Work permit visa
Before to go and to work in Belgium during more than 90 days, you must have 1) a work permit and 2) the appropriate visa.
In view to facilitate this procedure, it has been decided that, from 01 January 2019, a single application procedure for work and residence permit will be introduced.
Attention: this procedure will not be applicable for the following cases:
- Au pair worker
- Researcher holding a hosting agreement
- High qualified worker
- worker the framework of an intracorporate transfer
For these categories of workers, the usual / actual procedure will be followed (see below)
- Single application for work and residence permit
The single application procedure for work and residence permit has to be introduced by the employer himself at the concerned regional office here listed:
Vlaams Gewest: http://www.werk.be
Région de Bruxelles-Capitale: http://www.bruxelles.irisnet.be
Région wallonne: http://emploi.wallonie.be
Deutschsprachige Gemeinschaft: http://www.dglive.be
(Important: that means that the Embassy is no more involved in the request procedure. It’s therefore useless to contact the Embassy regarding the procedure / evolution of the file etc.)
- If the request I granted or refused, the employer and the employee will be informed by the central authority
- If the authorization has been granted, and only on that time, the employee has to introduce his visa application’s form with the following documents:
- 2 visa application’s forms with identity picture
- Passport valid (with 2 copies )
- 2 copies of the authorization received (Annex 46)
Applicants applying for Belgium Long Stay Visa (D Visa) Category are requested to appear in person at the visa application center to register their biometrics which includes scans of all fingerprints and live digital photo.
The visa & VFS fees have to be paid as usual and the visa will be issued in a minimum of time
For the following categories of workers: Au pair worker; Researcher holding a hosting agreement; High qualified worker; worker the framework of an intracorporate transfer, the usual procedure will be followed but, since It’s a specific procedure, we invite you to contact the Embassy for further details.
|Long stay visas ( more than 90 days)
Work permit visa , professional card visa , study visa, family reunification to join parents , family reunification to join spouse , working holiday maker, Au pair visa, person of independent means. re- entry visa,
|Fees to the Nationals of "visa facilitation treat countries"
Following country national's need to pay the mentioned fee. Albania, Bosnia, Former Yugoslav Republic Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Ukraine, Russia and Serbia.
|Children 6-12 (until the age of 12 years minus one day (1)||180||84,600|
|Children below 6 years joining Non-Belgian or Non-EU citizen||180||84,600|
Applicant's exempted from visa fee:
- Child less than 6 years of age applying for short term visa.
- The spouse, children who have not yet reached their 21st birthday and dependent parents of a Belgian or other EU citizen are not required to pay the visa fee.
Please Note :
- The applicable visa fee in Naira is as per current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice.
- Visa fee and service fee needs to be paid by POS in the application centre only.
- The visa fee is non refundable and non transferable.
- The visa application fee submitted and cancelled on same application day would be refundable but non transferable.
|Type||Service fee ( NRN)|
|Submission of application||16,680|
*Please note that the service charge is inclusive of VAT
- Visa fee and service fee needs to be paid by POS in the application centre, Lagos and Abuja
- The above fees are non-refundable and non transferable.
- The receipt is valid for 30 days from the date of payment and it is non - transferable and non - refundable.
Applicants are requested to submit their Application form with the new photo format, as explained below.
- The photograph for each visa applicant must be an unmounted, full face photo, as displayed above
- The photograph must have been taken within the last six months.
- The photograph must be submitted glued to the application form
The photo for each visa applicant submitted must measure:
- 3.5 cms x 4.5 cms with the head centered in the frame.
- The head (measured from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin) should measure about 3 cms
- The photograph must be a full-face front view in which the visa applicant is facing the camera directly.
- Face should cover about 60-70 percent of the photo area.
- The photograph MUST be in color and have only a white background. Photos with dark, busy, or patterned backgrounds will not be accepted.
- General, the applicant's head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin on top and bottom and from hairline side-to-side. It is preferable that ears be exposed
- Photograph depicting a person wearing a traditional facemask or veil that does not permit adequate identification is not acceptable
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If photographs presented do not meet these requirements your application will be considered incomplete. Kindly download the Photo Specification file for more information.
Within 15 days of his introduction by the employer, the application for work & residence permit has to be accepted (or not).
All visa applications are being treated as fast as possible and according to the date of submission, the date of travel and the quality of the visa file. Applicants are therefore strongly recommended to apply timely and with a complete visa file