Employees of the approved enterprises list with work permits
If you are planning a longer stay (more than 90 days for up to 12 months) in Lithuania, you need to apply for a Long-Stay National Visa D.
Visa Application Centers accept the documents for such categories of applicants:
- EMPLOYEES OF THE APPROVED COMPANIES LIST WITH WORK PERMITS
Applications of other categories of applicants for a National Visa D are accepted at the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania in Kyiv, 21 Buslivska str., 01901 Kyiv, UKRAINE
At the Visa Application Centers (VAC) in Ukraine a multi-entry national visa (D) may be issued to an alien:
- who arrives to the Republic of Lithuania to work and has a labour permit issued to the alien by the Lithuanian Labour Exchange under the Ministry of Social Security and Labour of the Republic of Lithuania;
- who arrives to the Republic of Lithuania to work and has a profession which is included in the list of the most in-demand jobs according to economic activities approved by the Director of the Lithuanian Labour Exchange;
- who arrives to the Republic of Lithuania for seasonal work and has a permit for seasonal work lasting longer than 90 days issued to the alien by the Lithuanian Labour Exchange under the Ministry of Social Security and Labour of the Republic of Lithuania;
- who has an extended permit for seasonal work if the overall period of employment exceeds 90 days, or an alien who has submitted an application for a new or extended permit for seasonal work;
- who is indicated in paragraph 1, 2, 3 and 4, and is a citizen of a country included in the lists of Council Regulation (EC) No. 539/2001 of 15 March 2001 listing the third countries whose nationals must be in possession of visas when crossing the external borders and those whose nationals are exempt from that requirement (OJ 2004 Special Edition, Chapter 19, Volume 4, p. 65), with the latest amendments made in accordance with Regulation (EU) No. 2017/850 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 May 2017 (OJ 2017 E 133, p. 1), Annex II, or a country to which the national visa exemptions (facilitations) of the Republic of Lithuania apply unilaterally or in accordance with international agreements, and who arrives to a legal entity included in the Approved Entities List;
Approved Entities List: here.
Third countries whose nationals are exempt from the requirement to be in possession of Schengen visas (C) when crossing the external borders (Annex II): https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:02001R0539-20170611
Application can be submitted after making a prior appointment only.
Under Article 1 of the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Lithuania and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on tariffs of consular fee, the consular fee for the examination of an application for national long-stay visa shall not be collected from Ukrainian citizens.
According to the Resolution No. 1077 “On the Decision not to Collect a Consular Fee for the Processing of Applications for National Visas for the Citizens of the Republic of Belarus” of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania of September 14, 2011, the consular fee for the examination of an application for national visa shall not be collected from citizens of the Republic of Belarus.
Service Fee and Services
|CHARGE TYPE||AMOUNT (V.A.T. INCLUDED)||REMARKS (IF ANY)|
|Service Fee per applicant||14,99 EUR||Payable cash in Hryvnia|
|Courier Fee||150 UAH||Optional Service|
|Courier for the family||135 UAH||Optional Service|
|Delivery of documents to the courier service department||125 UAH||Optional Service|
|The price of a person’s photo in the cab||50 UAH||Optional Service|
|Form Filling Fee||75 UAH||Optional Service|
|Printing services||10 UAH||Optional Service|
|SMS Service||30 UAH||Optional Service|
|Photocopy service||2,50 UAH||Optional Service|
|Travel insurance||As per tariff||Optional Service|
All paid consular and service fees are non-refundable despite of the decision.
The handling fees can change without prior notice.
EMPLOYEES OF THE APPROVED COMPANIES LIST WITH WORK PERMITS
Coordinated checklist for supporting documents to be submitted by the applicants together with an application for a national visa in Ukraine
List of general requirements (applies only to the employees invited by the companies from the approved list of companies ):
2 Applicable to citizens of the country included in the lists of Annex No. 2 of the Council Regulation (EC) No 539/2001 of 15 March 2001, listing the third countries whose nationals must have visas when crossing the external borders and those whose nationals are exempt from that requirement (OL Special Edition 2004, Chapter 19, Volume 4, p. 65), with last modifications in the Regulation (EU) No 2017/850 of the European Parliament and of the Council (OL 2017 L 133, p.1) of 17 May 2017, or a country to which national visa exemptions are applied by Lithuania unilaterally or in accordance with international agreements.
- An application for a national visa in the established form (D)
- A valid travel document (foreign passport)
- The Ukrainian citizen’s internal passport
- One photo of the person
Filled in with measures of electronic filing and submission of application (at the address https://visa.vrm.lt/epm/pages/applications/applicationEdit.xhtml).
Printed and signed.
The document must be issued within the last ten years; its period of validity must be at least 3 months longer than the period of validity of the visa applied for.
The applicant must submit all the existing foreign passports.
The applicant must provide a copy of the passport information page and the pages with the entries and visas.
Ukrainian citizens present an internal passport of a Ukrainian citizen and a copy of the pages of this document with their records.
Citizens of other countries must submit documents confirming their legal status in Ukraine (residence permit in Ukraine or other documents).
- Actual (made no earlier than 6 months ago)
- Colour and printed on photo paper
- Size - 3.5 x 4.5 cm
- The face must occupy 70-80 % of the area
- The face from the chin to the upper head should occupy 31-36 mm
- The background is white and monochrome
- The person in the photo must be without sunglasses
- The person in the photo must be free of headwear or other items that cover the head except for the obligatory religious headwear.
- Glasses cannot have darkened lenses
- The picture cannot have any lighting effect
- Eyewear should not cover eyes
- The mouth in the picture must be completely closed.
