Citizens of India who plan to visit Croatia are required to have a visa. If you reside in India please check whether you require a visa for Croatia: http://www.mvep.hr/en/consular-information/visas/visa-requirements-overview/.
Please pay attention that pursuant to the Government’s Decision, the Republic of Croatia applies the Decision No 565/2014/EU according to which all visitors holders of valid Schengen documents, as well as national visas and residence permits of Bulgaria, Cyprus, and Romania do not require an additional (Croatian) visa for Croatia.
Therefore, visitors who are holders of:
- uniform visa (C) for two or multiple entries, valid for all Schengen Area Member States;
- visa with limited territorial validity (LTV visa), for two or multiple entries, issued to the holder of a travel document that is not recognised by one or more, but not all of the Schengen Area Member States, and which is valid for the territory of the Member States recognising the travel document;
- long-stay visa (D) for stays exceeding three months , issued by one of the Schengen Area Member State;
- residence permit issued by one of the Schengen Area Member State;
- national visas for two or multiple entries and residence permits of Bulgaria, listed in Annex I of the Decision No 565/2014/EU;
- national visas for two or multiple entries and residence permits of Cyprus, listed in Annex III of the Decision No 565/2014/EU;
- national visas for two or multiple entries and residence permits of Romania, listed in Annex IV of the Decision No 565/2014/EU;
do not require a visa for transit or intended stays in the territory of Croatia not exceeding 90 days in any 180-day period.
The Decision No 565/2014/EU is available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32014D0565&from=EN
The period of validity of the above mentioned Schengen, Bulgarian, Cypriot, and Romanian documents must cover the duration of the transit or stay.
Information for the holders of the Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen
A family member of a citizen of an EU Member State or the European Economic Area may travel to Croatia without a visa, if (s) he has a valid passport and a valid Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen, and is travelling in the company of or is joining the family member who is a citizen of an EU Member State or the EEA. If the family member of a citizen of an EU Member State or the EEA does not have such a card, (s) he needs a Croatian visa that will be issued on the basis of an accelerated procedure, free of charge.
A short-stay visa (C-visa) allows the visitor to transit through, or stay in the territory of the Republic of Croatia for a maximum of 90 days in any period 180 day-period. It is issued for one, two, or multiple entries for the purpose of transit, tourism, business, private or other purposes. Its validity period depends on the circumstances of the visitor’s travel to Croatia and may not exceed five years.
The visa shall not entitle a visitor to enter the Republic of Croatia.
A foreigner cannot work in Croatia on the basis of a short-term visa.
IMPORTANT NOTE –
Cancellation of accommodation after issuance of visa for the Republic of Croatia may lead to revocation of visa.
Any application for tourist visit with less than 15 days from travel date shall not be accepted by VFS. Such applicants should be advised to kindly re-schedule their travel plan.
Fees are due on the visa application when applying.
The Visa Fee is subject to change without notice.
In addition to the visa fee, following charges are applicable:
- VFS Logistics – INR 1667/- (inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%)
- Optional Courier Fee – INR 500/- (inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%)
- Optional SMS – INR 333/- (inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%)
- Optional Premium Lounge – INR 2055/- (inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @9% and CGST@9%)
In addition, applicants submitting their applications in Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore need to pay INR 833/- (inclusive of Goods & Service Tax – SGST @ 9% and CGST @9%)
- VFS Logistics – NPR 2667/-
- Two-way courier – NPR 2667/-
The following applicants are exempt from visa fees upon application:
- Family members of a Croatian citizen (spouse and children),
- Family members of citizens of EEA Member States,
- Children up to the age of 12,
- Holders of diplomatic and service passports travelling in their official capacity
- Pupils, students, postgraduate students and teachers accompanying them when they come to attend school, study and professional training,
- Researchers coming to conduct research, as provided for by the Recommendation of the European Parliament and of the Council of 28 September 2005 to facilitate the issue by the Member States of uniform short-stay visas for researchers from third countries travelling within the Community for the purpose of carrying out scientific research,
- Representatives of non-profit organizations up to the age of 25, who are to attend seminars, conferences, sport, cultural or educational events organized by non-profit organizations.
- For citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cape Verde, Georgia, Moldova (holders of non-biometric passports), Ukraine and Russian Federation, visa fee is 35 EUR. For further details regarding visa fee exemption please consult the Visa Facilitation Agreements available on the website of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs under Consular Information – Visas - Visa Requirements Overview: http://www.mvep.hr/en/consular-information/visas/visa-requirements-overview/
Mode of payment
- India – Only Cash
- Nepal - Visa Fee in Demand Draft, Demand Draft should be drawn in favor of “ Embassy of the Republic of Croatia” and be payable at New Delhi (in INR only) and VFS Logistics – Cash or Demand Draft in favor of V F Services (Mauritius) Pte. Ltd. There is a bank counter available at VFS office to assist applicants prepare their visa fees demand draft with an additional NPR 1250/-
The applicants are requested to read the basic requirements carefully and conform to the same while submitting the application.
- Visa application form: to be filled out in English or Croatian language and signed by the applicant (field no 37 and last field), or a parent or legal guardian on behalf of minors: http://www.mvep.hr/en/consular-information/visas/forms/visa-application/
- Valid Passport - Applicant's passport: issued within the last 10 years, with expiry date exceeding the expiry date of the requested visa by a minimum of three months, and containing at least two empty pages (back to back).
- One photograph: please see the information on the Photo Specification page.
