Tourist Visa (C)
Tourist visa is granted for those where the intention is to visit Italy for tourism and sightseeing.
(Maximum duration of stay: 90 days)
Applicants falling under this category must book an appointment to submit their visa application and have their biometric data registered at VFS Visa Application Center on their chosen appointment date and time.
Please click here to book the appointment.
|Tourist Visa (type C)||60||2,280|
- In addition to the fees paid for the visa, an additional charge of THB 361 (including VAT) is applied for each visa application. Furthermore, if at the time of the submission the request was chosen the option of Special Courier Service for the return of the passport with a visa, the cost of the carrier amounts to THB 220 (including VAT). In cases where a visa is not granted, the passport must be picked up in person at the Visa Section of the Italian Embassy and the amount will not be refunded.
- All Fees would be collected in cash at the application submission counter.
Note: In case of failure to grant the visa, the amount paid is not under any circumstances refundable.
- Applicants must pay a visa fee for the equivalent of Euro 60 in local currency Baht at the exchange rate set by the Embassy that can change periodically. Currently the cost of visa is Baht 2,280.
- For children between six and twelve years of age, the visa fees amounts to the equivalent of 35 Euro (1,330 THB) in Baht at the exchange rate set by the Embassy that can change periodically.
- The visa fee shall be waived for applicants belonging to one of the following categories:
- children under six years of age;
- Spouses of Italian or EU / EEA citizens.
Please check the following link to understand the documentation required for the Italy Tourist Visa.
Please click here to see the list of documents that can be fulfilled directly at our visa application center for your convenience.
In case the applicant is traveling with an organized tour led by a travel agency please refer to the following checklist:
Note: The photographs submitted must meet with these specifications.
Please provide two recent photographs (not more than 6 months old) of yourself. The photographs should be in color and:
- Taken against a light background (white or off-white) so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background.
- Clear share quality and with the face in focus.
- Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print).
- Full face, non-smiling [without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering, unless the applicant wears such items because of their religious belief or ethnic background].
- Please stick (not stapled) one Photograph on the Visa Application Form and the second photograph to be handed over separately along with the documentation during submission at the visa application center.
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete.
Application for a Schengen (short-term) visa can be filed within 90 days preceding the planned trip. Applications are in most cases reviewed within 5 working days. In individual cases, the review period can be extended up to 30 days and more at the discretion of the Embassy of Italy for any reason. It is recommended not to file a visa application later than 15 days before the trip, as it cannot be otherwise guaranteed it will be reviewed in time.
Visa Application Centre has no right to influence anyhow the processing time of visa applications as well to accelerate the application.
Please note that you may be required to appear before a Visa Officer for a personal interview at the Italian Embassy prior to a decision being taken on your application. The Embassy also reserves the right to ask for additional supporting documents during the visa application process. Applicants are requested to read the information on this site carefully. The guidelines listed on this site helps you to prepare your documents as accurately as possible. This will reduce the chances of your application being incomplete or delayed.