Sports or cultural visit
This visa is solely for the purpose of Culture/Sport event. This visa is given for a travel period of less than 90 days.
|VISA CATEGORY||VISA FEE (IN EURO)|
|Tourism/Visitor Family and Friends/Business||€80.00|
|Children between 6 and 12 years old||€40.00|
Note: From the 01 July 2019, if you apply through the Visa Application Centre in Mexico, you must fill in your visa application and pay the visa application fee online using ApplyVisa.um.dk
- The applicable VFS fee is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change
- The service fee is inclusive VAT and is non-refundable.
- Visa Application Centres offers and optional service at nominal addition cost. Please see more detail from Additional Services tab.
- Travel insurance is mandatory for all Schengen countries. If you have not purchased, please click here
- Please print out this Checklist and prepare the required documents accordingly, also prepare an additional copy of your Passport
ID page for Passport Collection.
- Kindly make sure that your application contains sufficient, correct and adequate information. All information must be correct and reflect your planned trip.
- In case any document is missing on submission date, additional documents can be submitted only by applicants themselves at VFS within 5 business days.
- Applicant can be asked for additional documents or may be called for an interview if deemed necessary by the Embassy.
Bona fide cases (Approved by the Embassy) – normally 15 calendar days, for a fully completed application with proper documentation which is handed in at the VFS Visa Application Centre. Please hand in your application well in advance during peak season.
Cases for Danish Immigration Service (DIS) – See the processing time in https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-GB/Words-and-concepts/US/Diverse-US/Application-processing-times-in-the-Danish-Immigration-Service and add 3-5 working days of processing time at the Embassy.
The processing period may be extended up to a maximum of 30 calendar days in individual cases, notably if further scrutiny of the application is needed or in cases of representation where the authorities of the represented Schengen State are consulted.
Exceptionally, when additional documentation is needed in specific cases, the period may be extended up to a maximum of 60 calendar days.
Citizens of certain countries or categories of certain citizens are subject to prior consultation in one or more Schengen countries before a visa may be issued. The processing time in these cases will usually be 10-12 days as a minimum. See list of these nationalities and categories of persons (annex 16 to the Visa code Handbook).
Size of photograph for visa applications
After the instalment of a new system for scanning biometrics, including photographs for visa application, it is now possible to lodge a photograph of size 35 x 45 mm. Length of the head should not exceed 30 to 36 mm in length from chin to top of hair.
The photograph must still be in color with bright background.
Danish Visa Application Centre has been instructed by Danish mission to inform applicants that the visa application is not acceptable if the photograph does not comply with the above format.
Applicants may therefore obtain a new photograph that meets all requirements before The Danish Visa Application Centre can receive the application.
For further information see the print on the information board at The Danish Visa Application Centre or visit website https://politi.dk/pas/krav-til-pas-og-koerekortfoto
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
- Register your visa application online and book an appointment with VFS
"NEW MANDATORY ONLINE VISA APPLICATION: From the 01 July 2019, you must fill in your visa application and pay the application fee online. After you have applied and paid the visa fee online, you must print the cover letter and payment receipt from ApplyVisa ‘’ .
Click here to fill in your visa application form
After completing the visa application form and paying visa fee online, you must book an appointment to submit your documents at VFS by clicking here. Make sure to bring along all the required documents and hand in supporting documents at the Visa Application Centre.
Make sure you are on time for your appointment; for those showing up late there is no guarantee that the application can be submitted and applicants may need to reschedule their appointment. Kindly, notify the Denmark visa application centre if you are unable to make your appointment.