This visa is solely for the purpose of leisure travel including vacationing, cruising, sightseeing and other recreational activities. If during any portion of your visit to the Netherlands, you intend to engage in business, or official duties, you must refer to other relevant visa categories.
When you receive your visa, please read it carefully and inform the Netherlands Visa Application Center if you find an error. Correction of any errors discovered after leaving the Visa Application Center will require new visa registration and payment of new handling fee. The validity of your visa indicates the dates between which you should enter AND leave the Schengen Territory.
The length of your stay in the Schengen area is limited to the number of days indicated on your visa, even if your visa-sticker has a longer validity. If you overstay, you risk a two year visa sanction for all Schengen countries.
When a visa is valid for more than six months, the duration of stays is 90 days in every 180-day period. If you get a multiple entry visa you may leave and return any number of times within the 180-day period, but the combined stay within the region must not total more than 90 days.
Application for a Minor
If you are applying for a Schengen visa for a minor, on the application day you also have to bring the original Birth Certificate of the minor and a copy of the identity papers (with the signature) of both parents. Both of the parents of the minor have to attend the application to sign in front of the submission officer. If one or both of the parents cannot attend on the application day, they have to submit a Notarial letter signed by the parent or parents who are unable to attend the application appointment.
If you are applying for a Schengen visa for a minor who will be travelling alone or with 1 parent, you also have to submit a declaration of consent from both parents, stating that the minor has permission to travel.
If relevant also bring a court judgment stating which parent has been allocated parental responsibility for the minor and a declaration from the minor’s school consenting to their absence.
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in €||Visa Fee in THB|
|Schengen Visa normal tariff||60||2,320|
|Schengen visa child under 6 Years||Free||Free|
|Schengen visa child between 6 - 11 Years||35||1,350|
- All visa fees are subject to change without notice.
- These fees are non-refundable.
- The applicable Schengen Visa handling fee is in Thai Baht is as per the current exchange rate in accordance with local Schengen partners
- The Visa fees can be paid in cash only.
- In addition VFS service fee of THB 970 per application will need to be paid at the Visa Application Centre in cash.
The Schengen visa fee will be waived for applicants belonging to one of the following categories:
- Children under 6 years;
- School pupils, students, postgraduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake stays for the purpose of study or educational training;
- Researchers from third countries travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research as defined in Recommendation No 2005/761/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 28 September 2005 to facilitate the issue by the Member States of uniform short-stay visas for researchers from third countries travelling within the Community for the purpose of carrying out scientific research;
- Representatives of non-profit organisations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organised by non-profit organisations.
The Schengen visa fee may be waived for:
- holders of diplomatic and service passports;
- participants aged 25 years or less in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events, organised by non-profit organisations.
Low Tariff Schengen Visa Fee (€ 35) applies for citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kosovo and Russia and for non-biometric passport holders from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Georgia and Ukraine (biometric passport holders have their fee waived).
Please click here for a complete list of required documents.
For more information about the list of medical insurance companies accepted by the Embassy, click here.
- Print out of the APPOINTMENT LETTER has to be carried to the Netherlands/ VFS Netherlands Visa Application Centre at the time of applying for the Visa.
- The following documentation is required to be submitted on the day of application. The documents can be in English or Dutch. Documents in any other language should be accompanied with an authorized translation.
- Non Thai citizen residing in Thailand must present proof of a long stay visa, work permit or resident permit that is valid for at least 3 months after departure from Schengen. Only legal residents in Thailand can request a Schengen visa from VFS or the Netherlands Embassy in Bangkok.
Please click here for more information on photo specifications.
The legal processing time for a Schengen visa is 15 calendar days. Applicants are strongly advised to make an appointment well in advance of the travel date so that their application is submitted at VFS at least 3 to 4 weeks before the travel date but no earlier than three (3) months prior to their departure to the Netherlands. Please be aware that in the run-up to holidays (generally the period March up to and including July) and festive seasons the waiting time to get an appointment increases considerably.
In individual cases the processing time may be extended from 15 days up to a maximum of 30 or 60 days. After applying for your visa, you will not be able to borrow your passport back while your visa application is being processed.
Also, kindly only make travel plans that you can cancel until your passport has been returned to you.