Who are we?
VFS Global is a commercial company, working in partnership with the Consulate General of Spain in Bogota, Colombia providing services to help people apply for a visa to enter to Spain. We operate one visa application Centre in Bogota. The Visa Application Centre processes Schengen and Transit visas. If you need to apply for a long-term visa, please apply at the Consulate of Spain in Bogota, Colombia
What does VFS Global do?
VFS Global manages visa application Centre for the Consulate General of Spain in Bogota, Colombia, where you should submit your completed visa application form, supporting documents. Please see the Contact Us page on this website for VFS visa application Centre address and contact details.
You can also email or phone the VFS Global call Centre if you have a general enquiry about Spain visas or the visa application process.
Please view Terms and Conditions for services offered by the Spain visa application Centre prior to submitting your application.
Who decides if I will get a visa?
Your visa application will be processed and decided by Consulate General of Spain in Bogota, Colombia. VFS staff does not, play any part in or influence the outcome of your visa application. If VFS staff claims to be able to influence your application, you should notify us immediately in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
Take into account
From the 5 Spetember 2013 all Schengen applications must include the biometric data (finger prints) reason why all applicants must submit their application in person. This requirement will allow the identification of the owners of the visa and will contribute to avoid the usurpation of identity
Persons wishing to apply for a visa should carefully read the visa requirements. The instructions given on this website are to help you prepare your documents in the best way possible. This will reduce the risk that the application is incomplete and take longer to process. Click on the process map below to read the description and understand each process step in detail.
- Applications for visas or short stay (Schengen), for stays not exceeding 90 days (tourist, student, business, traffic, family visits, medical visits, etc.) can be submitted at Visa application Centre
- Colombian national who are holders of diplomatic and officials passports don't need a visa to visit Spain
- Processing Times: Know the processing times before applying visa.
- Refer All about Visas webpage of this website
- Ensure you are applying for either Short term or Transit Visa.
- If you intend to apply for long term visa then you must contact the consulate General of Spain in Bogota,Colombia directly.
- Complete your visa application form
- You should submit one visa application form for each individual applying for a visa, including children. Please download a copy of the visa application form from this website.
- Visa Application form
- Prepare your documents
- First, check the current validity of your passport.
- All travelers will need a passport valid for at least 180 days from the day you submit your application.
- Second, make sure your passport has blank Visa pages
- Most destinations, including Spain, require that you have adequate un-used pages in your passport, allowing for any necessary stamps upon arrival and departure. you must have 3 free pages in Visas section by the time you submit your application.
- Other necessary documents
- Know what documents you need to submit along with your visa application.
- Refer Required document webpage of this website for more information
- Please note: Information mentioned in required document section of this website is not exhaustive.
- Original and Photocopies
- You must bring copies of all documents which you wish to get it back after visa processing. Please note that consulate will not return the originals in case photocopies are not furnished at the time of submission. This rule is applicable for each member of the family/group( including minor)
- Ensure you submit all documents in Spanish. Documents which are not in Spanish must be translated into Spanish.
- Translation should be completed from certified translator.
- Schedule an appointment
It is mandatory to take appointment with visa application centre to submit your visa application for short terms and transit visas.
- Modes available to book an appointment with Visa application Centre
- Online: Follow the link to schedule an appointment
- Call Centre: Telephone the call centre to book an appointment.
- 018005182498 / (571) 5087283
- Assistance from VAC: Contact VAC to assist you in completing this activity. Please note this activity is chargeable.
- Other information:
- You must book an appointment for each applicant
- You must take print out of interview letter after completing appointment scheduling online.It is mandatory to present it when you reach the VAC
- General queries:
Should you require any information on visa rules and regulations or have any further queries, please contact call Centre. Visa application Centre don't entertain queries in person.
- Security Regulations: read security regulation of visa application centre
- Documents: You must carry the following documents
- Original Valid passport
- Duly filled and signed application form
- One color photographs
- All other supporting documents as mentioned in step 3.
- Arrival at Visa application Centre: Ensure you arrive to the visa application centre 15 minutes before to your scheduled appointment time. Please note: In case you are late to your scheduled appointment time then you will require to reschedule your appointment.
- Collect Token: You will have to undergo with a brief security check before a token is issued.
- Submission of Visa application:
- You will be called at the submission counters as per your token number.
- Staff will check the completeness of application and capture your application information in the system.
- You will be issued acknowledgement receipt for your submission and payment
- Track your visa application: You can track your visa application by using the following options
- Modes of delivery
- By the time you submit your application you will receive your identification number for the delivery through DOMESA. With this number you can call DOMESA call centre to schedule the appointment for your delivery, in this way you can be sure you will be at the designated place when the passport is delivered.
If you have already submitted an application for a visa at the Visa Application Centre you can track your application here
You can track your application by entering your Receipt Number and your Date of Birth.