Only Visitor’s visa applications are accepted at VFS centre.
Visitor's visa will be issued to the following categories:
- visits to family or friends and also for tourism purposes+
- business purposes
- spouse to join a spouse who is in South Africa on a work or study permit
- children to join parents who are in South Africa on work or study permits
- fiancée/ fiancé to join his or her partner with the intention of marrying within 90 days
- study purposes (max stay 3-months)
- to work in the production of a movie or show (i.e. in the entertainment industry)
- for medical purposes (max stay 3-months)
- sport events
- Volunteer / Charity work
To ensure your application is processed without any delay please includes the following:
- Complete and Signed Visa Application Form in Black ink only.
- Passport (valid for at least thirty(30) days from intended departure date from South Africa and at least three(3) unused/blank visa pages)
- Supporting documentation as per the purpose of Visit.
For Prospective Applicants
Applicants who wish to apply for a Visa are requested to kindly read the information on this site carefully. The guidelines listed on this site are to help you prepare your documents as accurately as possible. This will reduce the risk of your application being incomplete or take a longer time to being processed.
The South African visa applications can be submitted at the below visa application centers in India.
Following Visa Application Centre falling under preview of South Africa High Commission, New Delhi
Following Visa Application Centre falling under preview of South Africa Consulate General, Mumbai
Please note that in some cases personal appearance may be required at the South African High Commission, Delhi and the Consulate General of the Republic of South Africa, Mumbai prior to a decision being taken on your application. The VFS Visa Application Centre shall assist you to take an appointment for the same.
Important Note: -
- Applicant are requested to complete the Visa Application Form with their own details like contact no., email id etc. this information would help VFS and South African High Commission to reach you in case of any of any additional requirement.
- Whichever documents getting submitted from India (like NOC from Indian company, Covering letter etc.) needs to be in Original for all the Categories.
- All the documents from South Africa needs to be attested by Commissioner of Oaths for all the Categories.
- Bank Statements and Pay Slips needs to be Stamped and Signed by the concerned authority for all Categories.