Applicants for a seaman’s visa must be employed in any capacity on board a vessel, and seeking to enter Malta solely in pursuit of his/her calling as a seaman, with the intention of departing with the vessel or reshipping on other vessel that is bound for a foreign port or place or one coming to the Malta to join a vessel in this country.
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in INR||Visa Fee in Euro|
|Schengen Visa (Adult)||4,800||60|
|Schengen Visa (Child between 06-12 years of age)||2800||35|
- The applicable visa fee in Indian Rupee is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without any prior notice.
- The visa fee and VFS charges are payable in Cash, Visa, Master Card and Rupay
- Applicants will be charged 1844/- INR (All VFS’s service charges are inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST @9%) per application with biometrics
- There is an optional courier facility available at 450/- INR (All VFS’s service charges are inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST @9%) per passport.
- There is an optional SMS service available at 120/- INR ( All VFS’s service charges are inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST @9%) per application.
- The Premium Service Lounge facility is available at the cost of Rs.2000/- ( All VFS’s service charges are inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST @9%) per application. This charge is in addition to the visa application fee.
Please note that VFS Charges (Logistics, Courier, SMS fee) are non-refundable
For Applicants applying from Nepal
- The only acceptable method of payment for Visa Fees is by Demand Draft in Indian Rupees (INR). Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of "High Commission of the Republic of Malta", and be payable at New Delhi. It is subject to change every month end.
- The visa fee is non-refundable.
There is a service charge of NPR 3840 /- (30 Euro's) and two way mandatory courier service of NPR 1920/- (15 Euro's) (It will be accepted only in Cash)
Note : “Any demand draft having contradicting MICR number or incorrect information shall not be acceptable”
- The applicable visa fee is in Indian Rupees is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice.
|Please click here for the documents|
Your passport must not be older than 10 years Your passport must have at least TWO BLANK PAGES to affix the visa.
- The Visa application form must be complete & duly signed by the applicant.
- Please ensure that you have photocopies of all your documents in equal number as the number of applications. For e.g. For 4 applicants there should be 4 copies of the sponsorship letter & other docs.
- Please keep two photocopies of the passport ready before you reach the counter.
- Please keep the exact amount of change for the visa fee & VFS logistic fee ready with you.
- Please fill out the courier address & SMS request slip in order to avail of the mentioned services.
- A COPY of the all the documents should be attached in EACH application.
- The Applicants/ Travel Agents/ Representatives are requested to fill the checklist and bring it along with the documents
- Adhaar card (along with a photocopy)
Applicants Photograph will be captured at the VFs center as a part of his biometrics process. However applicants are instructed to carry one photograph along with them as per specification while they submit their application.
Children below the age of 1year need not be present in the Vac for biometrics process. However two photograph of the child needs to be submitted along with the application for further processing. Photo specification are given in the below link :
|Click here for the photo specification|
To Download a Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.
APPLY UPTO 3 MONTHS IN ADVANCE!
Visa applications 3 months before the planned travel day.
Since we are experiencing a huge increase in applications we strongly recommend that you apply at least 4 weeks prior to departure to enable us to process your application in time for your departure date.
Visa related queries must be addressed to VFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd. Queries submitted to the High Commission will not be answered. (Contact details for VFS available below.)
If VFS do not have the answer VFS will forward your query to the Embassy on a priority basis.
You can follow the status of your application via the VFS ‘tracking option’ .
The High Commission is experiencing a huge increase in applications, and while we assure you of our best to process your visa application on time for your travel, the processing time may take 3 weeks. Furthermore, please note that the days are counted from the day the application reaches the High Commission, and not from the date it is submitted to VFS. Kindly allow an additional 3-6 days of transmission between VFS/High Commission and return to VFS. Kindly ensure that: (i) your application is complete, (ii) any amendments/correction must be counter-signed by applicant; (iii) missing supporting documents will obviously result in delays and extending the processing time.
If you have questions and cannot find the information on our website, you can contact VFS Global http://www.vfsglobal.com/malta/india/ .
VFS Helpline Details
Contact Number: 022 67866005 (08:00 – 17:00) Monday to Friday
E-mail ID: email@example.com
Your correspondence should include:
- Your full name
- Date of Birth
- Passport number
- Telephone number
Apply well in advance and ensure your application is complete.