Biometric Data Collection
Biometrics will be collected using a quick, discreet and non-intrusive process that captures a facial image with a digital camera and a 10-digit fingerprint scan with a digital finger scanner.
Applicants can no longer bring their visa applications on paper to the AVAC, unless you would like the AVAC to assist you with completing the Visa form online for an additional fee. Please make the correct selection when making your appointment. The application will need to be completed online and the applicant will be asked to provide their biometrics at the same time, if applicable.
Applicants who have applied for their visas will be sent a letter informing them that they need to attend the Australian Visa Application Centre in person to provide their biometrics.
Please note the following:
- Your face must be clearly visible for a photograph to be taken. This means that you cannot:
- have hair that covers the eyes
- wear a hat or scarf or any other item that obscures the face, hair or neck (with the exception of religious head coverings detailed below).
- if you wear a head or neck covering for religious reasons you must ensure your face is clearly visible, from the bottom of your chin to above your eyebrows including both cheeks. If possible both ears should also be displayed. You may also need to remove your glasses when the photograph is taken.
- If you have cut or damaged your fingertips, you should inform the Australian Visa Application Centre when the injury has healed.
- If you have a temporary decoration, such as Mehdi, you should advise the Australian Visa Application Centre when submitting you application whether a scan will be possible.
If you refuse to submit your biometric data, your visa application cannot be processed and you will be referred to the Australian Embassy in Lebanon.
The presence of a parent or guardian is required for applicants less than 16 years of age at the time of biometric collection.
Important note: Originals of international passport (or travel document) at time of biometrics collection;
|Biometric requirement letter from the Department of Home Affairs|
|AVAC appointment letter|
|Applicant in person|
More information on biometrics collection is available at the following link: Biometrics Collection