Children whose parents live in Norway are entitled to go to Norway to live with them provided that certain criteria are met.
Requirements of the parents
- Both parents live in Norway and have legal residence here, or
- One of the parents lives in Norway and has sole parental responsibility, or
- One of the parents lives in Norway and the other parent has agreed to the child moving to Norway (if they have joint parental responsibility)
If the case concerns an adopted child, the Norwegian Directorate of Children, Youth and Family Affairs must have agreed to the adoption before the child enters Norway
For more information about family immigration, please click here
Note that this is only applicable for Norway applicants. For Estonia, Iceland, Finland and Sweden, please get in touch with their nearest Embassy or directly with their Ministry.
For the complete list of visa fees for residence permit, please click here.
Aside from the visa fee, VFS will collect a service fee of Php 1,580.00 for each visa application. VFS accepts payment in cash at the Norway counter in VFS during your appointment date.
Applicants exempted from paying the Visa Fee:
- Children under 6 years
- School pupils, students, post-graduate students and accompanying teachers who undertake trips for the purpose of study or educational training
- Researchers from third countries travelling for the purpose of carrying out scientific research, as per specific rules
- Applicants related to (spouse, descendant or dependent ascendant of) EEA citizen who are exercising their right to free movement (on production of relevant certificates (birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.)
- Applications for Entry visas (d-visa) for skilled workers (including their family members) who have received a concrete offer of employment.
- In certain cases, the fee may be waived or reduced in accordance with national legislation, when this would serve to promote cultural, foreign policy or development policy interests, other areas of vital public interest, or for humanitarian reasons.
At VFS, you may avail value-added services which are optional. For details please click here.
- Family immigration for children who have parents in Norway
- Checklist for you who had one parent who was a Norwegian citizen when you were born
- Family immigration for child between 18 and 21 who have previously had a lengthy stay in Norway with a residence permit
- Family immigration for children over the age of 18 who are financially dependent on their parents
Applicants, submit your Application form with the new photo format, as explained below:
- The photo must fulfill the norm specified by the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
- Use coloured photo with plain white background.
- The photo must be no more than 6-months old (not used in any visas).
- Not tilted picture (portrait style) showing both edges of face clearly (hair behind ears).
- Close up of the head and top of the shoulders so that the face takes up 70–80% of the photograph.
- Photo in sharp focus and clear.
Attaching the Photo to the Application form
- Glue one photograph on the designated space of the application form.
The stipulated case processing time is advisory. This means that some cases may take longer while others take less time. Click here for details.
|You must fill out your visa application form by clicking here.|
To download the Application Form:
- Click on the form link
- When the form opens, save the form on your computer.
- Press the right button on your mouse on the required link.
- Select Save Target As from the list
- Save the form on your computer.