Short Term Visa
Short Stay visa entitles an applicant, who does not hold a residence permit, to stay In Denmark for an uninterrupted period or a total of successive periods of stays that does not exceed 90 days in every 180 days since the date of first entry. Denmark is one of the 26 European countries forming the Schengen Area which have no border controls between them.
You have to apply for your Schengen Visa at the Embassy of your main destination. If the main destination cannot be determined, responsibility for issuance of the visa lies with the Schengen State of first entry.
The Embassy of Denmark in Dhaka is also representing Norway Schengen Visa Cases. The process and required documents for Norway are the same as when applying for a visa to visit Denmark.
For application, please select type of visa:
- Tourist visa- Checklist
- Visiting Friends and relatives
- Business visa - Checklist
- Official visit visa- Checklist
- Medical visa- Checklist
- Cultural and other – Checklist
- Airport Transit visa – Checklist
- Seamen Transit Visa - Checklist
- Application can be submitted only three (03) months prior to the date of departure.
- From 1 May 2010 only passports issued within the previous ten (10) years will be accepted.
- Passport must have at least two blank pages
- Passport should be valid for at least three months longer than intended stay.
The list of Schengen countries are as follows:
Processing of visa application through VFS will be given priority by the Embassy and the applicant must allow for a processing time of minimum 15 days, excluding the VFS handling time back and forth to the Embassy of Denmark.
Travel Medical Insurance
Applicants must provide proof of travel medical insurance covering the full time of their intended visit. The insurance must be valid throughout the territory of the Member States. The minimum cover shall be EUR 30,000. For the list of approved Travel Insurance Companies, please click here.