A residence permit is necessary for those wishing to stay in Norway for more than 90 days. The Royal Danish Embassy in Bangladesh is the receiving office for residence permit applications for Norway. Your application will be forwarded to The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI) in Norway for processing.
The steps to applying for a residence permit to Norway are as follows:
- Hand in the application and supporting documents (copies as well as originals) and pay the fee (in cash).
- For information about residence permits, please go to www.udi.no
|A CATEGORY||VISA FEE IN BDT||VISA FEE IN DKK||VFS SERVICE FEE IN BDT|
|Residence and Work Permit||17965||1,455||937|
Note: From 01 July 2019, The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark including all Danish diplomatic missions are introducing mandatory online payment of the embassy fee for residence or work permit. The embassy fee must be paid online using this link https://dys.um.dk/permit/.
The receipt for the payment must be submitted at the Danish Visa Application Centre (VFS) when you hand in your passport and relevant documentation.. The VFS service fee must be paid at the Danish Visa Application Centre (VFS) in cash in Bangladeshi Taka.
- The applicable VFS service fee is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change.
- The service fee is inclusive VAT and is non-refundable.
- Visa Application Centre offers an optional service at a nominal additional cost. Please see more detail from Additional Services tab.
- The service fee and additional services at The Visa Application Centre are to be paid only in Bangladeshi Taka.
For applicants applying for a residence permit to study, please look at this guide.
For all other residence permit categories, please download the UDI checklist and submit the required documents.
Applicants need to follow the below given guidelines:
- Photograph of size 35mm x 45 mm.
- Length of the head should not exceed 30 to 36 mm in length from chin to top of hair
- Photograph must be in color with light or White background
- Photograph for each visa applicant must be an un-mounted, full face photo, color photo as described below
- Photograph must have been taken within the last six months
- One photograph needs to be submitted
For further information see the print on the information board at The Denmark Visa Application Centre or visit website http://www.politi.dk/da/borgerservice/pas/pasbilleder/
The Royal Danish Embassy in Bangladesh will forward the residence permit applications to The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI) in Norway for processing. For the latest information on processing times, please go to http://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/case-processing-times/. UDI updates the information regularly.
The Visa Application Centre will hand out the decision to the applicant once they receive it from the Royal Danish Embassy.
Online Application Form
To download application forms, please click here.
From 01 July 2019, The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark including all Danish diplomatic missions are introducing mandatory online payment of the embassy fee for residence or work permit. The embassy fee must be paid online using this link https://dys.um.dk/permit/