top button

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do I need to go for an interview when called by the Embassy?

    If a consular officer from the Croatian Embassy requires you to appear for an interview, you should go; otherwise your visa might be refused. The Embassy also has the right to require additional documents.

  • Do I need to apply for Croatian visa if I have a valid Schengen visa?

    If you hold a valid Schengen uniform visa (C) for two or multiple entries, valid for all Schengen Area member states, whose period of validity covers your stay in Croatia, and if you have not used all of the days in the Schengen Area (i.e. you need to have at least one day left of the approved number of days; and at least one entry in case of a double-entry visa), you do not require an (additional) Croatian visa for transit through or intended stays in the territory of the Republic of Croatia not exceeding 90 days in any 180-day period.  

  • If I have a valid multiple entry Schengen visa and I am planning to go to Croatia, but my child who is included in my passport does not have any visa, do I have to apply for a visa for my child?

    Yes, in case your child is included in your passport but does not have a visa, you, as a parent or legal guardian will have to apply and prepare a complete set of documents according to the purpose of visit.

  • I have a valid Schengen visa with one entry. Can I enter Croatia if I haven’t used my Schengen visa prior to coming to Croatia?

    No, only two or multiple entry Schengen visa is valid for entering the Republic of Croatia.

  • What is "JAMSTVENO PISMO"? In which cases should I submit this document?

    JAMSTVENO PISMO (Letter of Guarantee) are actually two forms: Jamstveno pismo fizičke osobe (Letter of Guarantee by natural person) and Jamstveno pismo pravne osobe (Letter of Guarantee by legal person)  - both filled out and signed by a guarantor from Croatia. The former is used for private visits (visiting relatives and friends) and the latter for business purposes. Both Letters have to be submitted in original with the visa application form, or can be deposited by a guarantor in Croatia at the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs. 

  • If I'm going to visit my wife/husband who is a citizen of Croatia, what document for the purpose of stay do I need to provide?

    If you are married to a Croatian citizen, you need to provide proof of marriage along with the proof of Croatian citizenship of your spouse (for example, copy of a passport).

  • I have a valid Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen, and I am travelling with my wife/husband who is an EU national to Dubrovnik. Do I need a Croatian visa?

    No, you do not need a Croatian visa. You can travel to Croatia with a valid passport and valid Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen.

    If you do not have such a card, you will need a Croatian visa that will be issued in accelerated procedure, free of charge, with the proof of family relation.

  • What is the earliest I can apply for a visa?

    You can apply for a visa earliest three (3) months before planned arrival to Croatia.