Once received by the Visa Application Centre , applications will be sent to the Embassy of Italy ,Abu Dhabi the next working day & the applicant will be given an appointment for a personal Interview ( if applicable) with the Embassy of Italy in Abu Dhabi. Once the assessment is completed by the Embassy of Italy, the decision together with the passport & the other relevant documents will be available for collection from the Visa Application Centre.
Note: The processing time for assessment of a Schengen visa at the Embassy of Italy varies according to the nationality of the applicant and the period of the year in which the application is given - summer period being the slowest.
Currently, visa processing time is minimum 15 working days for all third country nationals.
Applicant’s lack of Travel plan will not fall on Embassy priority to process your visa. It is advisable to plan your travel well in advance to avoid any inconvenience.
|Visa Fees||AED 300||For each application|
|Children between 6-12 years||AED 175||For each application|
|Service Fees||AED 100||For each application|
|Premium Fees||AED 150||Optional Service|
|SMS Fees||AED 5||Optional Service|
|Courier Fees||AED 30||Optional Service|
Countries with a visa facilitation agreement with the European Union and children between the ages of 6-12 years. The Schengen visa fee amounts to AED 175, for national of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Moldavia, Montenegro, Russian Federation , Serbia, Ukraine, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia(FYROM)
- Exemption of visa fee is mainly in the case of children below 6 years of age in the short term category.
- The applicable visa fee in Dirhams is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice.
- The visa fee is non-refundable
|For ease understanding and submission of document please refer to the checklist attached.|
- Application form duly filled and signed by the applicant.
- Two recent passport size color photograph.
- Original and two (2) photocopy of passport valid for 6 months and UAE visa should be valid for 3 months from the return date,
- Covering letter for the applicant detailing purpose of trip, duration of stay and outlining travel itinerary.
- Local sponsor’s letter( N.O.C)
- Proof of adequate guarantee ( original and copy)
- Salary/income slips of the last 6 months.
- Bank Statements of the last 6 months.
- Confirmed hotel booking or Letter of invitation of the Italian host (Lettera Di Invito Dall’Italia)
- Photocopy of applicant Residence Visa
- Photocopy of previous Schengen, USA and UK visas
- Return air ticket reservation. Tickets can also be booked and purchased on the spot thanks to an Alitalia desk located within the Visa Application Center
- Medical Travel Insurance
- Minimum coverage of Euro 30,000
- Inclusive of repatriation flight
- In case of a minor traveling unaccompanied or with only one of the parents
- Affidavit signed by both parents and copy of parents passports
- For all the Minors under the age of 18 years we require Birth Certificate with Father and Mother’s name.
- The photograph must be in color.
- It should be without border.
- It should have white background only so that features are distinguishable and in contrast against the background.
- It should have a close up of your head and top of your shoulders so that your face takes up 70-80% of the photograph.
- It should be in sharp focus and clear.
- It should be of high quality with no ink marks and creases.
- The photograph must show you looking directly at the camera.
- It should be 4 cm X 5 cm.
- It should show your skin tone naturally.
- It should have appropriate brightness and contrast.
- The photograph should be a recent one not more than 6 months old.
- Photograph can be taken with headgear, The main characteristics of the face must be apparent from the photograph. Chin, nose, eyes and eyebrows must not be covered; the forehead should be uncovered to the extent that the shape of the face is apparent.
- It should be without hat/cap.
- It should be without the applicant's hair tucked behind his/her ears.
- The photograph must show facing square on to the camera, not looking over the shoulder or tilted, and showing both edges of the face clearly.
- It should be taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows or flash reflections on the face and no red eye
- If wearing glasses the photograph must show the eyes clearly with no flash reflection off the glasses and no tinted lenses (if possible, avoid heavy frames – lighter framed glasses to be worn). Make sure the frame does not cover any part of the eye.
- The photograph must show alone (no chair backs, toys or other people visible) looking at the camera with a neutral expression and the mouth closed.
- The photograph should not have any staple marks.
- Scanned & color photocopies would NOT be accepted.
Consultation Nationalities – 12 to 15 days
Non Consultation Nationalities – 3 to 5 Days