Top Button

Know your residence permit type

What is a Long-Stay/Residence Permit?

A residence permit allows you to stay in Denmark for more than 90 days.

In the first instance, if you wish to file a long stay/resident permit application (long stay for work, study, permanent residence permit, Au Pair, practice, family reunification) you must visit the official website of the Danish Immigration Service (DIS)

On this page you will find all the information about the different types of residence permits. Locate which one you want to apply according to your purposes of travel and the corresponding requirements.

What is a Short Stay Visa?

The Schengen visa is granted in the form of a sticker affixed on a passport, a travel document or another valid document which entitles the holder to cross the border. Possession of a Schengen visa does not confer automatic right of entry. Entry will only be granted if the other conditions laid down by the Schengen Convention are met, i.e. the justification of the purpose and the conditions of the trip and the possession of sufficient funds. For more information please visit