Tourist Visa ©
If you plan to go to Italy as a tourist for a period not to exceed 90 days and your country is not on the list of Countries non requiring a Schengen Visa , you need a Schengen travel visa (Visa C). This visa is not a work permit.
Kindly note that the period from the date of submission of visa application at VFS center until the intended arrival date in Schengen area must not exceed 90 calendar days.
|Tourist Visa (type C)||60||1,600,000|
- In addition to the visa fees, VFS Global will apply a surcharge of 370,000 VND (including VAT) is applied for each visa application presented at the VFS Center. For more convenient, the applicant can choose a “special courier service” for the return of the passport for an additional cost of 35,000 VND within Ho Chi Minh City/ Da Nang and 65,000 VND outside Ho Chi Minh/ Da Nang (including VAT).
- All Fees would be collected in Cash at the application submission counter.
- Applicants must pay a visa fee for the equivalent of Euro 60 in local currency VND at the exchange rate set by the Embassy that can change periodically. Currently the cost of visa is 1,600,000 VND
- For children between six and twelve years, the visa fees amounting to the equivalent of 35 Euro ( 950,000 VND) at the exchange rate set by the Embassy that can change periodically
- The visa fee shall be waived for applicants belonging to one of the following categories:
- children under six years;
- all kind of study visa. ( Special cases with permission of the Italian Consulate)
- The visa fee may be waived for ( Special cases with permission of the Italian Consulate):
- children from the age of six years and below the age of 12 years;
- holder of diplomatic and service passports
- participants aged 25 years or less in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events, organized by non-profit organizations;
Spouse and child of citizen of EU or EEA.
- For applicants’ convenience, VFS provides additional services to support applicants in the process of their visa application with VFS. Please “click here”
Note: In case the visa will be refuse the fees paid will not be refunded.
All of documents must be translated in English. (If you apply in Danang, All the translations in English or Italian of the Vietnamese documents shall be done by Justice Committee Division in Danang)
The applicant must present the original and a true copy of each document at VFS for your visa application submission.
In order to facilitate the submission process, please kindly arrange your papers into the following order
- Checklist for Tourist Visa (Download here). The applicant needs to print out this checklist and sign to submit along with the visa application.
- Visa Application Form: accurately fulfilled and signed by the applicant ( Download here)
- 2 photos of the applicant (4x6 or 3.5x4.5, white background)
- Original passport, valid for at least three months after visa expiry date, containing at least 2 blank pages
- Airline booking confirmation. This booking needs to be sent directly from the airline company with contacts and logo, and provide all the necessary information of the flight(s). In case of traveling to more than 1 Schengen member country, you will be required to submit your itinerary and proof of transportation for the entire period in Schengen area, such as flight booking, train or coach booking, etc… Name of applicant(s) need to be shown on all booking (s).
- A copy of Travel Insurance, valid for all countries in the Schengen States, for the whole period of stay with minimum coverage of Euro 30.000 (*).
- If your duration of stay in Schengen States is less than 7 days, you will be required to buy travel insurance valid for a minimum period of 7 days, counting from the day of arrival in Schengen territory. For example, you intend to stay in Schengen States from 20 January to 23 January 2015 (4 days), and then you need to buy a travel insurance validated from 20 January to 26 January 2015 (7 days).
- If your duration of stay in Schengen States is from 7 days or more, you will be required to buy a travel insurance validated in the entire duration of stay plus to 2 extra days, , counting from the day of arrival in Schengen territory. For example, if you intend to stay in Schengen States from 20 January to 26 January 2015 (7 days), then you need to buy a travel insurance validated from 20 to 28 January 2015 (9 days).
(*) Note: If you buy travel insurance with minimum coverage of 30,000 Euro, the insurance agency should confirm minimum coverage is 30,000 Euro; if they state that maximum coverage is 30,000 Euro, you need to require the insurance agency to correct it as above request; otherwise, you have to upgrade your insurance with higher coverage than 30,000 Euro
- Copy of proof of accommodation during the ENTIRE stay in Schengen area
- Hotel booking (s). Name of applicant(s) need to be shown on the hotel booking (s). The date on flight booking and hotel booking must be chronologically matched. For example, if you intend to depart on 20 January 2015, and arrive in Italy on 21 January 2015, and you will leave Italy on 28 January 2015, in this case, your hotel booking in Italy must be checked in on 21 January 2015 and checked out on 28 January 2015. We will not accept a hotel booking with the check-in date and check-out date earlier or later than your departure and arrival even 1 day. In case applicants book hotel(s) on Airbnb.com, the hotel(s) where you reserved accommodation must have to send booking confirmation(s) directly to Consulate General of Italy in Ho Chi Minh City via email address email@example.com
- Noted: In case of staying in a private accommodation in Italy or in any other Member State(s), a fulfilled “Proof of Sponsorship and/or private accommodation” form (download here).
In case the person who wrote the invitation does not hold Italian / European citizenship but only a temporary residence card, the invitation must be affixed with a signature by the ward / commune where the invitor is residing. The applicant need to submit the original letter accompanied by a photocopy of the house lease contract and passport of the invitor.
In case the person who wrote the invitation has Italian / European citizenship, he/she only needs to send a scanned invitation which bears the invitor’s signature, accompanied with the photocopy of his/her passport or identity card to the Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City via firstname.lastname@example.org or fax +84 8 38275444. The applicant will present a hard copy of the above-mentioned papers upon submission at VFS.
- In case of employee:
- A notarized copy of valid labor contract
- Original pay slips of last 6 months
- Original annual leave consent from your employer.
