Biometric data collection
BIOMETRIC DATA COLLECTION GUIDE
Biometrics will be collected using a quick, discreet and non-intrusive process that captures a facial image with a digital camera and a 10-digit fingerprint scan with a digital finger scanner.
Irrespective of their nationality, visa applicants who lodge their applications at the Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC) in Kathmandu will be asked to provide their biometrics at the same time as visa lodgement unless they are excluded or exempted from the Program.
Visa applicants, who mail their applications to the Australian Embassy or Consulate or to the AVAC, may be sent a letter requiring them to attend the AVAC, in person, to provide their biometrics.
Some applicants lodging their visas online may be sent a letter informing them that they need to attend the AVAC in person to provide their biometrics.
Please note the following for Biometric collection:
- Your face must be clearly visible for a photograph to be taken. This means that you cannot:
- have hair that covers the eyes
- wear a hat or scarf or any other item that obscures the face, hair or neck (with the exception of religious head coverings detailed below).
- if you wear a head or neck covering for religious reasons you must ensure your face is clearly visible, from the bottom of your chin to above your eyebrows including both cheeks. If possible both ears should also be displayed. You may also need to remove your glasses when the photograph is taken.
- If you have cut or damaged your fingertips, you should inform the Australian Visa Application Centre when the injury has healed.
- If you have a temporary decoration, such as Mehdi, you should advise the Australian Visa Application Centre when submitting you application whether a scan will be possible.
If you refuse to submit your biometric data, your visa application cannot be processed and you will be referred to the Australian Embassy or Consulate in Nepal.
Presences of parent or guardian are required for the less than 16 years of age applicants at the time of Biometric data submission at AVAC.
For applicable Biometric fee and Requirement, please check the below table.
|Primary Client/Applicant Fee|
|Biometric Only||NPR 3233|
|Letter for Biometric From Embassy|
|VFS service charge in Demand Draft *|
*DD-In Favour of : VF Services (Mauritius) Pte.Ltd, Payable at : Kathmandu, Nepal (MICR Draft) Please click here to Schedule Appointment
For Category please select Biometric Only
More information on biometrics collection is available at the following links: