Short Stay Visa
A visa normally grants you the right to stay in the entire Schengen area. A visa grants you the right to spend a maximum of 90 days in any 180-day period in the Schengen area. It is possible to apply 6 month before the travel date and seamen (all crewmembers) can apply 9 month before the departure.
You apply for a visa to Denmark when
- Denmark is the only destination of the visit(s), OR
- the visit(s) include(s) more than one destination, Denmark is the main destination of the visit(s) in terms of the length or purpose of stay (where you intend to spend the longest time or where the main purpose of the intended journey is carried out), OR
if no main destination can be determined, Denmark is the country of your first entrance into the Schengen area.
- If you plan to have 4 days of meetings in Denmark followed by 2 days of meetings in Sweden, you should apply for a visa at one of the Denmark Visa Application Centres.
- If you are staying 4 days in Denmark followed by 4 days in Sweden, you should still apply at the Denmark Visa Application Centres, since Denmark is the first destination in your visit to the Schengen countries.
- If you spend 2 days in Denmark and 4 days in Sweden, however, you must apply for a visa at a Swedish mission.
- If you wish to travel to France for a family visit (20 days) and has additionally organised a meeting with a business partner in Belgium (two days) and will arrive at and leave from Amsterdam (Netherlands), the French consulate should deal with your application, as the main purpose of the trip is the family event.
Visa for Greenland and the Faroe Islands: Greenland and the Faroe Islands are the autonomous regions of the Kingdom of Denmark and not parties to the Schengen Agreement. It means that if applicant needs to visit these islands, he/she must submit application for national visas at the visa application centre of Denmark or at the Royal Danish Embassy. A visa to enter Denmark or another Schengen country is not valid for entry into the Faroe Islands or Greenland. This kind of visa allows visiting only these islands.
Please note: visa to Greenland is not valid for entering Faroe Islands and vice versa. Visas to these islands can be one-entry, double-entry and multi-entry (according to the purpose of visit and the Embassy’s decision). Maximum duration of stay – 90 days.
Please note: If the applicant has a valid multi-entry Schengen visa at the moment of submission, he/she needs to apply only for visa to Greenland or Faroe Islands.
If the applicant doesn’t have multi-entry Schengen visa, Embassy will issue a Danish visa with a mark “Valid for Greenland/Faroe Islands”
If the most of days applicant is going to spend in Schengen area (Denmark is an exemption), applicant must submit his/her application for a visa of the state, where he/she will spend most of the travel time, and then he/she must apply for a visa to Greenland/Faroe Islands.
Example. Travel plan of the applicant: 10 days in Iceland and 5 days in Greenland or on Faroe Islands. So at first he/she must apply for a visa to Iceland, and then – for a visa to Greenland/Faroe Islands
If applicant is planning to spend most of the journey in Denmark+Greenland/Faroe Islands – this visa may cover the stay in other Schengen countries as well.
Example. Travel plan of the applicant: 10 days Greenland/Faroe Islands, 2 days in Denmark and 5 days in Iceland, applicant must submit his/her documents for Danish visa + Greenland/Faroe Islands. This visa will cover applicant’s stay in Iceland as well.
Citizens of the following countries may apply at the Denmark Visa Application Centres in Russia:
Citizens of the Russian Federation, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, citizens of third countries who have a residence permit in the listed countries.
Representation agreements for Kaliningrad, Yekaterinburg and Almaty in Kazakhstan:In Kaliningrad visa applications for Denmark can be submitted at the Lithuanian Consulate in Kaliningrad. In Yekaterinburg visa applications for Denmark can be submitted at the Hungarian Consulate in Yekaterinburg. In Kazakhstan visa applications for Denmark can be submitted at the Hungarian Consulate in Almaty. Please contact the respective Consulates for details.