- In case of employer:
- A notarized copy in Vietnamese of Business Registration/ Investment License must be certified and legalized at Ho Chi Minh Department for Foreign Affairs (Address: 6 Alexandre De Rhodes, Dist 1, HCMC). We will not accept a Business License copy which has been certified at any other Department for Foreign Affairs.
- A notarized copy of TAX/ Payment to State Budget ( last 6 months/ 2 last quarters)
- In case of retirement:
- A notarized copy of retirement decision
- A notarized copy of retirement card
- A notarized copy of pension book
- In case of student:
- A notarized copy of student card
- Original confirmation letter from school
- Original absence consent from your school.
- In case of freelancer or unemployed:
- We will accept your application without submitting the mentioned documents in number 8. In these cases, we advise you to provide an explanation letter regarding to your monthly/annual income.
- o Last 6 months bank statement. (Original one with seal from the bank). The bank statement should be created maximum only 2 or 3 days before the date when you submit your application at VFS center. For example, if you intend to submit your visa application on 20 Jan 2015, you will be advised to submit your bank statement from 01 July 2014 until 18 or 20 Jan 2015. In case your monthly salary is transferred via banking, you will be required to submit the salary bank statement. For your convenience, please, consider the “Subsistence table for the duration of stay”(Download here), the table does not take into account hotel expenses and travel tickets.
- Notarized copy of bank saving book/ Bank Account Verification (if any)
- Notarized copy of vehicle registration (if any)
- Notarized copy of house/land registration documents, tenancy agreement/ mortgage statement (if any)
- Notarized copy of certification of shareholder ship (if any)
- Bank guarantee certificate from sponsor in Italy ( if required from the Consulate General of Italy in Ho Chi Minh City)
- For applicants holding NON Vietnamese passport: A notarized copy of work permit and/or temporary residence permit is required.
- A notarized copy of household registration
- A notarized copy of birth certificate*/ marriage certificate/ divorce certificate/ single certificate/ death certificate.
(* Applicant under 18 years old is required to provide a birth certificate in Vietnamese version with notarized stamp and legalized stamp at Ho Chi Minh Department for Foreign Affairs-Address: 6 Alexandre De Rhodes, Dist 1, HCMC)
- For minors (under 18 years) traveling with only one parent:
- original parental consent letter
- notarized copy of valid ID card or passport of the absent parent;
- the minor’s birth certificate in Vietnamese version with notarized stamp and legalized stamp at Ho Chi Minh Department for Foreign Affairs-Address: 6 Alexandre De Rhodes, Dist 1, HCMC ;
- Authorization of the change of the surname (if changed).
- For more information on how to acquire a parental consent letter, please contact the Consulate General of Italy in Ho Chi Minh City via email email@example.com. Noted: The parental consent letter need to be submitted along with the visa application at VFS, hence we advise you should contact to the Consulate General of Italy in Ho Chi Minh City for the parental consent letter 2 weeks before your appointment schedule at VFS.
- All applicants need to book an appointment with us on our website click here
- All copies of documents in Vietnamese must be notarized/ certified and accurately translated into English/ Italian. The translations do not need to be certified by any translation services.
- If you would like to apply for a multiple visa, you need to prove you have had at least 3 Schengen visas when you submit your visa application. This is mandatory requirement from the Consulate; however, the last decision will belong to the Consulate General of Italy in Ho Chi Minh City.
- The required documents are applied for general case. VFS and the Consulate General of Italy in Ho Chi Minh City may require the applicant to provide more documents depend on the applicant’s personal situation. And the submission of the above documents does not guarantee the granting of a visa, but they are required in conformity with the Italy’s immigration regulations, and that the Consulate reserves itself the right to ask for supplementary documents if needed.
Regulation about the Italy visa application center:
If the applicant is residing in one of the 22 below listed provinces and cities (based on the household book) : Thừa Thiên-Huế, Đà Nẵng, Quảng Nam, Quảng Ngãi, Bình Định, Phú Yên, Khánh Hòa, Ninh Thuận, Bình Thuận, Bình Dương, Đồng Nai, Hồ Chí Minh, Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu, Long An, Tiền Giang, Cần Thơ, Vĩnh Long, Bến Tre, Hậu Giang, Trà Vinh, Bạc Liêu, Cà Mau, please submit your visa application at VFS, Schengen Visa Application Center, 94-96 Nguyễn Du, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City or Schengen Visa Application Center, 5 Floor, 218 Bach Dang Street, Phuoc Ninh Ward, Hai Chau District, Danang City.
If the applicant is not residing in one of the above provinces and cities, but is currently working at one of the 22 above-mentioned provinces and cities (based on your labor contract), you will be accepted to submit your visa application at VFS, Schengen Visa Application Center, 94-96 Nguyễn Du, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City or Schengen Visa Application Center, 5 Floor, 218 Bach Dang Street, Phuoc Ninh Ward, Hai Chau District, Danang City.
If the applicant is not residing in any of the above listed provinces and cities, please submit your visa application at theEmbassy of Italy, no 9 Lê Phụng Hiểu, Hoàn Kiếm District, Hà Nội.
For other special cases, we only accept your visa application at VFS Schengen VAC with the consent from General Consulate of Italy.
Please be advised that the above regulation will not apply for applicants who are tourists of Travel Agencies.Thank you!
- For Photo Specifications Click Here
Applications shall be decided on within 15 calendar days of the date of the lodging of an application which is admissible. The period may be extended up to 30 days. After applying for your visa, you will not be able to borrow your passport back while your visa application is being processed.
|To download the Visa Application Form, Click Here|
To Download a Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.