EU Guidelines Application
Directive 2004/38/EC governs visa exemptions and visa facilitation for family members of EU/EEA and Swiss nationals who are exercising (or have exercised) their right of free movement. The Directive states that in some situations, family members of EU-EEA citizens are entitled to relaxed (Free of charge and Accelerated) visa requirements under European Parliament and Council Directive 2004/38/EC. This page documents the requirements for this special 'Short stay visa for family members of EU-EEA citizens'.
You are only eligible to apply for a short stay visa for family members of EU-EEA citizens if you satisfy all of the following requirements:
- You are a family member of an EA-EEA citizen.
- You are joining/visiting this EU-EEA citizen.
- This EU-EEA citizen currently exercises or has recently exercised his or her right to move and reside freely within the EU-EEA members states (for example by moving in/to or residing in an EU-EEA member state that is different from his or her nationality).
A Dutch national who resides in the Netherlands is not exercising his right of free movement.
If you intend to stay in the Netherlands for more than 90 days, and you are a family member of an EU/ EEA or Swiss citizen and you yourself do not hold an EU/EEA or Swiss nationality, you may apply for verification against EU Law and request the issue of a certificate of lawful residence. To request this certificate (document) you must meet certain requirements. Detailed information about the procedure to apply for verification against EU law and requesting issuance of a certificate of lawful residence at the Immigration Service in the Netherlands is published on: https://ind.nl/en/other/eu-eea/Pages/Family-member-with-different-nationality.aspx.”
Visa fees applicable are listed in the table below:-
Visa Fee in Euros
Visa Fee in INR
Children (between 6 - 12 Years)
The applicable visa fee in Indian Rupees is as per the current exchange rate. The fees need to be paid in cash and are subject to change without prior notice.
- VFS Logistics INR 1040/- (inclusive of 15% tax)
- Optional Service – Courier @ INR 300/- per applicant (inclusive of 15% tax)
- Optional Service – Premium Lounge @ INR 2000/- per applicant (inclusive of 15% tax) Optional Service – SMS @ INR 81/- per applicant (inclusive of 15% tax)
Please note if you have not intimated staff at the time of submission that you would want to collect the passport from VFS Centre in New Delhi, additional amount INR 300/- will be charged per applicant
All fees should be paid in advance and are non-refundable.
Click here for the documents required
- There is no legal right to a visa.
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed and will not be accepted for submission.
- No visa will be issued on additional pages of a passport.
- Supporting documents from a referee must be included with the application for the visa and must not be sent directly to the Embassy of The Netherlands.
- All copies of documents must be photocopied and in A4 size paper.
- Each application must be supported by a copy of all the requisite documents.
- The above list of requirements is not final. In individual, cases further documents may also be requested for.
- If the applicant is below the age of 18 years, birth certificate needs to be submitted along with all the other documents. Incase birth certificate is not in English, its English translation attested by a Notary will be required
Embassy will take maximum of 15 calendar days to provide the applicant with a decision on the visa application
|Short Stay Visa Application Form|
Please be informed that the applicants might be contacted directly by the Embassy for information regarding additional documents or interview request through e-mail or phone. Therefore, please ensure that details are written in correct and readable format. It is also advisable to write the e-mail address in BLOCK LETTERS.
We humbly request you to adhere to this instruction to avoid delay in the visa processing.