How to Apply
Persons wishing to apply for a Residence Permit should carefully read the requirements, please click here for more information The instructions given on this website are to help you prepare your documents in the best way possible. This will reduce the risk that the application is incomplete and take longer to process.
Check the type of residence permit you need here
Prepare your application
- You must submit a - residence permit application form depending on your type of residence permit, for each person applying for a residence permit, including children.
- Please download a copy of the residence permit application form from this website. Please see the form that corresponds to your residence permit type: https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-GB/You-want-to-apply
- Prepare your documents. Please ensure to download the checklist for your residence permit application from the Danish immigration portal (www.newtodenmark.dk) and arrange all the documents as per the checklist instructions.
- Check the current validity of your passport. All travelers will need a valid passport for at least 180 days from the day they submit their application.
- Make sure your passport has at least 3 blank pages for Visas
Pay the Danish Embassy fee on line by accessing the following link
Schedule an appointment
It is mandatory to schedule an appointment with the Residence Permit application Centre to submit your application. Please Click Here for more information on how to schedule an appointment.
Visiting the Residence Permit Application Centre:
- Security Regulations: read security regulation of the Residence Permit Application Centre
Documents: You must carry the following documents:
- Original Valid passport
- Duly filled and signed application form
- Print receipt of the Danish Embassy fee paid online. To pay the fee please access this link: https://dys.um.dk/permit/
- All other supporting documents as mentioned in step 2.
- Arrival at - Residence Permit Application Centre: Ensure you arrive to the Residence Permit Application Centre 15 minutes before to your scheduled appointment time. Please note: In case you are late to your scheduled appointment time then you will require rescheduling your appointment.
Submission of residence permit application:
- You will be called at the submission counters where the Staff will check the completeness of your application and capture your application information in the system.
- You will be issued acknowledgement receipt for your submission and payment
- Online tracking
- Telephone to call Centre
Post submission process
Track your residence permit application: You can track your residence permit application by using the following options:
Collection of passport
Modes of delivery
- Counter delivery : If you wish to collect your passport by visiting the Residence Permit Application Centre
- Courier delivery: If you wish to receive your documents at your home or office then you can opt for this service.