Consular Services Information
The India Consular and Visa Application Centre (ICVAC) is the outsourced partner of the Embassy of India in Spain. In this capacity, the ICVAC is responsible for receipt of applications for consular services, collection of fees, submission of applications at the Embassy of India in Madrid, collecting the processed documents from the Embassy of India in Madrid, and returning them back to applicants.
The ICVAC is managed by VFS Global Spain SL who is not involved in the process of assessment of consular miscellaneous applications. The assessment of consular miscellaneous applications is carried out by the Embassy of India, Madrid and the decision to grant or refuse issuance of consular documents is at their sole discretion. Staff members of VFS Global Spain SL have no role or influence over the outcome of an application.
The Government of India provides the following Consular services for applicants through the ICVAC Spain, please refer to each service to check your eligibility and to apply.
- Surrender or Renunciation
- Supplementary Police Clearance Certificate
- Nationality Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate/Marriage Continuity Certificate
- Relationship Certificate
- Divorce Attestation
- Good Conduct Certificate
- Same Person Certificate
- Attestation of Sworn Affidavits and Self Declarations
- Attestation of Power of Attorney
- Attestation of Life Certificate (for pension purpose)
- Registration of Death of Indian Nationals
- Registration of Birth
- Registration Certificate
- Letter of no objection to carry back the ashes/body to India
Note that where applicants are required to sign documents in the presence of a consular officer they would need to visit VFS Centre, Madrid in person.