Once received by the Visa Application Centre, applications will be sent to the Embassy of Italy, Abu Dhabi the next working day and the applicant will be given an appointment for a personal Interview ( if applicable) with the Embassy of Italy in Abu Dhabi. Once the assessment is completed by the Embassy of Italy, the decision together with the passport and the other relevant documents will be available for collection from the Visa Application Centre.
Note: The processing time for assessment of a Schengen visa at the Embassy of Italy varies according to the nationality of the applicant and the period of the year in which the application is given - summer period being the slowest.
Currently, visa processing time is minimum 15 working days for all third country nationals.
Applicant’s lack of Travel plan will not fall on Embassy priority to process your visa. It is advisable to plan your travel well in advance to avoid any inconvenience.
|Visa Fees||AED 277||For each application|
|Children between 6-12 years||AED 162||For each application|
|Service Fees||AED 100||For each application|
|Premium Fees||AED 150||Optional Service|
|SMS Fees||AED 5||Optional Service|
|Courier Fees||AED 30||Optional Service|
Countries with a visa facilitation agreement with the European Union: the Schengen visa fee amounts to AED 162 for nationals of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Ukraine, Russian Federation, Georgia and for those nationals of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Moldavia, Montenegro, Serbia, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia(FYROM) still holding non-biometric passports.
- Exemption of visa fee is mainly in the case of children below 6 years of age in the short term category.
- Spouses and relatives of EU citizens are also exempted from the visa fee. In respect of directive 2004/38/CE and national law, applicants that fall under the category of relatives are: spouse or registered partner, descendants of less than 21 years of age or incapacitated, descendants and ascendants when they economically depend on the EU citizen. Only documents issued by the authorities of a Member State certifying the relationship entitle the applicant not to pay for the fee. Such applications will be given priority. VFS is authorized to charge its usual administrative fees.
- The applicable visa fee in Dirhams is as per the current exchange rate. This is subject to quarterly review and, as a consequence, visa fee can change without notice.
- The visa fee is non-refundable
|For ease understanding and submission of document please refer to the checklist attached.|
- Application form duly filled and signed by the applicant.
- Two recent passport size color photograph (not older than 6 months).
- Photocopies of:
- Applicants UAE Visa
- Previous Schengen, USA, UK, Canada, Japan visas
- Passport not older than 10 years
- Passport’s validity minimum 90 days from the date of expiry of the requested visa
- Two blank opposite pages
- UAE Visa valid for at least 90 days from the date of expiry of the requested visa
- Covering letter for the applicant detailing purpose of trip, duration of stay and outlining travel itinerary.
- Local sponsor’s letter( N.O.C)* Form B specifying salary
*If the applicant is a partner of the local company, he has to provide Trade license and Cover Letter
- Proof of Financial means:
- Bank Statements of the last 6 months.(Original or copy stamped by the bank).
- Pay Slips of the last 6 months
- Return air ticket reservation. Tickets can also be booked and purchased on the spot thanks to an Alitalia desk located within the Visa Application Center
- Confirmed hotel booking or Letter of invitation of the Italian host(Lettera d’invito dall’Italia)
- Medical Travel Insurance
- Minimum coverage of Euro 30,000
- Inclusive of repatriation flight
- For Minors:
- Signature of both the parents is required in the Visa application form.
- Birth certificate with the parents name, parents passport copy and Air ticket.
- If the Minor is travelling unaccompanied affidavit signed by both parents and their passport copy.
Consultation Nationalities – 12 to 15 days
Non Consultation Nationalities – 3 to 5 Days