Must meet the requirements for health insurance of foreigners established in Articles 61 and 17 (7) of the Law on the Legal Status of Foreigners of the Republic of Lithuania:
The foreigner’s health insurance must guarantee:
reimbursement of expenses for emergency medical aid;
reimbursement of expenses that may arise due to the returning of a foreigner to a foreign country for health reasons (transportation, including the escorting by a personal health care professional (specialists)).
Must be valid the entire period of stay of a foreigner in the Republic of Lithuania.
Must be valid in all Schengen countries
The sum of the insured must be at least EUR 30,000.
Example of the mediation letter you may find: here
If a company manager (or authorized person) doesn’t have techniqual opportunities for applying mediation letter with a help of information system of electronic services in that case the intermediary letter has to be applied in original with the application for multiple national visa. In this case signature of the company manager ( or authorized person) has to be verified notary and actual excerpt from the register of legal entities with access key to electronic certified excerpts has to be applied (ESI). The paper form of mediation letter / request for national visa “D” has to be signed and fastened with a stamp (in the presence; if the stamp is not used it has to be mentioned in the application form) on each page.
Mediation letter has to be not older then a month before the application day for multiple national visa and it has to include all the period of staying in Lithuanian Republic with multiple national visa.
Data, has to be mentioned in intermediary list:
- The name, legal form, legal address, code, VAT payer code (if the institution, enterprise or organization is a value added tax payer), the actual address and contact details of the host legal entity.
- The name of the organization applying mediation list( The Embassy of Lithuanian Republic in Ukraine)
- Date, number and place of the mediation letter
- Name and surname, citizenship, date of birth, place of birth and address of the foreign residence abroad.
- Purpose of travel to Lithuanian Republic
- The dates of arrival of a foreigner to the Republic of Lithuania and departure from the Republic of Lithuania or the intended period of stay of a foreigner in the Republic of Lithuania.
- Address of the residence in which the foreigner will live.
Obligations of the host person (institution, company or organization):
- to provide proper housing to a foreigner at the time of his stay in the Republic of Lithuania on a visa
- if necessary, cover the expenses of a foreigner for a residence permit and accommodation for a stay in the Republic of Lithuania on a visa, as well as expenses for the return or deportation of a foreigner to the state of origin or to another state to which he is entitled to travel
- to employ a foreigner according to the sphere of activity in which the adopted person has the right to engage in activities or to create conditions for the foreigner to engage in activities for which he will apply for the issuance of a national multiple-entry visa
- to ensure that a foreigner for a period of stay in the Republic of Lithuania on a national visa is insured with health insurance that meets the requirements of Article 61 and Part 7 of Article 17 of the Law of the Republic of Lithuania "On the Legal Status of Foreigners"
- In the case of scarce occupations, the working function of the foreigner has to be mentioned in the host party (institution, company or organization), the size of the wage in euro and the expected start of work of the foreigner
The names of the professions in all documents must be indicated precisely and in accordance with the list of professions approved by the Director of the Lithuanian Labor Exchange, according to the types of economic activity, whose staff is not sufficient in the Republic of Lithuania.
The full package of documents has to be provided by the applicant himself. The Embassy examines the application. Additional information has to be provided by the applicants themselves. Information about the consideration of documents is not provided to third parties
An applicant also have to present the printed Letter of Mediation from the Information System of Electronic Services (https://epis.vrm.lt/epis/) (EPIS) to the VAC staff, original is not required. The Employer can print it out of the system (EPIS), scan it and email it to the employee. The Letter of Mediation have to be exactly the same as in the system (EPIS).
a work permit issued by the Lithuanian Labour Exchange under the Ministry of Social Security and Labour to work in the Republic of Lithuania (original or a copy certified in accordance with the procedure established by legal acts)
Documents for a national (D) visa are submited in person.
Note. The list of approved companies is constantly updated. Every day, before starting the acceptance of documents in VAC, the latest version of the list must be checked on the website of the Migration Department under the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Lithuania at the website http://www.migracija.lt/index.php?1840918760 .
A Photograph submitted with the application form should comply with the following specifications:
- Must be an up to date photograph (not more than 6 months old)
- Must be a colour photograph printed on normal photographic paper
- Should be passport sized 3,5 х 4,5 сm
- Face should take 70-80% of the photograph
- The size of the face from the bottom of your chin to the hairline must be between 31mm and 36mm
- The background shall be plain and light coloured
- Without sunglasses
- Without hat or other head covering unless you wear this for religious reasons
- Spectacles should not have toned or reflecting glasses
- The picture cannot have any lighting effect
- The frame of the spectacles may not cover the eyes
- The mouth must be closed
Please note that photos that do not comply with these standards are not accepted.
Processing procedure and time are solely of competence of the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania to Ukraine. The decision to issue a national visa is usually taken within 7 calendar days from the date of the application form and all other duly prepared documents were submitted to the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania. In individual cases, examination of the application may be extended to 30 or 60 calendar days.
Application Forms must be filled in completely (English or Lithuanian languages only) and must be signed by the applicant himself/herself.
Please download and fill in Personal Data Agreement. The Personal Data Agreement is also available at Visa Application Centres. To download Personal Data Agreement, please click here. Please note that Personal Data Agreement must be signed by the applicant in person.
Effective 26 May 2014 Visa Application Centre will be introducing the Form Filling service for the convenience of the applicants at the VAC. The service is purely optional and the applicants may avail this service at a nominal price of UAH 75 (all taxes included). Please contact the VAC staff to know more about the Form Filling service.