Once received by the Visa Application Centre, applications will be sent to the Embassy of Italy, Abu Dhabi the next working day and the applicant will be given an appointment for a personal Interview ( if applicable) with the Embassy of Italy in Abu Dhabi. Once the assessment is completed by the Embassy of Italy, the decision together with the passport and the other relevant documents will be available for collection from the Visa Application Centre.
Note: The processing time for assessment of a Schengen visa at the Embassy of Italy varies according to the nationality of the applicant and the period of the year in which the application is given - summer period being the slowest.
Currently, visa processing time is minimum 15 working days for all third country nationals.
Applicant’s lack of Travel plan will not fall on Embassy priority to process your visa. It is advisable to plan your travel well in advance to avoid any inconvenience.
|Visa Fees||AED 243||For each application|
|Children between 6-12 years||AED 142||For each application|
|Service Fees||AED 100||For each application|
|Premium Fees||AED 150||Optional Service|
|SMS Fees||AED 5||Optional Service|
|Courier Fees||AED 30||Optional Service|
- The applicable visa fee in AED is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice due to sudden foreign exchange fluctuations.
- Applicant shall be levied a service charge of AED 100 per application over and above visa fees.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Application form duly filled and signed by the applicant.
- Two recent passport size colour photograph (not older than 6 months).
- Photocopies of:
- Applicants UAE Visa
- Previous Schengen, USA, UK, Canada, Japan visas
- Passport not older than 10 years
- Passport’s validity minimum 90 days from the date of expiry of the requested visa
- Two blank opposite pages
- UAE Visa valid for at least 90 days from the date of expiry of the requested visa
- Covering letter for the applicant detailing purpose of trip, duration of stay and outlining travel itinerary.
- Local sponsor’s letter( N.O.C)* Form B specifying salary
*If the applicant is a partner of the local company, he has to provide Trade license and Cover Letter
- Proof of Financial means:
- Bank Statements of the last 6 months.(Original or copy stamped by the bank).
- Pay Slips of the last 6 months
- Return air ticket reservation. Tickets can also be booked and purchased on the spot thanks to an Alitalia desk located within the Visa Application Center
- Confirmed hotel booking or Letter of invitation of the Italian host
- Medical Travel Insurance
- Minimum coverage of Euro 30,000
- Inclusive of repatriation flight
- For Minors:
- Signature of both the parents is required in the Visa application form.
- Birth certificate with the parents name, parents passport copy and Air ticket.
- If the Minor is travelling unaccompanied affidavit signed by both parents and their passport copy.
- Click here for Tourist Checklist
Applicants need to submit your Application form with the new photo format, as explained below:
The photo must fulfill the norm specified by the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
- Use plain light-coloured background.
- The photo must be no more than 6-months old.
- Not tilted picture (portrait style) showing both edges of face clearly.
- Close up of the head and top of the shoulders so that the face takes up 70–80% of the photograph.
- Photo in sharp focus and clear.
The photo for each visa applicant submitted must measure:
- The picture dimensions must be 240 pixels wide by 320 pixels high at least. A smaller picture will be rejected. For instance, a photo being 235 pixels by 320 pixels is not valid.
- On the other hand, the photo should keep a proportion of 3 x 4 (width x height) within limits. However, 250 x 340 pixels picture would be valid, but not a 290 x 340 pixels one.
- Finally, the image weight (size in Kbytes) can never be bigger than 120 Kbytes. Finally, the image weight (size in Kbytes) can never be bigger than 120 Kbytes.
- An image resolution is measured in DPI (dots per inch) and it's mainly used to control printing quality. Therefore, higher resolution means better printing quality.
- Photos resolution should be 300 dpi, so, when you scan the image, check this parameter carefully. However, bear in mind that the higher the resolution, the bigger the picture.
- The only image format accepted is JPEG (Join Photograph Expert Grup Format). The other image formats such as BMP, TIFF, GIF, PNG, etc. will be rejected (a warning will be shown).
Attaching the Photo to the Application form
- Glue one photograph to the application form in the designated space.
Note : If children are traveling with their parents and are included inside the passport of the mother and/or the father, one photograph for each children MUST be glued to the application form of the father or the mother, depending on whom are they traveling with.
Please follow these instructions carefully. If the photograph presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete.
The processing time for the application at the Embassy of Italy is:
Consultation Nationalities – 12 to 15 days
Non Consultation Nationalities – 3 to 5 Days
The processing time is an indication only.
Also, please note that:
- Applicants can always be requested by the Embassy to appear for an interview.
- The Embassy reserves the right to ask for further documentation.
- Applications received by Visa Application Centre on a working day will be forwarded to the Embassy on the following working day only.
Please be advised that due to the above mentioned minimum processing time, we are not able to guarantee the return of passports by specific dates for travel.
Please be sure to submit your visa application well in advance, to avoid any inconveniences.