Who are we?
VFS Global is a commercial company, working in partnership with the Consulate General of Spain in Dominican Republic providing services to help people apply for a visa to enter Spain. We operate one visa application Centre in Santo Domingo.
The Visa Application Centre processes short term Schengen and Transit visas. If you need to apply for a long-term visa, please apply at the Consulate of Spain in Santo Domingo directly.
The Consulate General of Spain in Santo Domingo also processes short term Schengen and Transit Visa Applications on behalf of Portugal, Malta, Greece, Czech Republic, and Sweden. These applications are processed at the visa application Centre. For application information, please visit the All about Visas page on this website.
What does VFS Global do?
VFS Global manages the Visa Application Centre for the Consulate General of Spain in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, where you should submit your completed visa application form and supporting documents. Please see the Contact Us
page on this website for VFS visa application Centre address and contact details.
You can also email or phone the VFS Global Call Centre if you have a general enquiry about the Spanish visas or the visa application process.
Please view Terms and Conditions
for services offered by the Spain Visa Application Centre prior to submitting your application.
Who decides if I will get a visa?
Your visa application will be processed and decided by the staff of the Consulate General of Spain in Santo Domingo. VFS staff does not play any part in or influence the outcome of your visa application. If VFS staff claims to be able to influence your application, you should notify us immediately by writing to Communications@vfsglobal.com
Persons wishing to apply for a visa should carefully read the visa requirements. The instructions given on this website are to help you prepare your documents in the best way possible. This will reduce the risk that the application is incomplete and take longer to process. Click on the process map below to read the description and understand each process step in detail.
- Applications for short stay (Schengen) visas, for stays not exceeding 90 days (tourist, student, business, transit, family visits, medical visits, etc.) can be submitted at the Visa application centres
- Processing Times: Know the processing times before applying visa.
- Refer to All about Visas webpage of this website
- Ensure you are applying for either Short term or Transit Visa.
- Note: If you intend to apply for long term visa (for stays longer than 90 days), then you must contact the Consulate General of Spain in Santo Domingo directly.
- Complete your visa application form
- You should submit one visa application form for each individual applying for a visa, including children. Please download a copy of the visa application form from this website.
- Visa Application form
- Prepare your documents
- First, check the current validity of your passport.
- All travelers will need a passport valid for at least 90 days following your departure date from Spain. However, we strongly recommend traveling with 6 months validity on your passport at all times
- Second, make sure your passport has blank Visa pages
- Most destinations, including Spain, require that you have adequate un-used pages in your passport, allowing for any necessary stamps upon arrival and departure. We recommend that you have at least two free pages in Visas section of your passport before any international travel
- Other necessary documents
- Know what documents you need to submit along with your visa application.
- Refer to Required documents webpage of this website for more information
- Please note: Information mentioned in required documents section of this website is not exhaustive.
- Original and Photocopies
- You must bring copies of all documents which you wish to get back after visa processing. Please note that the Consulate will not return the originals in case photocopies are not furnished at the time of submission. This rule is applicable for each member of the family/group ( including minors)
- Ensure you submit all documents in Spanish. Documents which are not in Spanish must be translated into Spanish.
- Translation should be completed from certified translators.
- Schedule an appointment
It is mandatory to take an appointment from the Visa Application Centre to submit your visa application for short terms and transit visas.
- Modes available to book an appointment with Visa application centers
- Online: Follow the link to “Schedule an Appointment”
- Call Centre: Telephone the call centre to book an appointment.
- 829 946 6203
- 829 607 2075
- Assistance from VAC: Contact VAC to assist you in completing this activity. Please note this activity is free of charge.
- Other information:
- You must book an appointment for each applicant
- You must take print out of the interview letter after completing the appointment scheduling online.
- General queries:
Should you require any information on visa rules and regulations or have any further queries, please contact the call centre. Visa application centers don’t entertain queries in person.
- The visa fee and the service charge are payable in cash at the moment of submitting your visa application. Visa fee: RD$3,119 Service charge: RD$1,178
- Security Regulations: Please read the security regulations of the Visa Application Center
- Documents: You must carry the following documents
- Original valid passport
- Visa fees
- Bank Receipt issued by Bank of Guayaquil
- Duly filled and signed application form
- Two color photographs
- All other supporting documents as mentioned in step 3.
- Arrival at Visa application Centre: Ensure you arrive to the Visa Application Centre 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Please note: If you are late to your scheduled appointment time you will require rescheduling your appointment.
- Security Inspection: You will undergo a brief security check. No electronic equipments (cells, laptops, drive pins, etc. are allowed inside the center).
- Collect Token: Once inside the center, you must get a token from the token dispensing machine.
- Submission of visa application:
- You will be called at the submission counters as per your token number.
- Staff will check the completeness of the application and capture your application information in the system.
- You will be issued acknowledgement receipt for your submission and payment.
- Track your visa application: You can track your visa application by using the following options
- Modes of delivery
- Counter delivery
- Documents required for collection:
- Proof of Identity (national identity card)
- Signed Acknowledgement receipt and;
- Copy of application with VAC payment receipt
- Original documents to provide the relationship with the applicant, if passport is collected by a close relative
- Copy of notarized authority letter if passport is going to be collected by a representative
- Days and time available to collect your processed passport: Monday to Friday, 1430 to 1530 (2:30 to 3:30 P.M.)
- Courier delivery