordingly.
VFS Global/Government of India would not be responsible for any inconvenience/problems faced as a result of finalizing travel plans before obtaining the relevant service.
Applicants sending their documents by Post/Courier are requested to ensure that they are completed and meet requirements. Processing times mentioned do not include transit time by post/courier. Transit times by Courier are generally 1-3 days on average and may be higher in remote or rural areas.
Incomplete applications will lead to an increase in processing time and applicants will need to comply with any changes in the procedure that may occur during this time. As a part of Processing Incomplete applications are returned and Courier Return fees will apply. See terms and conditions for further details
For OCI Miscellaneous Service
4 weeks for clearance of application + on an average 7 working days after re-submission of passport.
Secure and Safe return choice:
OCI Miscellaneous applications are returned by secure courier delivery process.
While completing the online application, you will need to upload photo according to specification and Failure to meet the specifications will result in delay or rejection of the application.
Photographs should be in color and strictly as per the specifications below.
- Un-mounted - 2 inch x 2 inch in size.
- Face should cover about 70 to 80% of the photo area.
- Frame Subject with Full Face, Front view, Eyes open
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance.
- The photographs must be clear, well defined and taken against a plain white or light-coloured background.
- Appropriate brightness and contrast showing your skin tones naturally
- Even lighting (no shadows across or behind the face)
- Face must be square to the camera with a neutral expression, neither frowning nor smiling and with your mouth closed.
- If you must wear a head covering for religious reasons, make sure your full facial features are not obscured.
- Non-tinted prescription glasses are allowed as long as your eyes are clearly visible. Make sure that the frame does not cover any part of your eyes. Sunglasses are not acceptable.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- Photograph for Child/babies - The photograph should show the baby or child awake, looking straight at the camera with mouth closed and nothing covering the mouth. It should also show both edges of the face clearly (no toys, blankets, chair backs or other people visible) and no hair across the eyes.
There is one self-service Photo-booth available at each of our centres in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney. The photo-booth is a self operating standard Adult photo facility and cannot be adjusted to assist with Infant, Children or Special Needs applicants’ photographs.