Many foreign nationals are free to live and work in Denmark. However, some are required to hold a residence and work permit - this is the case for Russian citizens. The specific requirements in connection with living and working in Denmark depend, first and foremost, on a person’s nationality and qualifications.
It is your own responsibility to obtain a work permit if you are required to. If you work illegally in Denmark, you risk deportation, and you and your employer risk fine or imprisonment.
Normally, professional or labour market considerations must warrant a residence and work permit, for example, if there is a lack of persons in Denmark who can carry out a specific type of work. Read general information about salaried work.
The rules also apply in the case of voluntary/unpaid work.
For more details Click Here
- From 01.01.2011 the Danish Immigration Service has introduced service fees for handling applications for some types of work and residence permits. For more information please click here.
There is a service charge of 1050 RUB (inclusive of VAT) levied per application over and above the visa fees.
- The fees are non-refundable.
- To pay the visa fee, please, visit https://dys.um.dk/permit/. Instruction on making the payment can be found here.
Please visit the official web portal of the Danish Immigration Service and the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration, where you can find all the information regarding the list of required documents
and process of applying for a residence permit to Denmark:
It is both possible to hand in all original documents or submit the application online at the web-site of the Ministry.
In case you have submitted your application for residence permit online you must obtain your biometrics within 14 days after submitting the documents. You also have to print the automatic confirmation that the application is submitted online.
Then you should make an appointment with our visa centre https://www.vfsglobal.com/Denmark/Russia/, for student ST1 and au-pair AU1 applications you also have to proceed an interview directly at the Embassy in Moscow
In order to make an appointment both with the visa centre and with the Embassy, please call the VFS Visa Centre in Moscow, tlf in Moscow +7 499 350 78 72 ( from 09:00 till 16:00).
You have to bring the following documents:
- Original passport
- Full copy each page in colour of original passport
- Case Order ID payment confirmation printed out https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-GB ( NB: XG1 volunteers applications and applications for Faroe Islands/Greenland are exempted)
- Consular fee payment confirmation printed out https://dys.um.dk/permit/
- Confirmation printed out if the documents are submitted online https://www.vfsglobal.com/Denmark/Russia/study.html
- In case you have submitted your application for residence permit online you must obtain your biometrics within 14 days after submitting the documents. You also have to print the automatic confirmation that the application is submitted online.
It is your decision whether to hand in your original passport when submitting the documents or later when the decision is already taken. You must present your original passport at VFS when submitting the documents so VFS can make a notice that the original passport was seen, then you can keep it without handing it to the Visa Center and only submit it later after the Embassy informs you that the decision is taken.
The Embassy underline that all three payments have to be paid upon res permit applications: Case order id, consular fee and service fee.
Note: Color copies of all documents need to be submitted. All documents should be in English or Danish language.
Schedule an Appointment
For scheduling an appointment to submit your application at the Visa Centre please call +7 (499) 350-78-72, +7 (499) 704-30-04 between 09:00 - 16:00 from Monday to Friday except holidays.
Online Application Form
- Register your visa application online and book an appointment with VFS
After completing the visa application form and paying visa fee online, you must book an appointment to submit your documents at VFS by clicking here. Make sure to bring along all the required documents and hand in supporting documents at the Visa Application Centre.