Travel health insurance to cover the possible expenses related to repatriation, for health reasons, urgent medical assistance and/or urgent hospitalization, with the minimum coverage of EUR 30 000. The insurance must remain valid during the entire stay of the visitor in Croatia.
The applicant for a multiple-entry visa must have travel health-insurance policy that covers the period of the first visit to Croatia.
The list of approved travel insurance companies for India is attached.
- Proof of residence for nationals other than India: a photocopy of the stay permit;
- Cover letter: explaining the purpose of the trip with itinerary detailed location(s) and duration of stay in Croatia
- Means of transportation and intention to return to the country of residence: reservation of return travel ticket for airplane, bus, or boat; registration card and driver's license if travelling by car; if the person is travelling to a third country, then proof of itinerary (travel ticket, etc.).
- Proof of the purpose of stay in Croatia:
- certificate of a paid tourist package;
- booking of a hotel or other accommodation;
- private accommodation booking (copy of the decision of the competent office in Croatia approving the renting)
- day to day itinerary with ensured accommodation for the entire stay
- complete Croatian telephone contact and address for all accommodations
- proof of ownership or lease of a boat/yacht etc.;
Kindly note that the applications for Croatian visa for tourist visit are processed as per actual plan of travel and stay. Any change in travel plan, cancellation / change of accommodations etc. after submission of application will lead to delay in processing of application. Similar changes after issuance of visa (if approved) for the Republic of Croatia might lead to revocation of visa.
Kindly refer to below link for more details
- Documents proving sufficient funds to support the stay in Croatia and to return to the state of residence or to travel to a third state.
- Three months bank statement (saving and current a/c, as applicable), and
- Three years Income Tax returns (personal and company, as applicable), and
- Copy of international credit card with three months credit card statement and
- Endorsement on passport / receipt of purchase of foreign exchange
- Proof of current social and professional status:
- Service – Letter issued by the employer on company’s official letterhead establishing position of the employee in the company, years in service, grant of leave and salary certificate of the last three (3) months
- Business/self-employed – Visa request letter on official letter head with company registration papers
- Student – Letter from school / university for grant of leave and copy of the valid ID
- For minors and persons deprived of legal capacity: visa application shall be submitted by a parent/legal representative, including:
- birth certificate of the minor (if parents are legal guardians)
- decision of the competent body designating the legal guardian
If a minor is traveling without a parent/legal guardian, (s)he must carry a notarized consent of a legal guardian that shall contain personal information of the parent/legal guardian and the purpose, the period and length of stay in Croatia, the period for which the consent is issued, and the signature of the parent/legal guardian.
- Proof of sufficient Funds:
Three months bank statements (savings and current a/c, as applicable) in Original – duly signed and stamped by authorized official of the respective bank.
The documents attached shall not be older than six months.
The Embassy of Croatia may require you to submit additional supporting documents and/or certified translation as well as the international certification (appostille) of the documents during the visa application process.
- Please note that you may be required to come for a personal interview with the visa officer at the Embassy of the Republic of Croatia prior to a decision being made on your application.
- Submitting a visa application, including all the required documents, does not automatically mean that the visa will be issued.
- An issued visa is not a guarantee that a foreign citizen will be permitted to enter the Republic of Croatia. On every crossing of the border, the police may require the foreign citizen to present all relevant documents, including copies of the Letters of Guarantee for both private and business visits.
- The decision to refuse a visa, indicating reasons for such a decision, shall be delivered to the applicant in a visa refusal/annulment/revocation form.
- A foreign citizen may file a complaint against the decision to refuse a visa through the competent Embassy/Consulate of the Republic of Croatia, within 15 days from the date of receipt of the decision on visa refusal/annulment/revocation. The complaint shall be filed in Croatian with payment of Consular fee. Any falsification of the documents and the use of such documents may be subject to criminal prosecution.
The application form can also be filled out online at https://crovisa.mvep.hr/.
No alteration or handwritten amendment concerning the data page.
Clear Photocopy of front and last page and used pages (Current passport and last 02 old passports)
Photographs must follow the below guidelines
- in colour
- 35x45 mm
- printed on normal photographic paper
- taken against a light background
- full face taken straight forward 30-36 mm from point of the chin to the head of hair
- the person is to be captured with neutral facial expression, with his/her eyes open and mouth closed
- The photograph of a person, who for religious or medical reasons is wearing a head cover, must show the person's cheeks, chin and forehead
- children in photographs must be alone, and their faces fully visible and eyes open
Note: Please follow these instructions carefully. If the presented photos do not follow these requirements your application will be considered incomplete!
VISA ISSUANCE PROCEDURE AND TIMELINES
A visa application cannot be submitted earlier than 3 months prior to the beginning of the planned journey and can be submitted by:
- Applicant himself
- For minors by a parent or legal guardian
Standard visa processing time is 15 calendar days from the day of receipt of the application at the Embassy. In case the documents are not submitted as per requirements or due to other factors or justified reasons, the processing time may be extended to 30 or 60 days.
Visa application form has to be completed for all the applicants including minors electronically on your computer or in writing. The VAF has to be filled out in English or Croatian languages. The form needs to be signed personally by the applicant in the field 37 and on last field.
For minors, the application must be signed by one of the parents or a legal guardian.
Visa application form can be downloaded and printed from the link below. Forms are also available at the Visa Application Centre free of charge.
Please note that the Visa application Centre is introducing the Form Filling service for the convenience of the applicants at the Centre.
The service is purely optional
Please contact the VAC staff to know more about the Form Filling service.
|Visa Application Form|